Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit of an overreaction towards Eriksens comments imo.

The lad was asked about his future by a Danish journo, and all he said was, “I feel the time is mature for tryingsomething new, but I have the deepest respect for Tottenham, and it would not be a bad thing to stay.

Now he has fucked over the club and can piss off... 😂

All he has ever done for the club is somehow erased, kid has been a great servant.

And we have no fucking clue what is going on behind closed doors, if offers have been received, if Eriksen was ok with a new deal, but Levy was being cheap.

Saying NOTHING would be better and entirely do-able. The fact that he chose to 'play ball' instead is where he himself opens the doors to criticism.

Regardless of whether one has sympathy towards his desires; denial of this simple fact is is futile.

"All he did was...."

"I respect his honesty..."

Bollocks..... Bored of such posts.

What am I missing here - I don't see the funny part. Don't like you judging players on one game. I know it hasn't been Eriksen's best season, and as far as I remember, you're slating Dele for the same thing. Fair enough.

I believe they'll get back to former strength, and then we've got two world class players. And I do appreciate your wrong opinion.
The funny thing that you’re missing is that it’s not one game if it’s one season is it.

And Deles been shite for two years.

You say it hasn’t been Eriksens best season, so why are you waffling on about one game all the time?
Eriksen was shit in the final. It doesn’t mean that was his only shit game.

We can't afford to lose him or Toby imo. Whoever we bring in to replace them would have to be of equal skill or better and hit the ground running, which seems very unlikely.

I think, regardless of who we sign, we would be a weaker team if we lost them.
100% agree. Arguably our two best players.
If we can't persuade these 2 guys that their future and best prospects lie with Tottenham Hotspur then questions need to be asked of the heirarchy.
Top clubs keep their top players.

The funny thing that you’re missing is that it’s not one game if it’s one season is it.

And Deles been shite for two years.

You say it hasn’t been Eriksens best season, so why are you waffling on about one game all the time?
Eriksen was shit in the final. It doesn’t mean that was his only shit game.

Well your opening argument was, that Eriksen owed us for not showing up in the biggest game of clubs history. That's kinda where the "don't-judge-on-one-game" came from. But never mind.

So who would you replace Eriksen and Dele with? There's no guarantee new blood will take us further. I'm fairly positive, that an enforcer like Ndombele will give more freedom to the likes of Eriksen and Dele, and they'll go back to doing what they do best.

Well your opening argument was, that Eriksen owed us for not showing up in the biggest game of clubs history. That's kinda where the "don't-judge-on-one-game" came from. But never mind.

So who would you replace Eriksen and Dele with? There's no guarantee new blood will take us further. I'm fairly positive, that an enforcer like Ndombele will give more freedom to the likes of Eriksen and Dele, and they'll go back to doing what they do best.

There’s no guarantee that Eriksen or Dele take us further either......in fact, we’ve won nothing with them at their best so I don’t see why keeping them as first team regulars is key when they aren’t.

Eriksen can leave as far as I’m concerned. I’d keep Dele but he needs benching. I wouldn’t care if he was sold, but still hold out for a better season.
Eriksen bores the shit out of me.

100% agree. Arguably our two best players.
If we can't persuade these 2 guys that their future and best prospects lie with Tottenham Hotspur then questions need to be asked of the heirarchy.

What do you suggest we can offer CE that his dream clubs can't?

Bigger wages? Sadly not.... Then again we're led to assume it's not about money.
Better chance of Trophies? Again, sadly not.... Yet, as a club our stock is as high as it's been for decades having just become a regular CL-team that just made the final.

A stable, more wholesome working environment.... Sure, but as I'm sure you'd confess, that's not exactly a major commodity here.

Fuck knows what TA's after.... Him and his agent are seemingly having a 'mare.

Top clubs keep their top players.

Cos Barca didn't lose Neymar.
Cos RM didn't lose Ronaldo.
Cos PSG aren't set to lose Neymar
Cos United didn't lose Ronaldo

Or slightly lower on the scale...

Cos Chavs didn't lose Hazard.
Cos AM didn't lose Griesman
Cos Liverpool didn't lose Coutinho
Cos Liverpool didn't lose Suarez
Cos Liverpool didn't lose Sterling
Cos BVB don't get rinsed of their best most seasons
Cos Arse didn't just see Sanchez & Ramsey walk for fuck all (and are being screwed for 350pkw in an attempt to cling onto Ozil for the sake of vanity)

Pretty sure I don't need to list any further....

[....as John subsequently runs a mile. :sigh: ]

Last edited:
Not sure Athletico Madrid was the club he was hoping for but if he's going it would be perfect for us.
They have the dosh from Greizmann etc.

Nah, they've well and truly spunked that already + they're bitching that Barca got him for less than they had initially agreed.

Saying NOTHING would be better and entirely do-able. The fact that he chose to 'play ball' instead is where he himself opens the doors to criticism.

Regardless of whether one has sympathy towards his desires; denial of this simple fact is is futile.

"All he did was...."

"I respect his honesty..."

Bollocks..... Bored of such posts.
I never wrote I respected his honesty, I wrote, imo the slag he is getting is too much.
It would be fine, if he was one of those players who always had the fans support, but even during good stretches, you would find people even on here slagging him. Always been underrated even amongst our own.

Because of that, and the light comments, I find the slag to be over the top.

The same people who slag him, probably never praised him. (Hyperbole)

Should he have kept his mouth shut, sure - Does he deserve to be crucified over not doing so, hell no.

Last edited:
Not sure Athletico Madrid was the club he was hoping for but if he's going it would be perfect for us.
They have the dosh from Greizmann etc.
Must be a blow to his over inflated ego knowing that Barca and RM don't rate him too highly. I hope Atletico can pay some good money for the prick and he can finally go fuck off to Spain.

I never wrote I respected his honesty, I wrote, imo the slag he is getting is too much.
It would be fine, if he was one of those players who always had the fans support, but even during good stretches, you would find people even on here slagging him. Always been underrated even amongst our own.

Because of that, and the light comments, I find the slag to be over the top.

The same people who slag him, probably never praised him. (Hyperbole)

Should he have kept his mouth shut, sure - Does he deserve to be crucified over not doing so, hell no.

Indeed, I respect that.... I'm just alluding to the general cross section of sentiment that exists here.

If he was as universally under-rated as you insist (which I dissagree with!) then why is no-one flocking to buy him now he's declared himself ready for a "new challenge"?

(Rhetorical question, but... Maybe the many here who've insisted he is world class, have been over-rating him all along?)

As for the latter, tell me.... Seeing as you've conceded that he "SHOULD have kept his mouth shut" what does he deserve?

Not a sign of him in the training video the club released today. No question the club are going out of their way to keep out of sight for the time being.

Indeed, I respect that.... I'm just alluding to the general cross section of sentiment that exists here.

If he was as universally under-rated as you insist (which I dissagree with!) then why is no-one flocking to buy him now he's declared himself ready for a "new challenge"?

(Rhetorical question, but... Maybe the many here who've insisted he is world class, have been over-rating him all along?)

As for the latter, tell me.... Seeing as you've conceded that he "SHOULD have kept his mouth shut" what does he deserve?
Well, I find it hard to answer your first question, as we have no clue who have been flocking or not, if clubs have been interested but the price was too high for a near free agent, also we do not know if CE himself has turned any offers down.

I personally think he is a world class player, he just shines in areas that do not receive the same attention as a flair first player like Hazard. I do not however think he is a fit for RM, he has a weak mentality.

he deserves a proper send off, if that is what is going to happen, he has been a good servant to the club, and all the good he has done, should not be erased because of one slip of the tongue.

Well, I find it hard to answer your first question, as we have no clue who have been flocking or not, if clubs have been interested but the price was too high for a near free agent, also we do not know if CE himself has turned any offers down.

Like I said already, it was rhetorical, but you're avoidance of it suggests I may have a point.

I personally think he is a world class player, he just shines in areas that do not receive the same attention as a flair first player like Hazard. I do not however think he is a fit for RM, he has a weak mentality.

Silva, Modrich, DeBryne, Fabregas (yuk!) and many before them all get/got props as creative players....

"Weak mentality" probably what's at play for the detractors you cite, no? ...Likely preventing him from being universally considered "world class" one might summise, no? ...Games like the CL final may spring to mind for said detractors?

he deserves a proper send off, if that is what is going to happen, he has been a good servant to the club, and all the good he has done, should not be erased because of one slip of the tongue.

"Slip of the tongue"? ...That's apologist nonsense and you know it.

It wasn't an accident... It was strategic.... He broke club protocol whilst under contract to the club. He's been dreaming of glory at another club ,when he should have been focused on winning the champions league with his current employer.

So, gloss over the thing that you openly concede was wrong? As I started off by saying, he's opened himself up to such criticism, no-one else.

Last edited:
Nah, they've well and truly spunked that already + they're bitching that Barca got him for less than they had initially agreed.
Selling Hernandez, Griezmann and Rodri compared to buying Joao Felix and co still gives them a positive balance of +100 million so they have loads to spent (don’t forget they have loads of senior players released who were on heavier contracts than their incoming replacements)

Source: transfermarkt.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom