January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Somebody is getting a bargain.

2pts better than Herrera I see, needs to improve his shooting

profile:mag-max-1280x722

Fuck Zlatan. A guy who would slow down our play to a snail’s pace and expect us to worship him thinking he’s bigger than our whole club? Fuck that

You often hear about those sort of clause, but I don’t think they’re ever true. It would be illegal to place that sort of crontractual limitation on an individual. Moreover, it’s unnecessary. A club don’t have to sell to another club if they don’t want to, so why bother with a pointless clause?

I think they get invented to ruffle feathers.
its exactly right - there was no clause just city refusing to sell to an English club but open to Dortmund. In hindsight we should have leveraged the Walker transfer.

Fingers crossed, we're negotiating a pay as you play for Rossi.

So, a free transfer.
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has dismissed talk of the 31-year-old moving to Spurs.

"There are many names that appear in every transfer window," Pochettino said.

"He is another name to add to the list. It is a rumour and we are not considering him."

From the BBC live updates just now.

Zlatan is the kind of guy that would arrive and say “I hope tottenham and the boys are ready for me. They know I won more trophies than the club and all players combined. You’ve gotta keep up the pressure with with the lion” or some bullshit like that. Pass.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has dismissed talk of the 31-year-old moving to Spurs.
"There are many names that appear in every transfer window," Pochettino said.
"He is another name to add to the list. It is a rumour and we are not considering him."
From the BBC live updates just now.

Damn right. A 6 month contract, for a 12 month project to build up fitness and integrate like with Lucas, but with brittle reliability.
Someone had the idea to speculate that if Samir Nasri can make a comeback, so can anyone. We are not after joke deals a-la the Spammers.

271 pages, not bad. We all know we're not buying anyone right?

Until stadium is done and signed off we can't spend any money.

Just hope that doesn't prevent new contracts for what we have.

Back
Top Bottom