Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moura probably has an appearance bonus, day off and 20k. There's you motivation.

Tactical.... We are 4 - 0 up, why question tactics, he has passed on that one
Read my post again. I did not question the tactics that helped us achieve a 4-0 lead at half time or help us hold onto it for the second half but I did question the tactical benefits of the substitution. To use appearance bonus money as a motivational answer is rather lame in my opinion. Is Lucas that shortof money ?

Read my post again. I did not question the tactics that helped us achieve a 4-0 lead at half time or help us hold onto it for the second half but I did question the tactical benefits of the substitution. To use appearance bonus money as a motivational answer is rather lame in my opinion. Is Lucas that shortof money ?
You asked for a man management reason, I gave you one. 20k is 20k no matter what you are on. To dismiss it is rather lame in my opinion.

You asked for a man management reason, I gave you one. 20k is 20k no matter what you are on. To dismiss it is rather lame in my opinion.
So bunging £20k into Moura's back pocket for a 9 minute appearance to 'keep him sweet' is man management ? He is a professional footballer hungry for playing time not some sort of mercenary. I just think that the manner in which he is being utilised/treated will eventually alienate him . I know he cannot live off the semi final hat trick achievement forever but he deserves more time to show his worth than he is currently being given. In my opinion today was a perfect opportunity for Kane to rest up after 45 mins ready for mid week and Moura to have much needed real match time.
I am not being negative over the performance or result, it's great to see the team attacking and going forward at every opportunity. They have answered their critics emphatically today and I am chuffed to bits at the win. I just felt that at 4-0 up Poch could have swapped Harry and Lucas, that's all.

That's a great point I never thought about.
Harry Kane wants to score goals. He is our most important and valuable player.
I am surprised he was subbed at all.
I've got family and mates who play at various levels and it's not a primary reason but it is a point and they love it when they get on for a minute rather than stay on the bench.

Day off and drink money... Also means they have a lighter warm down after and a day off the next day (those who play don't come in)... Plenty of reasons if you want to see them.

Was so nice to see us in full flow today. It's been a long time coming.

That's the way we have to and can play against these deep lying defences. Need to maintain it and get some rhythm going. No more Newcastle-like cock-ups please.

So bunging £20k into Moura's back pocket for a 9 minute appearance to 'keep him sweet' is man management ? He is a professional footballer hungry for playing time not some sort of mercenary. I just think that the manner in which he is being utilised/treated will eventually alienate him . I know he cannot live off the semi final hat trick achievement forever but he deserves more time to show his worth than he is currently being given. In my opinion today was a perfect opportunity for Kane to rest up after 45 mins ready for mid week and Moura to have much needed real match time.
I am not being negative over the performance or result, it's great to see the team attacking and going forward at every opportunity. They have answered their critics emphatically today and I am chuffed to bits at the win. I just felt that at 4-0 up Poch could have swapped Harry and Lucas, that's all.
Leave him on the bench or put him on, he gets 20k, home earlier and a day off the next day.

You were questioning reasons for giving him 5 minutes, there are plenty of reasons.

There are very few better things to watch than your team going up 4-0 by half time. Watching the second half is like coming home after an honest day of work. Finally no blue balls until by the end of the whistle.

Should have had more ambition than signing a 5 or 6 year deal with palace then.
So glad we didn't sign him.

He's in a bit of a catch 22 really. He wants to go to a bigger team, but his value to Palace is much greater than his value to any team bigger than Palace. And now that contract will be like a millstone around his neck. The only thing he can do is "go on strike", but if he does that will anyone want him?

Leave him on the bench or put him on, he gets 20k, home earlier and a day off the next day.

You were questioning reasons for giving him 5 minutes, there are plenty of reasons.
Ahh yes..."Day off and drink money " you mentioned as being two of them...£20k. Remind me to avoid the pubs Lucas frequents :thumbup:

I back Poch 100% but he does over rely on Harry Kane. This causes us problems every time Harry has an ankle injury where we suddenly don’t know how to play without him.

It’s in the best interest of the team to rest Harry when he can.

It’s in the best interest of the team to give Moura regular playing time and keep him happy.

It is in the best interest of the team to practice playing without Harry as he does spend a month or two out every season with his ankle injury.

We’ve gone through this so often - last season we had to rely on Llorente all of a sudden when Harry went down, and Llorente practically hadn’t played all season before he was asked to fill in for Harry.

This logic is so bleedin obvious, I just can’t understand why Poch can’t seem to see this.
I don’t have any stats to hand but am pretty sure we get just as many wins, if not more, when Kane doesn’t play

It's a mystery that the drones are out in force with the disagree button for you when you dare to suggest something like giving Kane a rest and giving Moura 45 minutes when we're 4 nil up.

Its like they feel like they're being disloyal if they question some of the stranger decisions that Poch makes.

And rather than engage in meaningful debate, you're just shouted down as being a whinger.

These are the same people who will be crying into their keyboards and moaning Kane is fatigued come Christmas time.

2019-202018-192017-18
1-0-03-11-0-02-11-0-0 2-0
1-1-05-32-0-05-21-0-1 3-2
1-1-15-43-0-08-21-1-1 4-3
1-2-17-63-0-19-42-1-1 7-3
2-2-111-63-0-210-63-1-110-4

Back
Top Bottom