Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we end up losing Trippier, Rose, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Llorente are we really going to bring in 5 new players ? Our issue last season was lack of depth in our squad . I really don’t see how getting rid of these players ( Toby of course is not in our control) helps that issue. I may of course be proved completely wrong in the remaining 3 weeks which would be great but with the tour starting today it’s a bit concerning.

I don’t owe you fuck all.

I prefer Foyth so go and cry in the corner if that’s what you need to do.
Fucking demanding details from me while offering FUCK ALL as to why de ligt is better.
“He played in this game and that game”.....I don’t give a fuck.

Origi scored in the CL final and won, is he better than Kane? Twat
Didn’t demand anything from you. Just wanted to hear how you arrive at your conclusions. Tell me, are there any players not in this Tottenham team that are any good?

Why? Just because you got a yellow card? If you want complain about the lack of transfer activity then do it.

Now look at the absolute bo!!ocks on here since Rose was apparemtly left at home, Trippier set to join Atletico, Ceballos seemingly turning us down and the same with Seliba.

Just turn at a whim and will do the same if any decision changes.

No one is prepared to say what's going on so late in the transfer window or even embarrassing to lose out to a club in the Europa.

Some posters may never be negative but fcuk being a lemming every day.

You hate some of oyr players unfairly (Eriksen, Dele, Kane) and defend others unconditionally (Trippier, Foyth, Onomah)

I’ve called Dele and Eriksen world class on their day, I’ve said Kane is the best striker in Europe and thus the world WHEN FIT, and when Trippier and Foyth are poor I call them out.

People like you fall silent went Dele or Kane or Eriksen play shit.
That’s your weird little problem, if you want to treat them like NSync pop idols.
I’m here for the football.

If Kane has a shit game, it’s not Trippiers fault, because you like Kane better.
Grow the fuck up.

Now look at the absolute bo!!ocks on here since Rose was apparemtly left at home, Trippier set to join Atletico, Ceballos seemingly turning us down and the same with Seliba.

Just turn at a whim and will do the same if any decision changes.

No one is prepared to say what's going on so late in the transfer window or even embarrassing to lose out to a club in the Europa.

Some posters may never be negative but fcuk being a lemming every day.
True that, but you've not answered my question.
I mean aren't you becoming a lemming by succumbing to pressure from others and saying nothing?

If we end up losing Trippier, Rose, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Llorente are we really going to bring in 5 new players ? Our issue last season was lack of depth in our squad . I really don’t see how getting rid of these players ( Toby of course is not in our control) helps that issue. I may of course be proved completely wrong in the remaining 3 weeks which would be great but with the tour starting today it’s a bit concerning.
No, as it is, the only person we've replaced is Dembele. Anyway we might get rid of one or two but more than that I don't see happening. Everything is going to go to the wire again.

True that, but you've not answered my question.
I mean aren't you becoming a lemming by succumbing to pressure from others and saying nothing?

Nope of course not. Do I ever come across as that type of character?

I want to wait and watch. Read the posts of the hypocrites and the optimists.

Those who flit and genuflect at everything Levy and Pochettino without qurstioning the clarity and coherence.

I have my views but am happy to see them proved wrong.

And sometimes silence moves your position forward more than arguing the toss with immovable objects.

Last edited:
Looks like we have rejected Correra and accepted straight cash for Trippier, which is smart. I'd imagine that'll go straight towards the Lo Celso or Sessengon deals.

No, as it is, the only person we've replaced is Dembele. Anyway we might get rid of one or two but more than that I don't see happening. Everything is going to go to the wire again.
Looks like it.

The Dembele hole has been filled.

The longer it goes the more I think Alderweireld and Eriksen may be here next season.

With Trippier going/gone we can use Aurier/KWP/Foyth (at a stretch) for RWB.

We desperately need two more midfield (especially if Eriksen goes) and Kane cover.

The dead wood (Janssen, GKN etc) should be given away to get them off the books.

Only a couple of weeks left.

Looks like it.

The longer it goes the more I think Alderweireld and Eriksen may be here next season.

We desperately need two more midfield (especially if Eriksen goes) and Kane cover.

The dead wood (Janssen, GKN etc) should be given away to get them off the books.

It's been a strange window so far. We've smashed our transfer record, as have City. But other than that and the AWB deal to Man Utd, the whole window has been pretty quiet.

I expect there to be a flurry of movement towards the end of the window, but I would be happy if Eriksen and Alderweireld stay, as long as Eriksen signs a new deal even if its just a year extension.

Looks like it.

Their stock has gone down so much, I doubt that anyone wants to take them for free.

Back
Top Bottom