New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So basically they want everyone who buys a ticket to pay the membership fee? Don't see why they don't release the available unsold season tickets to non members a week before the match or something.
There are over 150K members, the STs on the exchange will be purchased. If you want a ticket you'll need to be a member, certainly for this season and the beginning of next season.

There are over 150K members, the STs on the exchange will be purchased. If you want a ticket you'll need to be a member, certainly for this season and the beginning of next season.
Oh I thought I read loads of tickets were still available. Guess I won't be going this season then as they aren't selling memberships anymore. Only game I can go to is Everton so will see if I can get one outside the ground.

I like it.

Don't see why the away dressing room should look nice. Just a shame the toilets probably work.

Better than the away teams coming to Wembley and getting state of the art facilities.
I hear there's now a tray of lasagna in the away team changing room for each match.

All tickets are sold, the ones on the exchange are already paid for by ST holders, they are the ones offering to sell them not the club, the club have no tickets (well maybe a handful) to put on GS.

Any insight on the standing v's sitting debate. The Club must be aware of the conflict, curious what their thoughts are ?

Any insight on the standing v's sitting debate. The Club must be aware of the conflict, curious what their thoughts are ?

We talked about this over a beer, the club received a written "expression of concern" from UEFA after the Man City game where let's be honest everyone in the South stood for the entire 90 minutes. To comply with UEFA rules the entire stadium must be seated, however in areas with 'rails' even UEFA will overlook persistent standing as they have done for years in Germany.

In order to be seen to be taking action stewards will 'ask' fans to sit in non safe standing areas, you probably saw this at the Huddersfield game.

There have been a few incidents where ST holders have protested about other fans in front of them persistently standing, these fans have been spoken to and on one occasion a group were removed from the stadium ... nothing new here it used to happen at WHL as well.

There is little expectation of safe-standing coming in next year, Spurs have offered to act as a trial venue and whilst that may happen it's not high on the Government's agenda ... right now Labour back safe-standing the Tories have no set policy.

The conclusion is that it's a bit of a bugger's muddle, the club must be seen to be applying the rules, but how hard they do that will depend on pressure they get from the FLA and/or the Council. It should be noted that fans stand at every ground in the UK and as far as I know no club has ever had it's licence revoked because of said standing.

The conclusion is that it's a bit of a bugger's muddle, the club must be seen to be applying the rules, but how hard they do that will depend on pressure they get from the FLA and/or the Council. It should be noted that fans stand at every ground in the UK and as far as I know no club has ever had it's licence revoked because of said standing.

I reckon the Football Lads Alliance are in favour of standing.

The club have announced that the stadium will now open 2.5 hours before KO.

An opportunity to flog more booze before every match, assuming they don't run out of course. :levyeyes:

Just returned from my annual pilgrimage to the UK ... was lucky enough to see Palace, City, Huddersfield and City (a) twice ... feckin' brilliant, even our loss on Saturday was still a great performance. Was also very fortunate to spend almost an entire day at the stadium, it's all been said before but the awesomeness is beyond words, from the Sky Bar (not good if you don't like heights) all the way down to the car park, it's just five star stuff.

Got some great incite on the financials, we are years ahead of where we expected to be, income is already 30% above plan with a lot more still to come. The debt is going to be around 650m (depending on the summer activity, and commercial activity) which will then be restructured, the size will depend on naming rights (200m?) and other sponsorship deals (100m?) this will probably not now be completed before 2020. Although 650m sounds a lot for a business with a turnover that will be approaching 500m next season it's very manageable.

Also some news on transfers, the club will look to raise 130m in sales, apparently if the right offenders come along then almost half the squad are available, not that half will be sold that just depends on the money offered and who we can get in to replace them. For new signings there will be the money raised in sales plus 50-100m additional if the right players are available, there are targets ranging from top players down to teenagers, no names were revealed. It was also mentioned (this was before the City CL win) that any additional money from CL this season will go straight into the transfer kitty, next season's budget does not include CL but is based on 6 EL fixtures, anything else will be a bonus.

The 'members' list has increased to 135,000 however the club recognise that many of these are not waiting for ST's merely trying to get match-day tickets, even so that's a huge number. When season tickets were offered for NWHL just over 1 in 3 took up the option, so 18,500 tickets were sold having been made available to 55,000 on the 'list' ... this was almost exactly in line with expectations. There are some long and convoluted discussions taking place around Loyalty Points, the club are aware the current system seems unfair and are looking at changes, however a massive review was undertaken in 2016 prior to NWHL so don't expect a revolution maybe just some tweaks.

Finally I was fortunate enough to sit in the 1882 section for the Huddersfield game, the atmosphere and fan base was no different from my seat higher up against Palace the game before, the availability of free food, drink, programme etc, was great but even more handy was the use of a bar with no queues ... I managed several additional pints just by not having to queue up ... for me it would be worth paying the extra cash if you were lucky enough to have it, certainly the fans I met were all just die-hard Spurs fans who'd done well in life, no prawn-sandwich brigade.

Can't believe how great the whole 'going to football' as a day out has become, not just for the hospitality and tourist fans but also for the hard core foot soldiers ... Spurs have done everyone proud.

Worth putting into perspective that forecast of £500m turnover for next year :

1. Spurs turnover for year to June 2017 - the last year at WHL where we played CL matches at Wembley - was £ 310m. So if crudely we have £200m more turnover next season at NWHL and if interest and capital repayments are £40m to £50m pa then that gives us an extra £150m pa of which maybe £100m might need to be allocated to increasing wages up to Woolwich levels but we are also left £50m pa to spend on player purchases.

Of course there may be extra costs with extra revenues but if we are right that we will significantly exceed the revenue forecast, those extra costs might well be covered. And if the debt is converted to bonds there is no immediate capital repayments so interest only repayments might be £10m to £15m instead

Either way we look to be vastly better off than at WHL - worth recalling that the accounts to June 2016 turnover was £ 210m.....less than half the forecast for next year.

2. Swiss ramble figures for our main competitors for 2018 were :

Manu. £590m
Mancity £500m
Liverpool £445m
Woolwich and Chelsea with less.

So it looks like we could get to be on a level pegging with Liverpool and Mancity revenues and well ahead of Chelsea and Woolwich - the latter two have no current stadium plans which would add significantly to revenues whilst Livrpool stand redevelopments might boost revenues a tad but not that much.

So again our revenues are looking to put us in a very competitive position

Oh I thought I read loads of tickets were still available. Guess I won't be going this season then as they aren't selling memberships anymore. Only game I can go to is Everton so will see if I can get one outside the ground.

If you know a ST holder who isn't going to a game they can allocate their ticket to you via ticket exchange - you don't need a membership to receive the ticket.

Quite a few are, but the club don't care. They've got the money for those seats anyway regardless of whether the ST holder turns up or not. If they can sell the actual unsold seats to members (which they've done easily) then they'll keep it members only as an incentive to buy one for next time.

Worth putting into perspective that forecast of £500m turnover for next year :

1. Spurs turnover for year to June 2017 - the last year at WHL where we played CL matches at Wembley - was £ 310m. So if crudely we have £200m more turnover next season at NWHL and if interest and capital repayments are £40m to £50m pa then that gives us an extra £150m pa of which maybe £100m might need to be allocated to increasing wages up to Woolwich levels but we are also left £50m pa to spend on player purchases.

Of course there may be extra costs with extra revenues but if we are right that we will significantly exceed the revenue forecast, those extra costs might well be covered. And if the debt is converted to bonds there is no immediate capital repayments so interest only repayments might be £10m to £15m instead

Either way we look to be vastly better off than at WHL - worth recalling that the accounts to June 2016 turnover was £ 210m.....less than half the forecast for next year.

2. Swiss ramble figures for our main competitors for 2018 were :

Manu. £590m
Mancity £500m
Liverpool £445m
Woolwich and Chelsea with less.

So it looks like we could get to be on a level pegging with Liverpool and Mancity revenues and well ahead of Chelsea and Woolwich - the latter two have no current stadium plans which would add significantly to revenues whilst Livrpool stand redevelopments might boost revenues a tad but not that much.

So again our revenues are looking to put us in a very competitive position
£500M in revenue is quite a rosy outlook if you ask me. Feel free to bookmark this post and come back at me whenever next years financials are released in about 2 years. It just doesn't pass the sniff test, as all we've done since leaving WHL is build a stadium - there's been no new major commercial deals.

A stadium isn't going to boost revenue that much, that's simply illogical. If a £1Bn stadium were worth even £100M in annual revenue. Then you'd see every club in England lining up to knock down their gaff. Doesn't take a sharp dressed finance man from the city to see that investing a pound for a 10 pence increase in annual revenue is a pretty smart and safe maneuver.

Therefore, if the forecast comes good it will be driven by increased media income of which our competitors will receive a marginally larger slice. So the idea that we'll have vaulted into financial parity suddenly is a bit of a fantasy.

My prediction? We're on par with woolwich and chavs (without Roman dumping more rubles in), though ever so slightly behind. We're about £40M behind the dippers. And we're £150M+ behind United. City doesn't matter as their financials are just a masquerade anyway. We're closing the gap, but there's still a lot to be done.

Back
Top Bottom