Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have a different take to you.

Winks: good passer and mover but looks completely tired and needs a rest big time, he was playing well only a few games ago but is now running in empty.

Parker: entirely different player to Winks, maybe one of the best one on one tacklers I have seen in a Spurs shirt and was amazing for his first season with us, non-stop energy but age caught up and his all action game took its toll on his body.

Fair enough. What I remember is both get the ball and love turning around circles and ultimately getting nowhere. He should have gone off for lucus ages before the wolves goal.

Fair enough. What I remember is both get the ball and love turning around circles and ultimately getting nowhere. He should have gone off for lucus ages before the wolves goal.

None of our central midfielders should have come off for Lucas. That's what edged the game in Wolves' favour.

If we were bringing Lucas on - he should have replaced Son, who was having a poor game himself.

They didn't. If anything, we did second half. Couldn't get out. Credit where it's due. However we helped me them massively. If there's any team capable of scoring lots of goals on the counter it's Liverpool, city or spurs.

They came at us for about 10 minutes before the goal....so about 60 minutes then

Tonight hurts like every defeat but if pool win the league it will be 1 billion times worse, fuck my life !!! :paulinhobored:
...but not quite as 'worse' than if ArseAnal win it!

True.But the thought of the media love in if scousepool win the league has me reaching for the razor blades.
Again, let them... there's almost a generation who have grown up never having seen Liverpool win the league, and wonder why the Media are still so I move with them... it's basically because of the generation (or two) that came before, and saw them win EVERYTHING!

I don't seem to have as big a problem as some appear to on here... I'd rather a club with a proud, long history and tradition won the league, (I include ourselves in that bracket as well as Liverpool) than some Oil funded Lottery winners...

Still, horses for courses.
If it ain't Liverpool, and it ain't us... you're looking at Man City or Chelsea again...

Annoying as our result was today, there IS a bigger picture out there!

Fuck off you mug, ain't you got any mates you can celebrate the biggest result your clubs had In a decade with, instead of logging into a Tottenham forum, what a sad, pathetic existence you are living , I pity you
Fuck off you mug, ain't you got any mates you can celebrate the biggest result your clubs had In a decade with, instead of logging into a Tottenham forum, what a sad, pathetic existence you are living , I pity you
Mate we were winning trophies before you lot had Electricity. . Jokes aside we all know spurs are a class act, but thought our boys deserved it, we've rotated our midfield over Xmas and I think last 20 it showed, all the best for season and I genuinely mean that

They came at us for about 10 minutes before the goal....so about 60 minutes then

Not sure what game you were watching then. First 10-15 mins second half we didn't get out of our half. Couple of passages of play after that and then it was us clearing from the back and it coming straight back. We started making shit mistakes under pressure. Although with that said. It was a pen at 2-1 and they go and score the other end. but yet again defensive mistakes

Mate we were winning trophies before you lot had Electricity. . Jokes aside we all know spurs are a class act, but thought our boys deserved it, we've rotated our midfield over Xmas and I think last 20 it showed, all the best for season and I genuinely mean that

You definitely deserved the win today - got a good squad assembled over at Wolves and you were fitter/smarter than us today.
Good luck for the rest of the season, go and take a few points off of our rivals and knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup please.

Can't imagine having a big result and my first thought is to log onto a opposing fans forum, barely even on here after big wins coz I'm out celebrating, state of these wolves cunts .

Not sure what game you were watching then. First 10-15 mins second half we didn't get out of our half. Couple of passages of play after that and then it was us clearing from the back and it coming straight back. We started making shit mistakes under pressure. Although with that said. It was a pen at 2-1 and they go and score the other end. but yet again defensive mistakes

I watched Wolves jogging about for an hour behind the ball and then Spurs shit their pants

Winks had a poor game, and should have been taken off around 70 mins,
we just seemed to pass the ball to them, don't know if that's because they moved to intercept the ball or our players being drained

And THAT is a very good point!

Still, nothing quite like parking the bus, is there....? And that today was NOTHING like parking the bus!!

Nothing against Wolves personally... Fair play.
Today hurt like hell, but it seems you've developed a knack for hurting the top 5 or 6... at least it wasn't just US you've done well AGAINST!

We've got pace so hurt the better teams that try and dominate us, teams that sit in we can't break down... I've not come on here to gloat just to see oppositions point of view

None of our central midfielders should have come off for Lucas. That's what edged the game in Wolves' favour.

If we were bringing Lucas on - he should have replaced Son, who was having a poor game himself.

I don't think it would have changed anything. My point is Alli or eriksen could play there and lucus could help us keep the ball higher up. Winks was just passenger the whole game anyway and didn't really help keep wolves at bay.

We will do this via PM. But the overarching point to be made is you are arguing against the very essence of a thing, ie that water should be dry. We do not rely on Sissoko for creativity but Winks IS supposed to be a player. If Sissoko misplaces a pass or shoots over who is surprised? Technical ability is not something we expect. And we expect Sissoko to 'link' by carrying the ball not his passing, which he did. But considering how overrun we were in the MF I wouldn't have strayed to much today

But he didn't carry the ball. Maybe once in 95 minutes and then gave it away. And he was part of that midfield getting "over run". Winks 2 tackles, 2 interceptions. Eriksen 3 tackles, 0 interceptions. Sissoko 0 tackles, 0 Interceptions. He was just ambling around.

Winks is not wonder bread, but he was a long, long way from our weakest link today. Alli and Son were piss poor. Eriksen was uninspiring and Sissoko brought absolutely nothing offensively or defensively to that game.

Can't imagine having a big result and my first thought is to log onto a opposing fans forum, barely even on here after big wins coz I'm out celebrating, state of these wolves cunts .
Us wolves cunts are buzzing and just drinking in anything to do with football right now because 3 years ago we were in league 1 and today we've won away at one of the best teams in the country

Back
Top Bottom