Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Chavski hadn't dawdled he'd have been their first choice striker for the past year, seeing how Morata's been rubbish since his first 10-15 games. Hate to think how many he'd have scored for them by now. Took him about 2 mins to create the assist for the Harry goal v PSV which kick started our CL. Played very well in a front 2 with Kane at Bernabeu last season.

Great skill and technique to get Skipp's through ball on the run, neat finish too. A lot of strikers would have made a ricket and trodden on the ball, fallen on their arse etc.

We really don't give him enough playing time. And when we do, we don't ping enough crosses in, he's very good in the air. I'd be really annoyed to lose him, hard to see how we could improve on him. And we're losing Sonny for a few matches too.

He's only ever started 1 game for us in the Premier League.

Scored that day too.

I really don’t understand why Poch didn’t trust him more. He had a great track record, played well for Swansea and we had the players who could provide him with good crosses.

I’m kinda saddened it didn’t work out between us and Llorente, it should have been so much better.

Here are his updated stats for us since he signed:

1260 minutes played (Equivalent to about 14 games)
9 goals
2 assists

Those are pretty good stats. Should have given him more game time me thinks.

But also worth pointing out that
- 3 goals were against Tranmere (league Two).
- 1 goal + 1 assist came in CL outing against APOEL when our 1st place was already cemented and absolutely nothing pending on this one.
- 3 goals against Rochdale (League One)

So those aggregated stats come off as bit of flattering.
Though agreed that he was not really used much. And I also would prefer keeping him around, this 1 mil + wage cost is basically nothing.

Was useful again when brought on today. Sure he missed a sitter but Kane missed about 12. We created a lot more space in the box once he was brought on and he played his part well.

Hopefully he is up for it if Kane is gone for a while. Time for the Lion King to prove he has some fight in him.

Yeah, bit of a nuisance when he came on.

We sort of stopped crossing the ball as much when he came on but when we did knock it long he set up a great chance for Kane (who really should have gone across the keeper) and had a shot on goal too (which was tame).

Grasping at very long Spanish straws here, but his cameoes have been more impactful this season compared to last. Looks sharper and fitter. Come on Nando, time to really step up.

We almost have to activate the extension clause in his contract now.

If he has a good spring we could maybe even make a good dime on him if he still wants to leave in the summer.

If Chavski hadn't dawdled he'd have been their first choice striker for the past year, seeing how Morata's been rubbish since his first 10-15 games. Hate to think how many he'd have scored for them by now. Took him about 2 mins to create the assist for the Harry goal v PSV which kick started our CL. Played very well in a front 2 with Kane at Bernabeu last season.

Great skill and technique to get Skipp's through ball on the run, neat finish too. A lot of strikers would have made a ricket and trodden on the ball, fallen on their arse etc.

We really don't give him enough playing time. And when we do, we don't ping enough crosses in, he's very good in the air. I'd be really annoyed to lose him, hard to see how we could improve on him. And we're losing Sonny for a few matches too.
You have to imagine that at a club like Palace, Burnley.... basically any team where he'd be first choice striker he would be netting 10-15 goals a season at a minimum. IMO Poch's greatest failing has been the misuse (or no use!) of Llorente - better management would have helped solve the quandary of resting Kane whilst still having a big, strong guy up front to hold up the ball, bring other players in and score himself.

You have to imagine that at a club like Palace, Burnley.... basically any team where he'd be first choice striker he would be netting 10-15 goals a season at a minimum. IMO Poch's greatest failing has been the misuse (or no use!) of Llorente - better management would have helped solve the quandary of resting Kane whilst still having a big, strong guy up front to hold up the ball, bring other players in and score himself.
I'd say this expands to all our "fringe" players to be honest. Poch is very loyal to his core team. Which is comendable. But it makes breaking into it pretty hard. We have these fringe guys that we cannot offload now and who aren't good enough but to be honest they never really got a fair shake.

For Son to break in it took Lamela going long term injured. And Sissoko broke through because of the continued injury problems for Dembele and Victor. And Ben with Danny. But once you are in you are in

Back
Top Bottom