Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I absolutely do not believe for one second we needed heavy investment to win the Carabou Cup.
And neither do you, so drop the pathetic act.

You just said Poch made poor selections
I think had we invested in the squad during the summer we would have had better options to cover our injury list and better options for squad rotation.
(Our injury list may not have even been as cutting, who knows?)
IMO that would have given us a higher chance to overcome Chelsea and Palace.
So it's not some pathetic act, like you suggest.
I've been nothing if not consistent in calling out the board for not spending on the squad.

Yes which is why I originally said we shouldn’t be snobs to trophies like the FA cup??? Then you started this random conversation and made no points at all then did a full circle and somehow ended up agreeing with my main point... the fuck lol

Wake up to the fact that it wasn't "fan snobbery" that mugged the domestic cups off then.

Between the EPL, the FA, & the likes of Man U starting a trend of resting players you might find a more appropriate target for your angst.

I think had we invested in the squad during the summer we would have had better options to cover our injury list and better options for squad rotation.
(Our injury list may not have even been as cutting, who knows?)
IMO that would have given us a higher chance to overcome Chelsea and Palace.
So it's not some pathetic act, like you suggest.
I've been nothing if not consistent in calling out the board for not spending on the squad.
What about the 110M we invested the summer before and lost to West Ham in the Carabou and pussied out in the FA semi against Utd?
A team we comfortably battered weeks earlier.

Last edited:
I'll take 3rd in league please.
Focusing on cups is pretty crazy. Even a full strength team can easily get knocked out of a cup... Then your season would be really shit

So your saying we should be happy with finishing top 4 every season, that what Woolwich use to do and look how it ended for them at lest they got a game cup here and there

We need to win something end off

What about the 110M we invested the summer before and lost to West Ham in the Carabou and pussied our in the FA semi against Utd?
A team we comfortably battered weeks earlier.
What about it?
Our net investment is fuck all and it's corresponded with our longest trophy drought since the war!

I think the two things correlate but you clearly don't .

That's fine. But a hell of a lot of people disagree with you

There is only one thing that binds us lot together and that's the club, our opinions vary from the absurd to the delusional but that's the beauty of being a footy fan.

Lets get some facts straight...

The aim of finishing the top 4 had nothing to do with the result today.
The aim of finishing in the top 4 should be valued the same as winning a cup. The club is for the fans, and we want to win something, regardless of the board or the manager, our wishes should be taken into account.

Some are saying we need to be patient, we have been for god knows how long, false dawn after false dawn, yes I will wait, I will follow in the dream that Poch has a master plan, my concern is either he, the players, the owner gets bored and moves on and then it starts again.... at that point we can look back, we could say, if only we finished 5 or 6 for those years and won a couple of cups.

I have my fingers crossed that we are at a point in our clubs future similar to Man U, when Fergie nearly got sacked and yet they went on to dominate, I can dream at least.

Any club rated the 10 richest in world footy really should be achieving much more.
"The club is for the fans, and we want to win something, regardless of the board or the manager, our wishes should be taken into account."
Entitled or what?
George Graham won a trophy, and for the 38 league games the football was fucking dreadful. 0-0 against Charlton or whoever with Stephen Clemence in midfield wasn't taking my wishes into account that's for sure.
The way we play, the young players we develop, the stadium, games against Barcelona and Real Madrid ... all that is much closer to taking my wishes into account. If we win trophies on top of that then great.

And all that amazing money still resulted in zero signings. At least the FA Cup is a fucking achievement. You are missing the point of a football club.

It's not about there money but when you lump nearly £1bn of risk against the football club ensuring that the club is safe, secure and that it's future is preserved with an approach focused towards paying off its debts as quickly as possible whilst staying competitive money is the most important thing.

People need to be patient, they need more empathy when it comes to the delicate circumstances the club had put itself in in order to grow. It's not every day we build a new stadium, the strain is the here and now so we don't have to feel the pinch in the future. The extra cost of the build based on its delays, the money paid to use Wembley, the unforeseen refunds etc do people genuinely not think these things cost the club and won't be costs incurred forever?

Like it or not money is what matters to the club at the moment. Not because of greed but based on the necessity of it to keep the club healthy until it's paid off.

Honestly some of you sound like a bird who's just had the holiday of their lifetime yet come back and demand why they aren't getting wined and dined all the time. You pay for something big and precious, you need to be more understanding when there is a temporary squeeze. So many brats seem to support our club and few see, to understand the level of debt we have taken on to become a big player. In short you all sound like a bunch of fucking Woolwich fans. Hold tight, the club has to go through this spell if you don't like it I suggest you find another club

The team is built around Kane’s unique skillet - very few players can do what Kane does (scoring, passing, hold up play, and so on). Almost anyone else coming in is going to look shit because they aren’t Kane and it disrupts he the team attacks because of it. May as well buy a young up and coming talent or just have youth players on the bench.

You may be right... Bit wide of the mark of the post I was responding too though (read again should you care).

Aside from the eternal discontents, most (here at least) were rather pleased with the acquisition of Llorente at the time.

Enter hindsight.

Not the point I'm making mate. Im saying that Pochettino clearly knows there is quality out there he can use to make the squad better but won't pull his or the clubs pants down to secure them. I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just reassuring the previous poster that Pochettino isn't as happy at Larry with how the overall squad is shaped up in depth and quality at the moment etc

I agree mate as the time when we was in for him this has back fired on levy pissing about what over 5 million to take the kid, as soon as we signed him his price would of went up anyway

Just don’t understand levy sometimes past 3 seasons in the window never ever pushed on

We can’t play Kane every game we all knew this would happen at one stage and it has

Poch please go to Man Utd maybe this is the kick in the back side levy needs

Back
Top Bottom