Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EXHIBIT A - Eriksen has sold his house (according to the internet)

EXHIBIT B - Eriksen has stated that he would like a new challenge

EXHIBIT C - Eriksen's family have been seen viewing houses in Madrid (according to the internet)

EXHIBIT D - Club has stated that they would like him to stay but if he wants to go they will not stand in his way.

EXHIBIT E - Internet sleuths were able to lip read Son asking Eriksen if he is going to sign his new contract; to which he replied 'I think so' .

EXHIBIT F - Contract runs out in 1 year. Club cannot afford to let players leave for free and; have no contract over which club they join.

EXHIBIT G - We are linked with 3 other midfield players; suggesting we are shopping for a replacement.

EXHIBIT H - With Bale bang on for sure coming home (no doubt about it, sure thing); we need room in the squad.

IF A and C are true; that would suggest that Madrid has been given permission by Spurs to talk to the player, which in turn suggests that negotiations are progressing.

I move to strike Exhibits A, C and E on the grounds that "according to the internet" and "internet sleuths" are inadmissible

It’s got nothing to do with people giving a shit.

As an individual, Eriksen has the same rights and obligations as Craig at Asda and he’s entitled to his rights as an employer to honor his contract and nothing else beyond.

So why are you talking about moral conduct then?
I guess you think Sol Campbell was simply doing what was right too.
Or are your “rights and obligations” different depending on which team you join.

And on the flip side, if he owes us fuck all respect, then don’t be surprised when people turn on him.......what goes around comes around

Last edited:
So why are you talking about moral conduct then?
I guess you think Sol Campbell was simply doing what was right too.
Or are your “rights and obligations” different depending on which team you join.

And on the flip side, if he owes us fuck all respect, then don’t be surprised when people turn on him.......what goes around comes around

Judas was the totally opposite situation, don’t you think?

Until his very last day he lied through his teeth and told us he’d extend.

Eriksen had done the exact opposite and has been honest about his intentions, allowing the club to look at alternatives and prepare for his departure.

That’s really the best we could expect of him, no? Just be frank and truthful about what he intends to do so that everyone knows what to expect and make preparations.

To expect anything beyond that, i. e. sign contracts that you don’t want to sign or that’s not in your favour etc., I think is just so naive and detached from reality that IF that’s what you really expect from the players then I’ll bite my tongue and stop adding to this subject.

Last edited:
We can't afford to lose him or Toby imo. Whoever we bring in to replace them would have to be of equal skill or better and hit the ground running, which seems very unlikely.

I think, regardless of who we sign, we would be a weaker team if we lost them.

Yup, so we try to get some great replacements and try to get them to gel throughout the year and rebuild.

Has to be done once in every few years at least, I think our task id made easier this time round by a weaker Chelsea team who are unable to sign anyone and Woolwich and Man U who are in a rut.

Yup, so we try to get some great replacements and try to get them to gel throughout the year and rebuild.

Has to be done once in every few years at least, I think our task id made easier this time round by a weaker Chelsea team who are unable to sign anyone and Woolwich and Man U who are in a rut.

This is the thing, bring the replacements in now and keep Eriksen and Toby, bed them in and let them be competition for their places, then, if we think they are good enough come the following season we are in a more comfortable position to let Toby and Eriksen go and bring in competition for our new replacements.

Obviously they have to be replaced eventually anyway but I don't like this idea of just selling them and replacing them with people who have to hit the ground running and could possibly be weaker than those two in general anyway.

It's a stupid way to do business imo, also, the reality is, if we just sell to buy we are no better off than we already are anyway, our issue (besides replacing Dembele and sorting our fullback positions) has never been weakness in our first 11, it's always been weakness in our depth.

We can't afford to lose him or Toby imo. Whoever we bring in to replace them would have to be of equal skill or better and hit the ground running, which seems very unlikely.

I think, regardless of who we sign, we would be a weaker team if we lost them.

We are a better team now than we were with Bale and Modric, two players who are far better than anyone in our current squad.

Eriksen and Toby want to leave, if the right offer comes then let them go. They are not the only good players in the world. We have enough quality in our team and our coaching staff to handle their departure, we may have to play a different way but so what? Two years ago Toby effectively was a non-entity and Davison was thrown straight in, we finished 3rd comfortably.

We cannot force players to sign contracts, if these guys don't want more than 1 more year at Tottenham then we have to be pragmatic and be ready to replace them if the right offer comes. We have to trust that Levy and Poch know what they are doing.

Judas was the totally opposite situation, don’t you think?

Until his very last day he lied through his teeth and told us he’d extend.

Eriksen had done the exact opposite and has been honest about his intentions, allowing the club to look at alternatives and prepare for his departure.

That’s really the best we could expect of him, no? Just be frank and truthful about what he intends to do so that everyone knows what to expect and make preparations.

To expect anything beyond that, i. e. sign contracts that you don’t want to sign or that’s not in your favour etc., I think is just so naive and detached from reality that IF that’s what you really expect from the players then I’ll bite my tongue and stop adding to this subject.
So if Eriksen runs down his contract and joins aresenal you won’t mind because he didn’t lie, and he “owes us nothing”.

Good to know

Isn’t it funny that so far I’ve been accused accused of judging him on one season, and now it’s apparently one game

What am I missing here - I don't see the funny part. Don't like you judging players on one game. I know it hasn't been Eriksen's best season, and as far as I remember, you're slating Dele for the same thing. Fair enough.

I believe they'll get back to former strength, and then we've got two world class players. And I do appreciate your wrong opinion.

Back
Top Bottom