Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back home and have just watched the 2nd half again on BT Sport... thank God I didn’t have to listen to them live. Clueless muppets.

A fantastic second half performance and great to see Verts getting the chance to show off his attacking credentials more. The team was purposeful, focused, controlled, and patient in waiting for moments to try and score - just spot on for CL.

Sissoko was a beast but everyone played a role in the win. Hugo’s save first half was crucial.

Dortmund sang all match but it was the same boring choreographed drone with crap drummers. I’d go mental playing in front of that shambles every week. Wankers. No wonder that BVB fan was looking for a ticket in our end. Wanker too.

Nice to see Wembley full with a decent atmosphere in the end!
The worst thing about last night was the fucking drone of the Dortmund supporters. No proper songs or chants, just a headache inducing 90 minute monotonous earache with added drums and megaphone. This approach to 'atmosphere' seems to be popular across Europe. Get some fucking songs, you muppets!

Last edited:
The worst thing about last night was the fucking drone of the Dortmund supporters. No proper songs or chants, just a headache inducing 90 minute monotonous earache with added drums and megaphone. This approach to 'atmosphere' seems to be popular across Europe. Give me proper chants and songs any day.

I can't stand it mate. They think they are producing 'atmosphere' but after a while it becomes an annoying background noise.
Why would Spurs allow the away fans to bring several drums into the ground which makes it harder for the home support to generate atmosphere? Defeats the object surely.

I can't stand it mate. They think they are producing 'atmosphere' but after a while it becomes an annoying background noise.
Why would Spurs allow the away fans to bring several drums into the ground which makes it harder for the home support to generate atmosphere? Defeats the object surely.
As has been mentioned previously in this thread, the way away fans are handled in England compared to how we get treated abroad is a joke - nothing is too much trouble when accommodating the visiting supporters at Wembley yet Spurs travelling army are generally treated with heavy-handed, disdain contempt.

Funnily enough, my awareness of their racket seemed to diminish greatly the longer the match went on, particularly the last 10 minutes, lol!

I haven’t been on here for a while. My son has been in and out of hospital for scans and tests. But for 90 minutes last night, every worry was gone whilst this amazing team blew me away with an incredible performance.

Have to say I thought our fans were immense - block 131 was definitely rocking the whole game. The "shelf side" took a while to get going but they got there in the end. Definitely one of the best atmospheres I can remember at Wembley.

I haven’t been on here for a while. My son has been in and out of hospital for scans and tests. But for 90 minutes last night, every worry was gone whilst this amazing team blew me away with an incredible performance.
Glad to hear that Spurs managed to give you an hour and half of pure enjoyment in this troubling time for you and your family. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son.

I thought the Dortmund fans were amazing. When I first got to my seat I was like OMG. Feel privileged to have seen them.

Awesome match.
Awesome atmosphere.

COYS

I like the way they pack the stand out an hour before kick off - proper old school reminds me of the 70;s when come 2 pm on a Saturday the terraces would be heaving which helped create the atmosphere its a bit different these days!

I thought the Dortmund fans were amazing. When I first got to my seat I was like OMG. Feel privileged to have seen them.

Awesome match.
Awesome atmosphere.

COYS

No mate.

As others have said, it was just a continuous drone of bollocks.
No song related to the club or players just an annoying noise.

Come up with something original for a change.

Would comment on what they were like when they score. —- but I can’t :dembelelol:

I've got many issues with the myth that surrounds Dortmund supporters:

1st: The songs - actually this is something that I'll level at all German clubs - they are monotonous. All the other clubs sing exactly the same songs, but just exchange the letters of their club.
2nd: A large number of glory hunters who think they are better than the glory hunters who support Bayern.
3rd: Very large percentage of right wing support which is always plastered over because they are such a "loveable" club
4th: Of course they'll have a large travelling support to a great city such as London. Dortmund is a shithole, I'd want to get out of there at every opportunity I would have as well.

Back
Top Bottom