New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There must be a fair few tickets sold but not attended for some reason because there weren’t 6 odd thousand seats available this morning when my mate bought his ticket.
They have sold too many season tickets. It is really as simple as that. I dont think price is an issue yet, it may become though. Saying that I saw about 30 korean flags last night so maybe they will just buy the tickets when that happens. Need to keep Son.

I haven't used the exchange yet but it looks like you can only put your ticket up there for the face value of the game. If fans could put tickets up at a lower price there would be more take up for games like last night.

I haven't used the exchange yet but it looks like you can only put your ticket up there for the face value of the game. If fans could put tickets up at a lower price there would be more take up for games like last night.
The club have already sold the seats if it’s owned by a ST, so the sad truth is the club don’t care if they turn up or not , but it’s still a good point and would make sense if the club let you sell it at less than face value as it doesn’t effect them either way, and if the seat is occupied chances are they will make more in food and drink sales, talking of which they sold out if neck oil again last night! :pochfacepalm:

yes club need to stop touts making the money, so in that way it works, I understand club wants the extra money from the one hotspur members, but maybe they could look at opening ticket exchange to those who are members 12 hrs before the match, (yes I'm looking at it from my point of view, as I can't justifiy £42 one hotspur membership for 1-2 home games a season)

it's a shame you can't hook up with a few season ticket holders here and get added to their network. You only need an online account for this and not a membership. Those member can than gift you tickets at which point if accepted you get a digital copy. You just need to transfer them the agreed fee for the ticket. It's how my family manage our S/T.

Age and family commitments will prevent 100% attendance but pretty much all my extended family are Spurs so sharing the ticket amongst us is how we will do it. Should never be an empty seat.

Posted this elsewhere but worth repeating ... of the 7,000 empty seats some 6,000 were ST holders who never put them on the exchange. There is simply nothing the club can do about that ...
I thought clubs were obliged to include those seats in their official attendance?
Sold seats and all that. I know other clubs do.

it's a shame you can't hook up with a few season ticket holders here and get added to their network. You only need an online account for this and not a membership. Those member can than gift you tickets at which point if accepted you get a digital copy. You just need to transfer them the agreed fee for the ticket. It's how my family manage our S/T.

Age and family commitments will prevent 100% attendance but pretty much all my extended family are Spurs so sharing the ticket amongst us is how we will do it. Should never be an empty seat.

I have been trying to 'forward a ticket to a friend' with a CRN number (not a member) for two days. Keep getting error messages. Tried doing it by desk top and mobile. No joy. Will ring the ticket office later.

I have been trying to 'forward a ticket to a friend' with a CRN number (not a member) for two days. Keep getting error messages. Tried doing it by desk top and mobile. No joy. Will ring the ticket office later.

We've done it 3/4 times successfully. Each occasion we have done the following:

1. New recipient created an online account (free, not membership)
2. Sent account No. to main ST account holder
3. Account number/new recipient added to ST network
4. ST holder gift ticket to new recipient
5. New recipient gets email with a link to accept or reject ticket
6. If accepted e-ticket comes through instantly

On one occasion from the States I messed the above process up (stage 6) when wifi dropped. I never received my e-ticket so had to call the ticket office and ask them to send it again (which they did). I was also informed it was visible on my account so I could visit the ticket office on match day to get a copy.

When tickets were easy to get hold of ST holders were the bedrock of our support. Now it’s the exact opposite. The club has sold too many and alienated the members who don’t appreciate being made to jump through hoops for other people’s scraps. I accept I’m in the minority, but I’d rather watch a game in the pub where I’m not being told to sit down, shut up, and paying £80 for the privilege.

In the past, buying a season ticket was a measure of one’s commitment, now it’s just a beach towel manoeuvre.

Last edited:
Average attendance in the last season WHL was whole was about 34,500
Lowest was 26,000.
Looking at our fixtures that season, in the league it only went below 35,000 once (against Villa, believe it was mid week - crowd 34,882)

Only our Europa League crowds were below that mark (and that 26,000 was an outlier, rest were 34kish), even our FA Cup and League Cup crowds were above 35k

Back
Top Bottom