Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first spurs local was the Milford,and still my favourite, closely followed by the BQ.Drank in the Whitehall for a while as well. Use the Vic these days or the two brewers ,or if up the other end of the high rd the Coach & horses
I have done them all over the years. What was the one in the flats called if you crossed over from the coach and horses toward Edmonton. Was Langhedge Lane i think and was an estate pub. Was definitely open in the 90's. Shaker used it i know...

Talking of pubs.Someone with sense(and money) should buy and re-open the Railway.Big old place and we need a few more pubs.
Yes the Railway under the bridge. I had that down to a Tee in there after the game as i knew just how long i could leave it before legging it up the stairs for the train to Liverpool Street, you would hear the train thundering overhead, throw the last pint down and run up the stairs. I couldn't even manage the stairs now.

Yes the Railway under the bridge. I had that down to a Tee in there after the game as i knew just how long i could leave it before legging it up the stairs for the train to Liverpool Street, you would hear the train thundering overhead, throw the last pint down and run up the stairs. I couldn't even manage the stairs now.
It had something for everyone in there.3 bars, if i remember rightly.
The actress who was in meantime and confessions of a teenage health freak drank in there,pre and post games.Think she was in eastenders as well

I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's been purchased with plans of re-opening as a boozer. Please treat this with a large pinch of salt as it's also entirely possible that I've dreamt the entire thing.
Hope it's true
As i said we need more pubs.The pride of tottenham has re opened .Quite smart as it goes,possibly too smart,quite foody.Its named after the girls school that building was originally(mind gone blank)
Cracking pint of Hopspur in there :)

The old bill have had a lot to do with not letting us have a place to gather. The Bank was ideal then the fuckers were in there every 5 minutes sticking a camera in your face. I like the Pheonix as back in the day that was the gaff for the firm as was the Bricklayers in KR's heyday. We used to pay him for the following Saturdays away game and the atmosphere was incredible in there.

The old bill have had a lot to do with not letting us have a place to gather. The Bank was ideal then the fuckers were in there every 5 minutes sticking a camera in your face. I like the Pheonix as back in the day that was the gaff for the firm as was the Bricklayers in KR's heyday. We used to pay him for the following Saturdays away game and the atmosphere was incredible in there.
I remember the banks last day.They were never going to let it end well

Hope it's true
As i said we need more pubs.The pride of tottenham has re opened .Quite smart as it goes,possibly too smart,quite foody.Its named after the girls school that building was originally(mind gone blank)
Cracking pint of Hopspur in there :)
The burgers in there are the best around. My plans for when we are back home would be leeve The Beehive (which is where I tend to meet up with a few mates) go to The Pride of Tottenham just for the burgers, then either head direct to the Stadium or pop into the Annie for a quicky (although getting served in there close to KO is a challenge).

Too small to be able to identify players but i'd say late 60's. Picture taken from the shelf towards the west stand/paxton corner. I first went in 1969/70 and it looks the same. I can still summon up the images in my memory of those days. What great days they were too. Lovely photo.

I miss those days.
Everyone misses those days!
DvuzObEUYAEqrwZ.jpg
Ahhh.... cages! And to think, today people moan when they forget to heat the padded seats!!

Back
Top Bottom