January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to the independent we are also keeping our eyes on Antonio Sanabria at Betis. 8 goals last season in La Liga and 5 in all comps so far this season. 22 years old.

Maybe Bill Madrid Bill Madrid has seen a game or two. Betis plays some good football these days as well. Would assume he would be seen as a Llorente replacement and understudy to Harry

According to the independent we are also keeping our eyes on Antonio Sanabria at Betis. 8 goals last season in La Liga and 5 in all comps so far this season. 22 years old.

Maybe Bill Madrid Bill Madrid has seen a game or two. Betis plays some good football these days as well. Would assume he would be seen as a Llorente replacement and understudy to Harry
Their midfield is very decent. Got lo Celso and Carvalho I think in there. Not surprised they play nice football at the moment with those two controlling things

And you would like to think Sessegnon and Grealish would do similar if we made bids to their clubs.

Partly up to us but also down to the players and their representatives.
I think Grealish was worth a punt when they needed to sell to pay their tax bill, it was always a punt but now he is his market value (~£30M+) we have no interest. Sessegnon was always overpriced, unfortunately he signed a new deal and their owners have "fuck you " money.

I heard somewhere City included a clause in his contract that he couldn't sign for another English club if he left before a professional deal was signed. Whether that's true I don't know.

But I give him all the respect for actually going out and finding first team football, moving abroad and earning his spot. Look at Loftus-Cheek now.. Signed a new big deal because he saw £££ signs, now can't get a game but priced himself out of a move with the contract he has. He would unreal at Spurs, especially in Dembele's role.
"I heard somewhere City included a clause in his contract that he couldn't sign for another English club if he left before a professional deal was signed. Whether that's true I don't know. "

?? that seems counter intuitive they couldn't have a clause in his contract before he was able to sign a contract, youth contracts are quite vanilla and I doubt very much any clause is possible.

You’re having a mare here.
Eriksen strengthened us “immeasurably” - your exact word.

If all the others were shit & shipped off by now, Eriksen still strengthened us “immeasurably”.

And you follow it up by saying we shouldn’t spend this window.
FML
: ostrich:

OK focus on one word 'immeasurably' and use it for justification for all the other duds that came as part of the Bale money.

The 'did we spend the Bale money well' question has been done to death over the years. You think we did (because we picked up Eriksen). I think we didn't because of the other signings.

Seriously we're saying Chadli, Chiriches and co were good signings? A lot of the subsequent posts in this thread are the 'let's persuade ourselves' that they were good signings "because they had a some good moments".

They weren't and they didn't.

Let's agree to disagree.

Can't add anything to what others have said, I have a Betis-supporting mate tho, I'll ask him.

Bobby Soldado will always be loved by Spurs fans as he always gave his all, just unfortunately couldn't get to grips with the English game. I consider it the curse of the number 9 shirt.. Pavlyuchenko, Soldado and now Janssen.. Although Pav was ok, never really set the world alight.

OK he was 'cursed' . Remember Fiorentina? Obviously the voodoo got to him.

Stop deluding yourself. He was hopeless and is not missed.

Bobby Soldado will always be loved by Spurs fans as he always gave his all, just unfortunately couldn't get to grips with the English game. I consider it the curse of the number 9 shirt.. Pavlyuchenko, Soldado and now Janssen.. Although Pav was ok, never really set the world alight.

Not by me he won't he was fucking shit.

I heard somewhere City included a clause in his contract that he couldn't sign for another English club if he left before a professional deal was signed. Whether that's true I don't know.

But I give him all the respect for actually going out and finding first team football, moving abroad and earning his spot. Look at Loftus-Cheek now.. Signed a new big deal because he saw £££ signs, now can't get a game but priced himself out of a move with the contract he has. He would unreal at Spurs, especially in Dembele's role.

You often hear about those sort of clause, but I don’t think they’re ever true. It would be illegal to place that sort of crontractual limitation on an individual. Moreover, it’s unnecessary. A club don’t have to sell to another club if they don’t want to, so why bother with a pointless clause?

I think they get invented to ruffle feathers.

With Lord Zlatan this season.

Imagine if this team had half the confidence and self belief of Zlatan, bye bye botttling.

He could be our Cantona.

I think there is no doubt we would be a stronger unit with such a character.

Not entirely sure Pochettino would ever buy or be inclined to want to work with this type though.

A mistake in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom