January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting with our reported hunt for attacking options. I'll just repeat myself and say we need numbers in midfield. Learning that Porto have offered £14m + Chancel Mbemba for Olivier Ntcham, I really think we should hijack that deal. At 22 years of age, homegrown and with no real weaknesses he could be a Poch project. Celtic fans won't mind moving him on because of a poor performance last time up against Rangers. When coming to midfield I'd pick him over Dier any day. I'd say go!

OK focus on one word 'immeasurably' and use it for justification for all the other duds that came as part of the Bale money.

The 'did we spend the Bale money well' question has been done to death over the years. You think we did (because we picked up Eriksen). I think we didn't because of the other signings.

Seriously we're saying Chadli, Chiriches and co were good signings? A lot of the subsequent posts in this thread are the 'let's persuade ourselves' that they were good signings "because they had a some good moments".

They weren't and they didn't.

Let's agree to disagree.
We can agree to disagree. You said Eriksen improved us immeasurably mate.
I agree with that totally. We are the team we are todaybecause of selling Bale. He was a wonderful player no doubt. But since he went, we have gone from strength to strength. No longer is it a great season to get top 4. It’s expected now. We were too reliant on him. Now it takes a number of injuries to get us worried.

I know what you mean but so far it's only been one full window without a signing! I was pretty excited about the Moura transfer the window before.

That said, no signings this window too and I'll be right with you.

I just looked it up and surprised myself that it had only been a year! Feels like an eternity...

I've genuinely forgotten what an exciting transfer feels like

I think Levy and Pochettino have forgotten the impetus it can also provide

We have a really good manager, quality players and a super stadium soon to move into but there are also moments when a club needs to recognise that it needs a lift on and off the pitch.

This is one such time.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous, we're crying out for a player like Weigl now Dembele is gone!

There must be a reason why they would let him go for that price. And also must be a reason why he's only played 559 minutes of first team football this season. 120 of which came in the cup match against Union Berlin.

There must be a reason why they would let him go for that price. And also must be a reason why he's only played 559 minutes of first team football this season. 120 of which came in the cup match against Union Berlin.

I think he’s had 2 surgeries on his ankle. Perhaps a bit broken?

Back
Top Bottom