Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a question yeah? If in the next two weeks we see Eriksen out, Toby out, Trippier out, and Rose out, Hell Serge and Wanyama out? Who tf are we bringing in and who do you want in as replacement?

painful rebuild???....feels more like pulling the wisdom teeth. I'll stop I'm panicking and getting emotional.

Meh, he's wanted out for 2 years now.... No cause to vilify DL & MP.
Just to be clear - I'm not having a go at either of them if we sell Rose (and it's kinda clear that despite club PR, Poch has been happy to shift him for at least the past three windows now, given Rose's story about the club trying to sign him who wanted to "check if he was mental").

The reception I predict it'll get on social media, however...

Just to be clear - I'm not having a go at either of them if we sell Rose (and it's kinda clear that despite club PR, Poch has been happy to shift him for at least the past three windows now, given Rose's story about the club trying to sign him who wanted to "check if he was mental").

The reception I predict it'll get on social media, however...

I gotcha.... Thought as much anyway, mate.

This from "Rob" the owner of SC:

This is going to sound like a massive ****tease but several of our ITKs told us about Trips and Rose several days ago and have been keeping us updated but were told absolutely not to make it public.

I know that's frustrating and sounds like revisionist bull**** but it is true. That's the main reason the ITK thread has been empty for a few days, everyone was sitting waiting for this news to break so they could start talking again!

"Several ITK's have told the idiot, but were asked not to make it public"

Code for we are just facilitators for stuff that is on the WWW but please send me your donations.

What a giant cock!

Am feeling a little uneasy about seeing a first team regular being sold, without any indication of incoming replacements. Bad season or not, he played a lot of games.
I do have faith in the club that there is a plan of action, however transfers (Tanguy aside) have not been a strong point and my bums a bit squeaky.
Anyone wish to soothe my hole?
Ben Dover here. At your service.

No mystery about Ceballos ... RM only want to loan him out for a year to get him off their wages budget, we insisted on a right-to-buy clause which they refused. Woolwich will give him a year off in London at their expense with no option to buy.

Might be good might not, but either way he's gone in twelve months, that's West Ham thinking ... lol

I am not sure what our transfer plans are at the moment, I think it's great we got early business done with Ndombele but I have to say I am getting a little nervous seeing all the names we are apparently going to sell.

We have so many players sitting on our books which offer us nothing that could be sold and the money reinvested, instead we seem to be looking to sell first team players which is concerning to me.

Our issue in recent seasons has been lack of competition for places and poor depth, our first 11 has not been the issue, surely we should be building on what we already have or if we plan on replacing at the very least get the replacements signed first BEFORE we sell that way we don't risk leaving ourselves short.

I dunno, it's times like the Burnley game last season and even the CL final where we lacked impact players from the bench, I don't think we can afford to let our best players go without knowing for sure whatever replacements we bring in will be of equal quality because if they aren't then what can we turn to? Especially if our bench quality is as lacking as last season.
Feel better now?

Davi Alves, he’s bloody 36, doesn’t matter how talented you are at that age your legs are starting to go. Just think of old man Alves against Son or Lucas, he’d get ripped to pieces unless he had a good DM and CB next to him to cover.

And also by that age dementia is well and truly set in, along with rigger mortis and gout.

Poch is going TOTAL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Lucas - Winks - Ndombele - Son
Eriksen - Dele
Kane

Come on mate! Be fucking serious now

That's not total football. Here you go.....I'll fix it for you.

Lloris
Lucas - Toby - Jan - Son
Ndombele - Sissoko
Eriksen - Dele - Bale
Kane

Can't wait to see how many get pissed at Sissoko and Bale in a total football line-up. Gotta do something to get to 2000 pages

Last edited:
I like our colonial cousins and love going on holiday to the USofA. Fabulous place.

But you have to AX questions of nation that feels the need to shorten 3 letter words to 2.

As a Brit born and bred, i have lived the past dozen years between the two Nations and have to say that:

In the USA:

Sport Rules (nothing else in the universe counts as even a worry or concern)
I get to see every PL /CL/Championship/Italian/French/Spanish/German/Dutch /MLS game of footie for fuck all LIVE.
Own a gun (or three)
Have made many, many friends (never wounded one accidentally when pissed)
Can buy prime rib for the price of a packet of Lineker's crisps
Pay a quid fifty for a gallon of gas (petrol)

In the UK

Miss going to most games (but still have renewed my season ticket of 35 years)
Do miss terribly Sunday pub lunches (beef and Yorkshire)
Do not fucking miss the shite weather
LOL at those weak, knee trembling, can't wipe my nose and arse remainers
Never miss the M25 or fucking hell's bell's M6

Fuck the different spelling misnomers, and if you cunts knew your history you'd know why.

See you all in September when i return to Old Blighty for my annual three month visit.

RB : Tripps / Aurier / KWP / Foyth / Dier
LB : Rose / Davies / Bale / Vertonghen

Selling Tripps to me seems possible since we do have cover in that position; however if Aurier is injured; I don't think our options are going to be good enough if we want to challenge for the title or champs league.

Selling Rose would be disastrous if we retain Davies as our only left back. Sure, rumours we are brining in Ryan Sess; but I am not convinced he is ready and it seems to go against Poch's way to slowly introduce players into the squad.

I'm sure the club knows what it is doing and we have nothing to worry about, and I look forward to seeing Sissoko bossing it at left back next season.

On Monday, though, both Calciomercato and Gazzetta dello Sport report that Spurs could offer both Alderweireld AND Moussa Sissoko in a swap deal.

Zaniolo

On Monday, though, both Calciomercato and Gazzetta dello Sport report that Spurs could offer both Alderweireld AND Moussa Sissoko in a swap deal.

Zaniolo
Could work out for them since Sissoko does enough work to cover for Manolas, Pellegrini, and Zaniola. Pretty cunning by Baldini but surely they don't value Zaniola at 100M?:allitongue::troll:

But Manure bought AWB...

I said “a AWB”....meant to type an AWB. Point being that’s how much promising RBs seem to be going for so, given lack of plausible links to any ourselves, giving KWP a genuine run of games before the January TW has little downside:
If he proves himself then brilliant, if not we buy in January.
The worst case is we’ve had a right back costing us goals for half a season.....

As opposed to a whole season in 2018/19

Back
Top Bottom