Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Fernando is more than capable of stepping up. Good luck to the bloke and let's hope he scores and sticks two fingers up to everyone who thinks our season is over.
Trouble is, you just know that if he fails to score first time out this thread will be full of the usual over-the-top slagging. Give the guy the same fan support that Sissoko gets (no doubting this if he appears away from Wembley) and he'll respond in a similar fashion.

Trouble is, you just know that if he fails to score first time out this thread will be full of the usual over-the-top slagging. Give the guy the same fan support that Sissoko gets (no doubting this if he appears away from Wembley) and he'll respond in a similar fashion.

Not true. I've seen plenty of supporters blindly love Soldado or Janssen before a ball was kicked as if they were the second Berbatov.

Yes, give him a chance, remain open-minded, but recognise Llorente has limitations. No need to go overboard.

He is, for example, capable of turning up against Chelsea in the Cup but, like Gazzaniga, it will be a step-up and should be viewed as such.

Sissoko earned his cult status.

Not true. I've seen plenty of supporters blindly love Soldado or Janssen before a ball was kicked as if they were the second Berbatov.

Yes, give him a chance, remain open-minded, but recognise Llorente has limitations. No need to go overboard.

He is, for example, capable of turning up against Chelsea in the Cup but, like Gazzaniga, it will be a step-up and should be viewed as such.

A step up for a guy who's won 3 Serie A titles, Europa League Cup, a World Cup and a European Championship. There's no comparing a player brought in as a major signing who would naturally have instant support (Soldado and Jansesen) with what is a back-up striker role (Llorente). I acknowledge that he's not received the kind of abuse that Sissoko did before his recent resurrection, but the general view appears to be that he's too old/slow/uncoordinated or all of the previous. He never was fast or super technical, but play to his strengths - as his previous employers did - and you will get the best from his 'limited' abilities, just as we have with Sissoko.

A step up for a guy who's won 3 Serie A titles, Europa League Cup, a World Cup and a European Championship. There's no comparing a player brought in as a major signing who would naturally have instant support (Soldado and Jansesen) with what is a back-up striker role (Llorente). I acknowledge that he's not received the kind of abuse that Sissoko did before his recent resurrection, but the general view appears to be that he's too old/slow/uncoordinated or all of the previous. He never was fast or super technical, but play to his strengths - as his previous employers did - and you will get the best from his 'limited' abilities, just as we have with Sissoko.

I agree with that. All I am saying is, Sissoko gradually gained more support. Whereas the likes of Holtby had abundance of support from day one and failed.

So giving Llorente a current Sissoko level of support doesn't do him any favours. By the way, it is true he is old, slow, and uncoordinated. Sissoko was uncoordinated as well.

Yes, play to his strengths, give him time if he fails against Fulham, but I don't expect the next Sissoko until it happens that he does step up.

Top level English football is a step up for any striker. Soldado won La Liga. Morata won it all.

Cult status? Fucking lol. Love the guy and his improvements but cult status? Lmfao

I agree with that. All I am saying is, Sissoko gradually gained more support. Whereas the likes of Holtby had abundance of support from day one and failed.

So giving Llorente a current Sissoko level of support doesn't do him any favours. By the way, it is true he is old, slow, and uncoordinated. Sissoko was uncoordinated as well.

Yes, play to his strengths, give him time if he fails against Fulham, but I don't expect the next Sissoko until it happens that he does step up.

Top level English football is a step up for any striker. Soldado won La Liga. Morata won it all.

I think we agree that given the opportunity and time to adjust to the team (and the team to him, for 90 minutes), he could be an adequate 2nd striker. The difference between Soldado and Llorente is that we've already seen the huge impact the latter had with Swansea, in the Premier League. The only way that he can 'step-up' is, as Sissoko has shown, is being given game time.

Evening Standard says that the manager has no confidence in him and will start with Lamela, Lucas (if fit) or Dele as a false 9 against Fulham.

The rest of the team is Lloris and anyone else who is fit.

Evening Standard says that the manager has no confidence in him and will start with Lamela, Lucas (if fit) or Dele as a false 9 against Fulham.

Is there a sign outside Wembley that says “Honk if you fancy a game?”

My name is Fernado Llorente
I’m aged around 30
I going to score goals like Harry...…Kane!
When I walk down the street
All the people I meet
They say, Hey! Gorgeous! What's your name?
Like it... and we need a song for him...
So I'll see yours... and raise ya:

"My name is Fernado Llorente
I used to score twenty,
And play for the best team around.... Tottenham!
When I walk down the street
All the people I meet
They say, Hey! Gorgeous! What's your name?

If there’s a PL game to start Llorente, it’s against Fulham. If Poch doesn’t start him on the weekend, what’s the point of having him on the squad?

If there’s a PL game to start Llorente, it’s against Fulham. If Poch doesn’t start him on the weekend, what’s the point of having him on the squad?

Rather we played him vs Chavs in the cup tbh...

The outball he can provide may prove crucial.... Meanwhile Fulham will sit back anyway, so may as role with a false 9 system....

Back
Top Bottom