Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DvLhQPpV4AEZQFd.jpg

Seeing those photos posted by NN nearly brought a tear to my eye,I loved the ground back in the late 70s/early 80s-especially the Shelf.I used to go everywhere home and away and have memories I will always cherish.Sadly I stopped going in the 90s as work and family commitments took over but now semi retired I have returned to the fray.
Still love the away days the most,on the very rare occasions I can get a ticket,but miss the no ticket required days when sometimes 10,000 of us would make our way up north,fantastic times!!!

fXngGge.jpg

Frozen pitch after floods in 1925.
Uyaz2Qq.jpg

Girder men in 1936 building the east stand.....think there might be a healthy and safety issue.

I can recall the houses in Paxton Road too...they used to have 'LEB OFF' painted on them. I used to think it was a swear word!. That would have been early 1970's i think.
They were there when i started going as well(76). Got told once that they were grounds man's houses.Makes sense.
The park lane ones up where it meets Worcester ave lasted until the late 80s i think.

They were there when i started going as well(76). Got told once that they were grounds man's houses.Makes sense.
The park lane ones up where it meets Worcester ave lasted until the late 80s i think.
I'd discovered beer by 76 Sean so like NN my memory has now been addled. I used to use the British Queen but had a soft spot for the Whitehall Tavern. Graduated to the Vic and the Brewers over the years.

I'd discovered beer by 76 Sean so like NN my memory has now been addled. I used to use the British Queen but had a soft spot for the Whitehall Tavern. Graduated to the Vic and the Brewers over the years.
My first spurs local was the Milford,and still my favourite, closely followed by the BQ.Drank in the Whitehall for a while as well. Use the Vic these days or the two brewers ,or if up the other end of the high rd the Coach & horses

Back
Top Bottom