Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3-0 is the perfect result. Congratulations!!

exp14.jpg

Yeah the choreographed singing is bollocks, showed it up close on the box, 2 drummers, tit with a megaphone and they just drone on and on, not reacting to what's happening on the pitch at all....true spectator interaction it isn't because the team performance isn't in sync with the fans. Will show em how it's done on March 5th...
Was 4 drummers and 1 megaphone. Last year just 3 drummers.

Megaphone guy sounded like the Nuremberg rally. Creepy.

Was surrounded by German accents in the stands too, but at least most of them cheered when we scored. 1 fucker though was walking around the concourse with a BVB scarf. Security guy was too concerned that somebody was having a smoke.

When it was 1 - 0 and we had them under the cosh I was thinking we need another the press home the advantage.

Point being I felt the same after the equalizer in Turin last year. That it would be unlikely we would dominate Juventus again in the 2nd leg like we did in that 2nd half at theirs and that we should go for the 3rd.

I think last night shows once again how the team is learning and progressing year by year as we did just that.

It's actually astonishing how the club has been moulded in the last 5 years. Poch is right, we're close to being up there with the best in Europe (I'd say we're the tier below the true big boys, but can put in a shift against them e.g. v Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus).

What a wonderful night that was.

I don't know what minor details Poch changed at half time but what a genius he is. No pundit can tell as they were so minor but it totally changed the game.

I feel that the second half was the best we have played in weeks. Jan offered a balance our full backs have been lacking for months and Aurier held his own. Sissoko has made us all eat our words a million times over and Winks I think is the most underrated player in the premier league. Here you have an english kid who loves having the ball , no matter how tight a space and always always offers an option. Seriously he is getting nowhere near the credit he deserves.

Being a Spurs fan though I still can't relax about the second leg.

Serious question. How were the Dortmund fans allowed in with those big fuck off flags yet the home fans are only allowed to take in the something that fits into a lunchbox?

Surprisingly in Germany it's all highly organised. The flags and megaphones above a certain size are all registered with the clubs, the people carrying them are registered and there's some kind of fan liason officer who takes care of all of that stuff. So I suppose they then get in touch with Spurs and get special dispensation for this.

Surprisingly in Germany it's all highly organised. The flags and megaphones above a certain size are all registered with the clubs, the people carrying them are registered and there's some kind of fan liason officer who takes care of all of that stuff. So I suppose they then get in touch with Spurs and get special dispensation for this.

We definitely need some kind of structure in place if the current policy of nothing bigger than the size of a Razzle Magazine is allowed continues back at the new gaff.

Also did they have drums? If so why the fuck aren't we allowed the old boy that had his drum with him? Key part to the atmosphere that was

Last time we played Dortmund our fans got pepper sprayed for queuing to get in to watch the game......similar level of hospitality

they ought to be fucking registered.....

I think it works like this in most leagues were big tifos are common. It's a very organized operation between both the club and the fanbase.

I don't think there's any rule in England that we cannot do something similar. But the club would have to agree to it.

Tired of hearing how Dortmund fans are "amazing" - choreographed, never-ending megaphone chants and big flags with no resemblance to what's actually happening on the pitch. Might as well be locked in some sort of community centre. I imagine if they'd have scored no fucker would have noticed and even if they did realise there would have been absolutely no difference in noise.

As a side but kind of related - a bit annoyed at the constant cup throwing last night between the fans. Police and stewards seem to think it's too trivial. I'm putting this down to football becoming more middle class now with a load of cunts who think they are at V festival.

Further, it was one of the best displays I have ever seen from Tottenham and the atmosphere was fucking brilliant.

That 2nd half was the best performance i have seen in a while.Thoroughly enjoyable.First half they were the better team, but the only clear cut chances they had i can recall was from typical spurs balls ups.I would have gladly taken 0-0 at half time :)

Back
Top Bottom