Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best memory I have of that building is this.........
DfBzntzX0AEhkcN.jpg

DfBt7NOXkAAsPDA.jpg

These taken for the replay but the first game was just as bad.

I felt like Charlie with a golden ticket when I finally got a ticket in my hand. (One of the cup finals they used the turnstiles in Paxton Road but can't recall which.

DfBzntzX0AEhkcN.jpg

DfBt7NOXkAAsPDA.jpg

I felt like Charlie with a golden ticket when I finally got a ticket in my hand. (One of the cup finals they used the turnstiles in Paxton Road but can't recall which.
Drove past this scene that Sunday morning so headed to Wembley instead where the queues were..................even worse.

Drove past this scene that Sunday morning so headed to Wembley instead where the queues were..................even worse.
I was 13 and had just started taking myself down to the ground for about a year, my parents had absolutely no idea I was going. Anyway, I was also so nieve, I thought it might be busy so made plans to get there early, on the train down to the stadium (from Enfield Town) I felt quite smug with myself, there were a few people clearly heading their too but it wasn't anything like a match day so I thought it would be a piece of piss. Jumped off the train at WHL only to be confronted with the horror of the queue!!

I hung in there for what was hours and hours, convinced that I'd be turned away just as it was my turn. What a fucking relief when I had the ticket in my hand. Had to make up some bullshit when I got home as my "just popping down the shops" wasn't going to cut it.

Similar stories for getting to Wembley (and back) on my tod without a fucking clue where Wembley was!!

Outside The Bull pub after we won was absolutely magical. I confessed that night and phoned the old man from a phone box to take me home at about midnight. He was a diamond.

Last edited:
DfBzntzX0AEhkcN.jpg

DfBt7NOXkAAsPDA.jpg

If that's for the Manchester City final, we drove down from Sheffield after the first game, so think we got to Tottenham about midnight and there was already a queue down the High Road. Brilliant times, never to be repeated.

If that's for the Manchester City final, we drove down from Sheffield after the first game, so think we got to Tottenham about midnight and there was already a queue down the High Road. Brilliant times, never to be repeated.
My first game was around 89 aged 12.....my brother is ten years older and used to tell me about the good old days every time he took me to Spurs.
I feel privileged to have caught the tail end of the old times into the 90’s.....actually stood on a terraced Park Lane, which feels alien to so many.
Lots of great times walking Seven Sisters, and grabbing some chips....felt like a two hour walk to the ground at that age.

As you say brilliant times, and while things are different now I’m grateful for the new ground being right there, so all our future fans and our kids kids can still walk the same walk we did to watch Spurs.

Went back to Tottenham after both finals and drank in the pub till closing time then got something to eat in the chippy then queued all night for tickets with me mates for the replays. Luckily had my car parked in Park Lane so we took it in turns to have an hours sleep till the morning.
We queued down Park Lane and bought our tickets at the East Stand.

For the replay against City in 81,we left in the very early hours to join the queue. Me and Dad had been to bed for a couple of hours, my brother and his mate had come straight from clubbing.
Great camaraderie in that queue though, i remember that

Yes Mrs. P was the queue for the city final. As you say never to be repeated. All booking fees and online now!

I was in the queue down Park Lane waiting to go through the Shelf side turnstiles. Queued from about 5am I think and when we got to the front and were in the next batch of 100 or so to be let through they announced that there were no more tickets ! Still got into the replay via a fiver to the turnstile man at Wembley along with loads of mates. Must have been about 20 of us and only 2 had tickets but we all got in. One of the best days of my life that replay evening.

Am i remembering this wrong, or when we got tickets for the 81 replay,we went through a turnstyle to get the tickets,then walked round the pitch to go out another exit?
One of them was, I just don't know which was which. Someone else posted that they got their ticket via the East Stand, so maybe there was more than one Stand open???
I went to all the Man City and QPR games/replays and they have all merged into one thing. But I certainly got a ticket from a Paxton Turnstyle, I think it was for the QPR replay but not confident that is 100% correct but remember vividly walking out though on to the Paxton Terrace, then around the pitch towards the East Stand. But I don't remember where I exited from.

Back
Top Bottom