Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like I said already, it was rhetorical, but you're avoidance of it suggests I may have a point.

Silva, Modrich, DeBryne, Fabregas (yuk!) and many before them all get/got props as creative players....

"Weak mentality" probably what's at play for the detractors you cite, no? ...Likely preventing him from being universally considered "world class" one might summise, no? ...Games like the CL final may spring to mind for said detractors?

"Slip of the tongue"? ...That's apologist nonsense and you know it.

It wasn't an accident... It was strategic.... He broke club protocol whilst under contract to the club. He's been dreaming of glory at another club ,when he should have been focused on winning the champions league with his current employer.

So, gloss over the thing that you openly concede was wrong? As I started off by saying, he's opened himself up to such criticism, no-one else.

Nice try,

But no, my avoidance of it, was based of off what I wrote earlier, but if this twisting of the meaning of my own words suits you better, fine.

Nope, that is not what I cite, I do not think everybody may think this, and I do think RM rate him. I personally think, he is not aggressive enough as a person to be a RM player, he is not selfish, he is not a me first kinda guy, and I think he would crumble under the pressure there. No other club in the world is the same, and I only think very a special kind of person can thrive in that setup.

I should rephrase the point of him being underrated, it is not global, it is in the UK.
Foregin pundits rate him highly and always speak fondly of him, but it seldom happens with UK pundits.
I also frequent the Madrid main boards, and there I would say around 60% would rather have him over Pogba.
It is also pretty much established that RM the club, were quite high on Eriksen, Zidane not so much.

Silva and DeBruyne play in a much better set up, so I am not going to compare them at all.

Modric, did less statistically with Tottenham than Eriksen, and his world beater label, only really stuck after joining Madrid. People are wearing their rose tinted nostalgia glases when thinking of Modric.

But like I said, Eriksen does receive praise, and lots of it, especially from non UK fans.
And again, we have no clue what clubs have come running, and if Eriksen himself has turned clubs down not named RM or Barca.

Okay, I will give you that, slip of the tongue is not the right word, and yes, he has left himself open to critisicm, that is all fine and dandy. The level of vitril against him, and the recency bias regarding the rating of him is IMO over the top compared to what other players have done and got away with, in other clubs aswell. -This I couple with the fact that he was never really 100% appreciated here, like say Kane.

I am not going to comment on the phrase about the final, as it speculative as fuck, you have no fucking clue if that was the case, and if you base your anger on speculation, I am sorry but I cannot respect that in any way shape or form.

I do however respect your right to think I am wrong, and you are right, I am not however interested in the circle jerk arguments that some seem to enjoy here - As alot of this is a matter of opinion and not much else ;) as statistics seem to have very little bearing on his detractors.

So let us just agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
Have to admire the aggressiveness in the transfer market of the Spanish clubs.

They just pay what it takes to get their man. Atletico usually get it right too.

They have done well in the past. We were in for Griezmann when he was about to leave Sociedad but we refused to pay the 24 mill buy out clause which allowed Atletico to come in and they quickly finalised a deal.

Nice try,

But no, my avoidance of it, was based of off what I wrote earlier, but if this twisting of the meaning of my own words suits you better, fine.

"Nice try", what?

You seem to be at a loss for what a rhetoric is... I'm not twisting or projecting meanings onto your words.

By the same token you seem to be off the opinion that I'm an Eriksen detractor.

Not the case... I simply have NO tolerance for players conducting their business in the media (also see Danny Rose and Defoe before them)... They are scum and this is a mindset of mine that transcends football.

Nope, that is not what I cite, I do not think everybody may think this, and I do think RM rate him. I personally think, he is not aggressive enough as a person to be a RM player, he is not selfish, he is not a me first kinda guy, and I think he would crumble under the pressure there. No other club in the world is the same, and I only think very a special kind of person can thrive in that setup.

It's not at all clear what you are addressing here..... My post doesn't reference "everybody" nor RM

I should rephrase the point of him being underrated, it is not global, it is in the UK.
Foregin pundits rate him highly and always speak fondly of him, but it seldom happens with UK pundits.

By all means, but in doing so you're moving the goal posts because you were bemoaning FAN treatment of him.... I couldn't give a fuck what the pundits think of him.

I also frequent the Madrid main boards, and there I would say around 60% would rather have him over Pogba. It is also pretty much established that RM the club, were quite high on Eriksen, Zidane not so much.

Again this has little to no relevance to what we were debating.

Silva and DeBruyne play in a much better set up, so I am not going to compare them at all.

Convenient... You bemoaned understated, creative players not getting credit unlike more dynamic attacking players. The list of names suitably debunk this claim.

Modric, did less statistically with Tottenham than Eriksen, and his world beater label, only really stuck after joining Madrid. People are wearing their rose tinted nostalgia glases when thinking of Modric.

Okay, I will give you that, slip of the tongue is not the right word, and yes, he has left himself open to criticism, that is all fine and dandy.

You "giving me" anything is not necessary. Again, the flawed statement has been suitably rebuffed.

The level of vitril against him, and the recency bias regarding the rating of him is IMO over the top compared to what other players have done and got away with, in other clubs aswell. -This I couple with the fact that he was never really 100% appreciated here, like say Kane.

Cobblers.... Many here consider him as world class.

Your closeing comment here reeks of fanboy-ism.... If you ain't Spurs, I couldn't give a fuck what you think about our clubs affairs.

I am not going to comment on the phrase about the final, as it speculative as fuck, you have no fucking clue if that was the case, and if you base your anger on speculation, I am sorry but I cannot respect that in any way shape or form.

Again, my gripe is about his interaction with the media. What was that you started off saying about twisting words?

I do however respect your right to think I am wrong, and you are right, I am not however interested in the circle jerk arguments that some seem to enjoy here - As alot of this is a matter of opinion and not much else as statistics seem to have very little bearing on his detractors.

Again, you're entirely misrepresenting MY bone of contention.

What tha fuck stats you even talking about?

So let us just agree to disagree

Meh... Enjoy the RM forums, tho.

"Nice try", what?

You seem to be at a loss for what a rhetoric is... I'm not twisting or projecting meanings onto your words.

By the same token you seem to be off the opinion that I'm an Eriksen detractor.

Not the case... I simply have NO tolerance for players conducting their business in the media (also see Danny Rose and Defoe before them)... They are scum and this is a mindset of mine that transcends football.

It's not at all clear what you are addressing here..... My post doesn't reference "everybody" nor RM

By all means, but in doing so you're moving the goal posts because you were bemoaning FAN treatment of him.... I couldn't give a fuck what the pundits think of him.

Again this has little to no relevance to what we were debating.

Convenient... You bemoaned understated, creative players not getting credit unlike more dynamic attacking players. The list of names suitably debunk this claim.

You "giving me" anything is not necessary. Again, the flawed statement has been suitably rebuffed.

Cobblers.... Many here consider him as world class.

Your closeing comment here reeks of fanboy-ism.... If you ain't Spurs, I couldn't give a fuck what you think about our clubs affairs.

Again, my gripe is about his interaction with the media. What was that you started off saying about twisting words?

Again, you're entirely misrepresenting MY bone of contention.

What tha fuck stats you even talking about?

Meh... Enjoy the RM forums, tho.
This is funny :)

You seem to think I hve a bigger bone in this than I do .

condescending attitudes always reek of desperation in my book, and boy are you being a condescending twat right now.

I simply could not give two fucks how much you agree with me or not, and your silly little attempts at being funny/clever are not going to spark the circle jerk I was talking about.

Go argue with someone who gives a fuck, all I wrote was IMO people are overreacting, and you took offense to that- Not my fucking problem :D

You say I have a problem with understanding, mate, the same goes right back at ya.

Spurs supporter since 1992, so fuck of with ya fanboy comments.

Last edited:
Well, he's on the plane...

To me that photo says, look guys i am here and very happy about it too. Eriksen's usual demeanor is to be cool, not make himself the center of attention. However, in this photo he is trying to show that he wants to be noticed and that he is happy.

100% he signs the new contract with us.

Probably has asked the pilot to make a quick drop off in Madrid. Hence he's happy. :eriksenlol:

Hahah Eriksen is smiling on the club’s official Instagram so he wants to stay?

Google the celebrations after the last minute winner v Watford in Walkers last season, just before he left. Means fuck all.

Eriksen will be here next season because no idiot is going to pay 50-100M to wait one year.
He will leave on a free and if he’s happy it’s because he knows he will pocket a sky high wage and signing on fee due to there being no transfer fee.

#legend
#hero

He’s thinking -

“This time next year with my signing on fee I can buy my own plane mofo’s.
But yeah I will stick my thumb in the air and smile a bit if you want”.

(De Ligt has just signed a contract for £250k plus a week. Potentially £400k. Absolutely nuts the wages that are out there).

Can't we just sell this guy to anyone who bids 50M or even less? Maybe clubs like Man United might be interested. It's better than nothing.

It's becoming obvious no one's going to pay top money for him and he's trying 'Aaron Ramsey' on us, using Bosman rule as leverage to get one last fat huge contract.

PL transfer window closes at 8th August, that means only 3 weeks left, Levy's better start to find bidders for him before it's too late.

I used to like this guy, but having someone who thinks he's better than the club and wants to leave to "big clubs" just because he thinks he deserves better, doesn't help this team. He won't do his best for this club as you all saw last season, and he will definately hurt the morale in the locker room.

The best solution is just sell this guy and use that money to buy Lo Celso to replace him.
Just let him fuck off to Spain or anywhere if he wants to leave.

Remember, no one is bigger than the club.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom