New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the past, buying a season ticket was a measure of one’s commitment, now it’s just a beach towel manoeuvre.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Joe. It'll be interesting to see how many of the sunbed baggers decide not to renew for next season, or certainly the season after.

We've done it 3/4 times successfully. Each occasion we have done the following:

1. New recipient created an online account (free, not membership)
2. Sent account No. to main ST account holder
3. Account number/new recipient added to ST network
4. ST holder gift ticket to new recipient
5. New recipient gets email with a link to accept or reject ticket
6. If accepted e-ticket comes through instantly

On one occasion from the States I messed the above process up (stage 6) when wifi dropped. I never received my e-ticket so had to call the ticket office and ask them to send it again (which they did). I was also informed it was visible on my account so I could visit the ticket office on match day to get a copy.

Cheers. Tried it again and it all worked fine.

What's the etiquette about checking football score updates on your mobile in a Michelin starred restaurant?

What's the etiquette about checking football score updates on your mobile in a Michelin starred restaurant?
I believe the etiquette is to have a quiet word with your waiter as you arrive, slip him a tenner and ask him to keep you updated via hand signals from somewhere visible to you but not visible to your dining companion.

Both me and my old man couldn't make last night so stuck tickets on exchange albeit at fairly late notice, row 15 PL lower, two together, would've expected them to have been snapped up but they weren't.

Loads of ST holders around me were MIA yesterday. To be replaced by Victoria sponge munching day trippers. All that was missing were the doilies.

YTpaxton YTpaxton I did pop down to say hi but I think you might have been off getting your cucumber sandwiches (crusts removed of course) and Earl Grey.

I'm not there on Saturday - not because of unforeseen circumstances but it's my birthday and given my MC handle is 50 pence I'm going to drink Bacardi.

Catch up Vs Ajax if you are about?
Sorry I missed you, if it was HT then I would indeed have been off to calm my nerves with an Earl Grey and good old whack with the defibul .. defribilit ... heart zap thingy.

Many Happy Returns for Saturday, I’ll be there for Ajax, hopefully see you then.

Last edited:
Yep. Stewards were watching like hawks, ready to pounce on anyone who dared to stand up.
Was in the Paxton lower so couldn't really see, but looked like all those above the rail seats section were sitting, was that the case? Thing that really pissed me off with the stewards last night was one orange-coated prat getting everyone to sit down around the 90 min mark. Absolutely ridiculous. Everyone's happy/nervous so naturally stand but this knob jobsworth decided that was the perfect opportunity to exert his little bit of power. Truly pathetic and clueless. Everyone in that section was well-behaved and sat throughout the game too.

Was in the Paxton lower so couldn't really see, but looked like all those above the rail seats section were sitting, was that the case?
Yep. Everyone was standing in the rail seats and I couldn’t see anyone getting hassled.
Above that though, as soon as a few started standing, the stewards were pouncing straight in.

depends if you want the meal ruined or enhanced? (based on the current score) 50/50...

Heston likes to really push the emotional connection with food. Imagine getting your dessert just after you've heard we've won the league... Best pudding ever, can't ever be topped.

depends if you want the meal ruined or enhanced? (based on the current score) 50/50...

Heston likes to really push the emotional connection with food. Imagine getting your dessert just after you've heard we've won the league... Best pudding ever, can't ever be topped.
fuck heston. saw a youtube clip of hm once when he was jibbering on about how he devised a recipe.

it was a roast chicken. nothing fancy, nothing special, but the cunt apparently devised it

fuck heston. saw a youtube clip of hm once when he was jibbering on about how he devised a recipe.

it was a roast chicken. nothing fancy, nothing special, but the cunt apparently devised it
Presumably he served it with freeze-dried cat-shit flavoured ice-cream. That’ll be why.

In the past, buying a season ticket was a measure of one’s commitment, now it’s just a beach towel manoeuvre.

Good analogy and depressingly true.

I've been to every game so far and last night didn't recognize anyone around me - and lots of spares. Some chump in front of me was answering his work emails during the last 10 minutes.

I haven't used the exchange yet but it looks like you can only put your ticket up there for the face value of the game. If fans could put tickets up at a lower price there would be more take up for games like last night.

It should be automated so it starts at 100% and drops say 5% every day for a week before the game until they are all sold.

Good analogy and depressingly true.

I've been to every game so far and last night didn't recognize anyone around me - and lots of spares. Some chump in front of me was answering his work emails during the last 10 minutes.

Yep. Saw a guy on facebook the entire match too. :-(

Back
Top Bottom