Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not entirely convinced that Wanyama is back to his old self/will ever be, unfortunately. Would be great to be proven wrong, but I'm still thinking he's gone this summer.

His body language looked somewhat resigned in the post-match Sky interview, despite the great goal he scored for the opener. Could just be me reading too much into it though.

On a positive note, someone on twitter suggested that he's shed some weight, which may be by design to help his mobility/reduce stress on his knees. Could be interesting.

Probably needed today’s game and will improve more

I'm not usually a fan of Saturday lunchtime kick-offs...
But they don't half come into their own when you win...
You can ALMOST relax for the rest of the weekend, and let everyone ELSE sweat it out!!
:pochsmirk:

I'm not usually a fan of Saturday lunchtime kick-offs...
But they don't half come into their own when you win...
You can ALMOST relax for the rest of the weekend, and let everyone ELSE sweat it out!!
:pochsmirk:

The weekend is still young. :levywhoa:

Great pic from our old mucker bains...
D4CptSXW0AAUKsd.jpg:large

Friendly bunch of Yokels this Uddersfeeled lot.
:dembelelol:
sounds like you've met some already on the way in...?
Gotta say, fair play to them... walked along the High Road post match, with a couple of 'Terriers'... wished them well for next season.

They were thoroughly lovely and gracious in defeat... (unlike we'd have been had we lost!)

It's refreshing, and genuinely uplifting to share a love of football and a handshake with a pair of Yorkshire lads whom I've never met, and am unlikely to ever see again... without fear of being chased down an alleyway, or cracked over the head.

...and you've gotta hand it to the Huddersfield fans... they've had a shit season, and I wouldn't have blamed them for being bitter, or taking it out on the nearest 'swaggering' Cockney they saw afterwards... but they were gracious, polite, and dare I say, better behaved than WE'D have been if Spurs had just been relegated!
(Although there's a VAST difference of expectations, I realise!!)

We'd rightly be pissed off if we'd just had the season Huddersfield have had!

In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have given them the finger and screamed; "We'll never play you again.... LOSERS!"

I didn't do this btw!

Last edited:
Gotta say, fair play to them... walked along the High Road with a couple of 'Terriers'... wished them well for next season.
They were thoroughly polite and gracious in defeat... (unlike we'd have been had we lost!)

It's refreshing, and genuinely uplifting to share a love of football and a handshake with a pair of Yorkshire lads whom I've never met, and am unlikely to ever see again... without fear of being chased down an alleyway, or cracked over the head.

Fair play to the Huddersfield fans... they've had a shit season, and I wouldn't have blamed them for being bitter, or taking it out on the nearest 'swaggering' Cockney they saw... but they were gracious, polite, and dare I say, better behaved than WE'D have been if Spurs had just been relegated!

(Although there's a VAST difference of expectations, I realise!!
We'd rightly be pissed off if we'd just had the season Huddersfield have had!)

In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have given them the finger and screamed; "We'll never play you again.... LOSERS!"

I didn't do this btw!

Ditto my walk back to Tott Hale. Top bods! :)

I know they give us the runaround sometimes... and for many, it's a "Love/Hate" relationship...
But on gloriously sunny days like today, taking into account the result, the feel good factor, and "Mini-Moura's pitch invasion" (with a BLATANT HANDBALL at the end,) you GOTTA love Tottenham Hotspur!

Last edited:
Lucas Moura is a scorer
And a well known on-baller
He races well across the pitch
Giving the opposition the bird
And shouting "life's a bitch"

I know Huddersfield were utter shite but Wanyama was a massive positive today. 63/77 passes (most of anyone ahead of the back3), 4 tackles (joint most of anyone), scored a cracking goal too.

If that was Sissoko this place would be full of cultists sucking each other into a frenzy.

Very poor opposition but the best 90 big Vic’s had for a very long time. Be nice to see him get some games now if he can stay fit, next to Winks, could be a nice balance.

Last edited:
I know Huddersfield were utter shite but Wanyama was a massive positive today. 63/77 passes (most of anyone ahead of the back3), 4 tackles (joint most of anyone), scored a cracking goal too.

If that was Sissoko this place would be full of cultists sucking each other into a frenzy.

Very poor opposition but the best 90 big Vic’s had for a very long time. Be nice to see him get some games now if he can stay fit, next the Winks, could be a nice balance.

On the flipside, goal aside, you'd have cunted MS off for s similar performance.

WHL singing his name loud and proud yet not one match passes without you having a dig.

State of your 'support'.

Back
Top Bottom