Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he's not going to say "I wish the little prima donna would just sign his bloody contract and stop fannying about", is he? ;)
When asked about any player he usually says he doesn't talk about rumours. I can't think I've heard him commit to a position on a player before (he has with Eriksen before), someone might contradict that but I think it's good he has put his position down. I think this is still in the balance, it all hinges on Real Madrid and they are not exactly jumping over themselves to get this done.

The man can renew his contract anytime he wants. He can probably get Harry Kane level wages. By renewing he will also help the club financially by not putting the club at a disadvantage in the transfer market. Clubs know they just need to wait 1 year and can sign him for free. If he renews, clubs will actually put in a proper bid. Because he isn't a game changer like Hazard who also had 1 yr left in his contract, clubs can afford to wait a season to sign him. It looks like he has decided to leave for free next summer to Juventus or some other shite club.

Disappointed in him to be honest. He could have helped cover the cost of bringing in his replacement but he is all about himself.

Looks like he will have to stay. That is good if he plays in the same way he has up to now. Made himself a crowd favourite. Will have to make amends with them all over again.

The man can renew his contract anytime he wants. He can probably get Harry Kane level wages. By renewing he will also help the club financially by not putting the club at a disadvantage in the transfer market. Clubs know they just need to wait 1 year and can sign him for free. If he renews, clubs will actually put in a proper bid. Because he isn't a game changer like Hazard who also had 1 yr left in his contract, clubs can afford to wait a season to sign him. It looks like he has decided to leave for free next summer to Juventus or some other shite club.

Disappointed in him to be honest. He could have helped cover the cost of bringing in his replacement but he is all about himself.
Mystic Meg is now out of a job!

Does he despise this club to the point where he won't take any chances on renewing his contract? Worst case scenario: He will waste his prime at this dreadful club as a top earner and best case scenario he finally gets sold for decent money on a good note. Both cases would benefit the club. But he doesn't want to give us that pleasure.

2SwkeaD.jpg

We do not know if it is as simple as that. It is Daniel Levy he is dealing with and he is not an easy man to deal with. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Levy knowing that RM are not going to put in a bid ( he is rumoured to have spoken to them ) that Levy has not talked to Eriksen to make him sweat and make it easier to keep the terms of any new contract down.

People bending over backwards to stroke Eriksen off, I wonder what the excuse will be when he runs his contract down and joins Man U.....

Awwwwww poor little thing deserved a big club and loves England what else could he do

We do not know if it is as simple as that. It is Daniel Levy he is dealing with and he is not an easy man to deal with. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Levy knowing that RM are not going to put in a bid ( he is rumoured to have spoken to them ) that Levy has not talked to Eriksen to make him sweat and make it easier to keep the terms of any new contract down.

Eriksen will have turned down at least 2 contract extensions,/wage increases and has thus summer been offered another contract (probably still on the table,) and I'd guess it was circa £150k PW or so, whatever the players one level down from Jane we on.

Not sure whether that is regarded as a low price at ,£7.5m pa but probably only maybe 4 or 5 clubs in PL will have players on comparable or better wages and outside Spanish two, PSG and Bayern and Juventos possibly nobody else in Europe.

Just so tired of reading something along these lines about Eriksen being selfish etc. and not signing an extension which would help to reduce our costs.

I bet those making these claims never gave a moment of consideration for their former employers when changing jobs, but hold players to a different standard of moral
conduct.

Just so tired of reading something along these lines about Eriksen being selfish etc. and not signing an extension which would help to reduce our costs.

I bet those making these claims never gave a moment of consideration for their former employers when changing jobs, but hold players to a different standard of moral
conduct.
Pogbag is in the same boat this season. Should be fun watching it unfold

EXHIBIT A - Eriksen has sold his house (according to the internet)

EXHIBIT B - Eriksen has stated that he would like a new challenge

EXHIBIT C - Eriksen's family have been seen viewing houses in Madrid (according to the internet)

EXHIBIT D - Club has stated that they would like him to stay but if he wants to go they will not stand in his way.

EXHIBIT E - Internet sleuths were able to lip read Son asking Eriksen if he is going to sign his new contract; to which he replied 'I think so' .

EXHIBIT F - Contract runs out in 1 year. Club cannot afford to let players leave for free and; have no contract over which club they join.

EXHIBIT G - We are linked with 3 other midfield players; suggesting we are shopping for a replacement.

EXHIBIT H - With Bale bang on for sure coming home (no doubt about it, sure thing); we need room in the squad.

IF A and C are true; that would suggest that Madrid has been given permission by Spurs to talk to the player, which in turn suggests that negotiations are progressing.

EXHIBIT A - Eriksen has sold his house (according to the internet)

EXHIBIT B - Eriksen has stated that he would like a new challenge

EXHIBIT C - Eriksen's family have been seen viewing houses in Madrid (according to the internet)

EXHIBIT D - Club has stated that they would like him to stay but if he wants to go they will not stand in his way.

EXHIBIT E - Internet sleuths were able to lip read Son asking Eriksen if he is going to sign his new contract; to which he replied 'I think so' .

EXHIBIT F - Contract runs out in 1 year. Club cannot afford to let players leave for free and; have no contract over which club they join.

EXHIBIT G - We are linked with 3 other midfield players; suggesting we are shopping for a replacement.

EXHIBIT H - With Bale bang on for sure coming home (no doubt about it, sure thing); we need room in the squad.

IF A and C are true; that would suggest that Madrid has been given permission by Spurs to talk to the player, which in turn suggests that negotiations are progressing.

Or storm area 51

conduct.

Players do have a different standard of moral conduct though......I’m not sure tens of thousands of people give a shit when Craig leaves his post at the till at Asda

Players do have a different standard of moral conduct though......I’m not sure tens of thousands of people give a shit when Craig leaves his post at the till at Asda

It’s got nothing to do with people giving a shit.

As an individual, Eriksen has the same rights and obligations as Craig at Asda and he’s entitled to his rights as an employer to honor his contract and nothing else beyond.

Back
Top Bottom