January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was teaching in China when we signed Bobby Zamora, the Chinese kids had trouble saying my name so I got them to call me Bobby... I was so excited by the transfer.

I remember thinking that Gio Dos Santos was the missing piece in the puzzle that would Bring Back that Double Feeling as the old song went. The barman in my local told me he was an utterly useless, lazy waste of space, I was amazed at his negativity.

Perucho, theres a billion to one chance that you're reading this, but in any event, I'm deeply sorry for doubting your word

The last signing I got truly excited about was Eriksen, just because I knew he would reach the very top like he has.
I was very excited about the signing of Alderweireld as well, not too long after he arrived at Southampton I knew that he could easily become the best defender in the league and he was for a couple of seasons, still one the best centre-backs in the league.

I remember thinking that Gio Dos Santos was the missing piece in the puzzle that would Bring Back that Double Feeling as the old song went. The barman in my local told me he was an utterly useless, lazy waste of space, I was amazed at his negativity.

Perucho, theres a billion to one chance that you're reading this, but in any event, I'm deeply sorry for doubting your word

Played better for Mexico than he did for us, which isn't saying much.

I was definitely excited by the likes of Soldado and Paulinho. I remember how good both looked on their debut for us at the Lane, which I think was a pre-season friendly against... Espanyol?

I have learned to not get excited by signings ever again.

The Brazilian Lampard, how could you not get excited? :pochsmirk:

I wanted him to be soooooo good.

I even had hope when Pochettino took over but it just wasn't to be. I will always have the early memories when he was MOTM in his first two Premier League games against Palace and Swansea and then that back heel goal against Cardiff.

Who would have thought that's when he would peak?

Same. I thought he was going to turn into Messi. I was at the Lane when he scored an absolute beauty in the UEFA Cup - pinged it into the top left (iirc).

Overall though, he was a bit pants.

Back
Top Bottom