Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flew over to stansted this morning for the game. What a day! Sonny is absolutely relentless! Never stops running and pressing.
Kane’s passing is an joy to behold the accuracy and precision - brilliant.

Thought Serge did well actually, couple of misplaced passes but looked comfortable and added that bit of attacking threat that our full backs of late lacked.

Toby and jan, okay hardly tested but imperious!

Rose..... okay I’m sorry I don’t know what he adds. Really sloppy in possession and not a good passer or crosser. He doesn’t attack space and he relies on using his body to defend which puts us under more pressure. All for Ben/Sess starting LB going forward for me

Their results against Man Utd, Man City, Licerpool and ArseAnal in the last 12 months show that this was far from a given... annoyingly, Crystal Palace are a far better team than Newcastle, which defies logic bearing in mind the result 2 weeks ago... but there it is....
we are Palace's bogey team... just as they are ArseAnal's bogey team... and Newcastle are fast becoming ours... go figure... fucking football eh?
But not THIS weekend at least!!

What's up?
The atmosphere is non existent, so bad that there's more atmosphere on the moon. The stewards are all wankers, the service at the tap inn is shite. It's in a sun trap too.

Right above the away fans and not one decent song, fuck all. Stand up and get told to shut up and sit down. Only song that was sung by some was 'stand up if you hate Asres...', we weren't playing them you pricks!! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Why so soon?
Just back from international duty and a big match coming up Wednesday. Why risk injury rather than rest him and let Lucas see how he can impress over 45 minutes and not just with a 9 minute cameo appearance instead ?.
I'm sorry but I just don't see the benefits of making that call, to either player.

Spurs 4th goal was number 8997 in major matches, so goal 9000 is coming shortly.
Full record P 5302, W 2376, D 1262, L 1664, F 8997, A 6981.
Some of you may remember goal 10000 scored by Rafael Van der Vaart v. Woolwich in 2011, but that included all competitive games, including Spurs' amateur era and war time games.
The 9000 will be the major matches only.

The atmosphere is non existent, so bad that there's more atmosphere on the moon. The stewards are all wankers, the service at the tap inn is shite. It's in a sun trap too.

Right above the away fans and not one decent song, fuck all. Stand up and get told to shut up and sit down. Only song that was sung by some was 'stand up if you hate Asres...', we weren't playing them you pricks!! 🤦‍♂️
424 is right next to the boxes as well isn’t it? I’ve only been in the south stand so far and don’t think I’d sit anywhere else, but thanks for the heads up, will avoid

Maybe with 20-25 to go when it was a damage limitation excercise, I think half time is a bit much in case of genuine injuries

Oops that was meant to be an edit, not me talking to myself.....
Okay, I'll go along with that but unless we start treating Lucas with a bit more respect the guy is going to get itchy feet. I just saw no benefit to either party bringing him on for such a short space of time.

424 is right next to the boxes as well isn’t it? I’ve only been in the south stand so far and don’t think I’d sit anywhere else, but thanks for the heads up, will avoid

Judging by some of the recent comments a fair number of people are really unhappy with their seats.

I hope that the club will allow relocations at the end of the season before things get out of hand.

And yeah the whole of the east upper is a sun trap at the moment too.

I back Poch 100% but he does over rely on Harry Kane. This causes us problems every time Harry has an ankle injury where we suddenly don’t know how to play without him.

It’s in the best interest of the team to rest Harry when he can.

It’s in the best interest of the team to give Moura regular playing time and keep him happy.

It is in the best interest of the team to practice playing without Harry as he does spend a month or two out every season with his ankle injury.

We’ve gone through this so often - last season we had to rely on Llorente all of a sudden when Harry went down, and Llorente practically hadn’t played all season before he was asked to fill in for Harry.

This logic is so bleedin obvious, I just can’t understand why Poch can’t seem to see this.

Sound performances all round.
Alderweireld was my MoM. Some of those 40m crossfield passes reminded me of the Walker/Rose heyday of 3 years ago. Long may it continue.
On to Olympiakos. I'm over in Greece at the moment and they genuinely think they can do us.
Bonus in that City got done. Pep in his fashionably casual crew neck gets stuffed! Long may it continue.
Please may I have another £200m in January?

Just kindly explain to me the tactical, motivational and man management benefits of swapping Kane for Moura when you are 4-0 up with just 5 minutes on the clock and I will then get drunk (I promise :thumbup:)
Moura probably has an appearance bonus, day off and 20k. There's you motivation.

Tactical.... We are 4 - 0 up, why question tactics, he has passed on that one

Back
Top Bottom