Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how anyone watches that performance and singles Winks out for criticism over Sissoko, who offered absolutely nothing for 95 minutes.

What was his role today? Who fucking knows? Does he?

Winks role was just to mind the middle and keep us ticking (which he did seeing a shitload of the ball - more than anyone else), both Eriksen and Sissoko where supposed to be the 8’s linking the attack, both were worse than Winks at their remits, but at least Eriksen saw a shitload more of the ball and tried. Sissoko did fuck all.

I knew it

All Sissoko’s fault

:akabusi:

We need to be ruthless. There is no loyalty among professional footballers.

Lloris has had a poor season for us. We need to be planning for his exit.

Winks needs a kick up the arse or he will become another lazy underachiever.

That's the reality. I don't expect 10/10 every game, but we should expect effort and a minimum level of quality.

If the entire performance today had been shit then I would probably be less pissed off. But to beast a team as fucken irrelevant as Wolves so comprehensively in the first half and then to take to the second half with such insipid abandon... well fuck me, that smacks of choice and arrogance. The team deserve this critique.

I thought you would like to know that today was Winks 20 PL start.

To put that into perspective Sissoko has over 300 league starts (over half in PL), Trippier over 250 PL starts.

Suggest you stop playing FIFA or Football Manager and understand real life. Players are not born as world class, they pick up experience by playing.

Why not blame Dembele and Wanyama for being injured and not playing - its as logical as your pathetic posts on today's result

Well said

I do worry that with the wall in NWHL we will just concentrate the atmosphere into behind both goals and in effect have two bloody West Stand corporate mentality at the sides

Well they fucked the wall up before they even started building it by putting the 1882 lot in there.. Still dont see any point in that at all..

Just piss off. I dont believe you support Spurs. You show your true colours by only ever wanting to criticise Poch. Fans of rival clubs hate that he is our manager and would love to see him gone. You come on here to sow discontent. Your actions are so clear.

I frankly couldn’t care less whether you think I support the club or not - why should your opinion hold any value to me? What you Pochettinho fan girls fail to understand is that he is accountable to us not the other way around. It beggars belief that after five years with no silverware despite having the best Spurs in a generation he is still immune from all criticism. But don’t worry when his tenure comes to an end and I am proven to be right I won’t allow your sought to forget it.

The first time this season my brother in law has been to Wembley and he couldn't believe his eyes or ears at how shit it is.

If I never have to watch another Premier League game there as long as I live it will be too soon.

We were shit all over the pitch and deserved to lose. That must be the worst half of football from us I have seen in a long long time.

Wolves weren't all that but still much better than us. Credit where it is due, their fans were very good.

Still, nice to meet Yiddo99 Yiddo99 . That is the year he was born by the way, my DMs were older than him.....
Nice post

Everyone played badly today - but I swear Trippier actually managed to play them through on goal 4 or 5 times

Fucking ridiculous

When he passes forwards he's fine, but as soon as he turns back we are invariably in trouble.

The absolute fucking state of some of you..The result was poor but some of the comments are beyond embarrassing.. When Woolwich lose the same people post pictures of someone eating Popcorn and boast about how they can't wait for Arse TV and the incoming meltdown.. Well look at yourselves before you mention metldowns, up there with the worst i've seen.
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing but it's that time of year when anything can and does happen, did none of you notice that Man City got beat by Palace last week? i happens, I just hope the players respond better than some of you.
Using terms such as 'bottlers and Spursy' is what we expect from pathetic little trolls from other clubs, but to see your own fans use it... well there are no words. Get a fucking grip and man up.

We have been on an amazing run of games, just come off the back of a 5-0 and a 6-2 masterclass, we knocked Woolwich out of the quarter finals of the league cup, we went to Barca needing a result and we got it. If that is going to be forgotten because of one blip then you need to have a good look at yourselves.
I've seen comments like 'Poch is at fault because he keeps rotating the fullbacks" etc etc, did anyone make those comments when we were winning week in week out?

Results like this can happen but it's how you react and we need to make sure this was just a one off. It's only half way through the season and if you think that one result changes anything then think again.
Liverpool will have a poor result or two at some point, that's how IT works, NO ONE WINS EVERY GAME AND WE ARE NO DIFFERENT.
The players and the manager do not deserve some of the critisism that's been aimed at them today.

Sentiment aside for a minute, Poch said himself in the prezzer, that the team went off plan, and when Wolves leveled we could not answer, did not have the legs, or desire.

We started playing long balls to the front, and lost our rhythm, the press, all indications of fatigue.

When any of those players looked to the bench for support who did they see?

Moura
Gazzinga
Rose
Walker Peters
Foyth
Skipp
NGK

Just who do you think was going to be the saviour?

The squad is competitive, but hardly one to challenge for a prolonged period and certainly not over the demands of the Winter program. Having a keeper and three three defenders on the bench is hardly good options when you are a goal or two down at home.

The "amazing run of games" is all well and good, and then possibly losing away at Liverpool or Chelsea not so damaging, but at home to Wolves?

It's games like this that truly cost, and not those away against the top four sides. If we fail to strengthen this squad, then Levy will only have himslef to blame, Poch will go (who could blame him) but on the positive side Levy will have one big Gin Palace to brag about, and a fancy Cheese Room something that i guess we should all be chuffed to fucking bits about.

Ok fair enough.
Before the game I didn't agree with the comments about you coming to park the bus as i've been very impressed with your work ethic this season as well as your style of football.
In the second half you totally took the game to us and got what you deserved.

I thought you looked very leggy last twenty for some reason and nothing like the team who handed us our arse at molineux for an hour

I frankly couldn’t care less whether you think I support the club or not - why should your opinion hold any value to me? What you Pochettinho fan girls fail to understand is that he is accountable to us not the other way around. It beggars belief that after five years with no silverware despite having the best Spurs in a generation he is still immune from all criticism. But don’t worry when his tenure comes to an end and I am proven to be right I won’t allow your sought to forget it.
So a league cup win, over finishing in the top 4 year in year out would be better.

It's because of Poch that we are in this fantastic position.

I don't like to single out one player but what was Davinson doing on the corner kick? He just let the guy score. He was at fault multiple times when we had that awful run conceding from set pieces earlier in the season and he was at fault again, that mistake was the decisive moment in the game. When that goal went in the little energy we had left was drained out of us instantly.

I don't like to single out one player but what was Davinson doing on the corner kick? He just let the guy score. He was at fault multiple times when we had that awful run conceding from set pieces earlier in the season and he was at fault again, that mistake was the decisive moment in the game. When that goal went in the little energy we had left was drained out of us instantly.

It was his first game back for awhile now. He was bound to be a bit rusty. Hope he can improve and get back to form going forward.

Anyone who keeps arguing against signings we desperately needed in the summer should not whine about this loss.

1 cm injured too many for us.
Dier injury was a tough blow.
We’ve done well but 1 fit cm more and we might have run the gauntlet without error.

Now have to hope/trust that we will swap out Wanyama for a new, healthy mid...

Good job you don’t like to single out one player.

Us wolves cunts are buzzing and just drinking in anything to do with football right now because 3 years ago we were in league 1 and today we've won away at one of the best teams in the country
Well buzz and drink it in on your own forum, nobody gives a shit about your view of the game and we don't now have some new found respect for you, you're a mid table side we should of beat, thats it. Spare me with the 3 years ago you were in League 1 shit, you bought your way to the prem, you snapped up players from portugal through some dodgy agent dealings, players who would no way of joined a lower mid table championship side otherwise, you were a man city of the championship, I will never respect that.

Then surely you will enjoy staying up as for you there is nothing else
At least we have a dream though, and hope beyond survival.

Our points lost today killed a dream for many of us.
For Wolves fans those points meant log onto a Spurs forum and take the piss for the night.
Then what? What happens after that?

Congratulations on playing at Wembley in a game that wasn’t a play off.

Last edited:
I thought you would like to know that today was Winks 20 PL start.

To put that into perspective Sissoko has over 300 league starts (over half in PL), Trippier over 250 PL starts.

Suggest you stop playing FIFA or Football Manager and understand real life. Players are not born as world class, they pick up experience by playing.

Why not blame Dembele and Wanyama for being injured and not playing - its as logical as your pathetic posts on today's result
Winks will develop as a result of honest critique, but if his young ego is massaged by handjob merchants like you then he'll just be another soft, overpaid underachiever. My responses are in fact vital.
Cunts like you are a problem. But you'll fuck off soon enough, ironically back to your football manager game.

Back
Top Bottom