Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The most important thing for Tottenham now is to always be in the top four

There we have it, from the horses mouth so to speak.
We now know, if we didn't already, Poch's remit and the ethos of the club's owners

Money and profit first, Trophies and titles a distant second.

#doingittherightway
Wanna hear the sammyspurs sammyspurs edit though

Also known as THE REMIX

I won't argue, but I'll cut him some slack for making somewhat of a silk purse out of a sow's ear with the central midfielders he has had at his disposal.

We've been shut out of luck with injuries this year and during his reign for that matter. I think it was Totti Totti who posted a picture of the best team he's had during his spell with us and how we have only been able to field it 2 times due to injures, suspensions etc. The one that beat Chelsea 2-0 with those two Dele headers if I recall correctly.

Dembele & Wanyama were our strongest, the guts get ripped out of any team and they'll suffer. I agree with what you're saying but ultimately to tally up 250 unnecessary minutes for two key players over a bust period when those games are in the bag is a bit foolish

The most important thing for Tottenham now is to always be in the top four

There we have it, from the horses mouth so to speak.
We now know, if we didn't already, Poch's remit and the ethos of the club's owners

Money and profit first, Trophies and titles a distant second.

#doingittherightway
Those are shocking quotes, really.

Really, fuck that

Oh and another thing Mau, enough already with the "Tottenham's success was all in black-and-white" shit

Jack Grealish is injured.

Not the point I'm making mate. Im saying that Pochettino clearly knows there is quality out there he can use to make the squad better but won't pull his or the clubs pants down to secure them. I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just reassuring the previous poster that Pochettino isn't as happy at Larry with how the overall squad is shaped up in depth and quality at the moment etc

Dembele & Wanyama were our strongest, the guts get ripped out of any team and they'll suffer. I agree with what you're saying but ultimately to tally up 250 unnecessary minutes for two key players over a bust period when those games are in the bag is a bit foolish
That 11 was alchemy. A central midfield that was amazingly uncreative and yet we were quite brilliant to watch.

Not the point I'm making mate. Im saying that Pochettino clearly knows there is quality out there he can use to make the squad better but won't pull his or the clubs pants down to secure them. I'm not saying we should sign him,moist reassuring the previous poster that Pochettino isn't as happy at Larry with how the overall squad is shaped up in depth and quality at the moment etc
That's hairy muff.

As annoyed as I was with the line up, the players out there should've done a hell of a lot better and they let the manager down today. KWP absolute brainfart, Sanchez weak in the tackle, GKN that double miss summed him up, and as for Trippier...
Has been a real slog this past couple of weeks

I reckon Arc has dished out over 200 disagrees this weekend. Given me a 100 alone.

looks-into-the-camera-like-im-on-the-office-gif.gif

Not sure what this is about.
I said it is a false choice between winning cups and finishing top 4, they are not either/or. Even if you are finishing 5th and 6th all the time you are not going to be winning cups.
Obviously City being so good is connected to their spend, but I can't see it has much affect on us. We are not going to be spending at that level unless we are bought by Saudi Arabia or something.
I don't understand people saying teams like city spending lots is a waste of time BUT when they finish above us they then say it's because they spent a lot.

We've been shut out of luck with injuries this year and during his reign for that matter. I think it was Totti Totti who posted a picture of the best team he's had during his spell with us and how we have only been able to field it 2 times due to injures, suspensions etc. The one that beat Chelsea 2-0 with those two Dele headers if I recall correctly.

Dtj14kAXQAAc4TU.jpg

The game at home to West Brom was our best performance under Pochettino.

Those are shocking quotes, really.

Really, fuck that

Oh and another thing Mau, enough already with the "Tottenham's success was all in black-and-white" shit

Rubbish, he is saying that AFTER the game. We have fielded strong teams in both games. We were beaten by chelsea and 3 days later by a team with fresh legs. Very unlucky spell especially with the injuries.

I don't understand people saying teams like city spending lots is a waste of time BUT when they finish above us they then say it's because they spent a lot.
I also find it bizarre Poch seems to think finishing Top 4 and winning a domestic cup are somehow mutually exclusive

Back
Top Bottom