New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seemed like another completely different mix of people again for this one. And they were streaming out on 80 mins. Better than empty seats I guess?

Hoping it’s more regulars on Saturday as if we go into it with the atmosphere of Huddersfield or this evening it’ll be dire to watch

There must be a fair few tickets sold but not attended for some reason because there weren’t 6 odd thousand seats available this morning when my mate bought his ticket.

There must be a fair few tickets sold but not attended for some reason because there weren’t 6 odd thousand seats available this morning when my mate bought his ticket.

Posted this elsewhere but worth repeating ... of the 7,000 empty seats some 6,000 were ST holders who never put them on the exchange. There is simply nothing the club can do about that ...

Had an empty seat next too me, and the guy in front of me went down at HT and never reappeared.

Geezer next to me did exactly the same. I wondered wtf that was all about.

Aside from that I see the cuntoffs have reached their nadir, getting the pigs involved and all that. Christ on a bike.

The Sky Bar isn't open yet and they're being quite conservative with segregation so the capacity in reality is not much over 60k. And a lot of the unsold seats are probably behind the glass of the sky lounges. The prices of some of these hospitality seats are 30k and a 100k a year so that's a fair whack per game, so they're always gonna struggle to sell the most expensive seats for a midweek game against Brighton.

And it's just a general problem of making sure seats are being sold to people who go that effects every club:

The truth is some people are affluent enough to buy a season ticket and just pick and choose what game they go to.

The most important thing is that it looked full watching it on TV, so the stadium's been well designed in that respect and you don't get the hideous sight you always get at Wembley, even for Cup finals, of swathes of empty bright red seats on the half way line.

I think also that everyone is mainly thinking about the CL at the moment and these last few league games we just kind of wanna get the job done and not pick up any injuries.

I don’t get the hoo haa
Isn’t it perfectly normal for midweek games on tv against crap to not get full capacity at any football team in the world.

We still took 56,000.

WHL wouldn’t have even had 36,000 last night and no one would have battered an eyelid

Last edited:
Loads of ST holders around me were MIA yesterday. To be replaced by Victoria sponge munching day trippers. All that was missing were the doilies.

YTpaxton YTpaxton I did pop down to say hi but I think you might have been off getting your cucumber sandwiches (crusts removed of course) and Earl Grey.

I'm not there on Saturday - not because of unforeseen circumstances but it's my birthday and given my MC handle is 50 pence I'm going to drink Bacardi.

Catch up Vs Ajax if you are about?

Posted this elsewhere but worth repeating ... of the 7,000 empty seats some 6,000 were ST holders who never put them on the exchange. There is simply nothing the club can do about that ...
the club must know what seats were empty (tickets are electronic) so can't they email them and suggest if you can't turn put your ticket on the exchange or gift it to a member

Loads of ST holders around me were MIA yesterday. To be replaced by Victoria sponge munching day trippers. All that was missing were the doilies.

Likewise. And there’s one bloke near me who misses a good 30/40 mins of every game! Even against city he didn’t appear after half time till 60 mins. Mind boggles!

the club must know what seats were empty (tickets are electronic) so can't they email them and suggest if you can't turn put your ticket on the exchange or gift it to a member

There were loads of seats already on the exchange unsold.

Probably some literally just can’t be bothered though with all that fuss of the exchange.

The club clearly trying to stop the tickets getting into touts hands and to stop the scammers who were prevalent at Wembley by avoiding letting tickets go to general sale as well.

Think it was a good turnout last night all things considered.

yes club need to stop touts making the money, so in that way it works, I understand club wants the extra money from the one hotspur members, but maybe they could look at opening ticket exchange to those who are members 12 hrs before the match, (yes I'm looking at it from my point of view, as I can't justifiy £42 one hotspur membership for 1-2 home games a season)

Back
Top Bottom