Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

de Ligt has show much more than Foyth. Let's not pretend that Foyth has taken the league by storm. Care to elaborate on why de Ligt is a bad cb? I'm assuming you're basing your argument on de Ligt being nutmegged by Rose in the CL. Have you actually watched him play?
I haven’t said de ligt is a bad CB.
I said he makes worse mistakes than Foyth in a shit league, is a gamble and I think Foyth will be better and I’ve rather invest in him than spunk 50M on some kid.

I don’t remember the nutmeg so no couldn’t give a fuck. I just told you I’ve seen him get owned out of position up the pitch out wide where CBs have no right to be several times.

I don’t see the fuss, just another decent kid in a good young Ajax team. So what.
Without the headed goals, no one would give a shit about him or his supposed defensive qualities.

So looks like Trippier and Rose might be off. Not totally unexpected - but I'd assumed all full back recruitment would be next summer as we had more than enough to do this summer.

And no rumours of replacements i have seen

I'd got kind of used to thinking that Foyth, Aurier and KWP could cover RB, but only Ben Davies at LB ? - whilst I think Ryan Sessegnon ( if he comes) could be a LB in time, I certainly don't see him doing it next season...and with him still coming back from a hamstring injury he won't have much time to practice either.

Think we need to hear something relatively quickly s there is only 3 weeks is so to go of TW

Poch is going TOTAL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Lucas - Winks - Ndombele - Son
Eriksen - Dele
Kane

Last edited:
I don’t give a flying fuck who leaves and who comes in I just want the fucking window shut, this place is always bat shit mental unless we have games to watch.

Then it’s a slightly different kind of bat shit mental.

I remember bat shit mental when it was all just fields...

I think Micky might have a point here..

Aarons is great at making last ditch tackles. He will not be getting many assists for Norwich next season.
A punt on Derby's Bogle would be my preference.

I haven’t said de ligt is a bad CB.
I said he makes worse mistakes than Foyth in a shit league, is a gamble and I think Foyth will be better and I’ve rather invest in him than spunk 50M on some kid.

I don’t remember the nutmeg so no couldn’t give a fuck. I just told you I’ve seen him get owned out of position up the pitch out wide where CBs have no right to be several times.

I don’t see the fuss, just another decent kid in a good young Ajax team. So what.
Without the headed goals, no one would give a shit about him or his supposed defensive qualities.
So you can’t actually substantiate your arguments whatsoever, okay. Could you perhaps then tell me a bit about what you think Foyth does better than de Ligt? Or just what he does well in general, for you to rate him so highly? Also, de Ligt has performed against top opposition as well

Am feeling a little uneasy about seeing a first team regular being sold, without any indication of incoming replacements. Bad season or not, he played a lot of games.
I do have faith in the club that there is a plan of action, however transfers (Tanguy aside) have not been a strong point and my bums a bit squeaky.
Anyone wish to soothe my hole?

So you can’t actually substantiate your arguments whatsoever, okay. Could you perhaps then tell me a bit about what you think Foyth does better than de Ligt? Or just what he does well in general, for you to rate him so highly? Also, de Ligt has performed against top opposition as well
I don’t owe you fuck all.

I prefer Foyth so go and cry in the corner if that’s what you need to do.
Fucking demanding details from me while offering FUCK ALL as to why de ligt is better.
“He played in this game and that game”.....I don’t give a fuck.

Origi scored in the CL final and won, is he better than Kane? Twat

I am not sure what our transfer plans are at the moment, I think it's great we got early business done with Ndombele but I have to say I am getting a little nervous seeing all the names we are apparently going to sell.

We have so many players sitting on our books which offer us nothing that could be sold and the money reinvested, instead we seem to be looking to sell first team players which is concerning to me.

Our issue in recent seasons has been lack of competition for places and poor depth, our first 11 has not been the issue, surely we should be building on what we already have or if we plan on replacing at the very least get the replacements signed first BEFORE we sell that way we don't risk leaving ourselves short.

I dunno, it's times like the Burnley game last season and even the CL final where we lacked impact players from the bench, I don't think we can afford to let our best players go without knowing for sure whatever replacements we bring in will be of equal quality because if they aren't then what can we turn to? Especially if our bench quality is as lacking as last season.

Lion has been saying all summer that Rose will be signing a new deal.

Looks like he's doubling down

The first team squad travels tomorrow Wednesday so I'd expect Spurs to issue the squad list within the next day or two ( they have for previous preseasons) and I can't see them not adding a line or two on why certain first team players are not travelling.

So assume we will be told them. And on a more general note I'd expect announcements in new contracts in the next couple of weeks, and that should show if Rose has signed s new one - although TBF that sometimes happens before a move to push up the price.

Back
Top Bottom