Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of a reality check today but on reflection the fact we’re still in second for now, still in the League Cup and the Champions League is more than many of us expected at this point in the season.

Fair play to Wolves for giving it a go today as compared to the likes of the recent turgid awfulness that was Burnley. I thought that after our last two games they might have been more circumspect but they stuck to their game today and it paid off for them (albeit we did our best to help them).

Wouldn’t the effect of that be perhaps bigger next season when the team and fans have had time to bed in.
If the fans don't enjoy the stadium from the first game then they don't deserve shit. Might take some time for the team but given how we adapted to Wembley why on earth would it take a long time for them too, especially if there is a great atmosphere. Imagine if we got behind the team today and carried them home in the 2nd half, as Wolves fans did, who I thought were the best (loudest) that have come to Wembley.

Literally just got off my plane and checked the score. So disappointing. What the hell happened?
We failed to create a single chance in 90 minutes. Kane scored a wonder goal, but they were the better team throughout and fully deserved the win. We didn't have a solitary shot in the second half. I'd expect Fulham to show more attacking intent. The squad desperately needs more ambition,, within itself, in Poch's tactics, and from the ownership if it wants to be anything more than New Woolwich - always top 4, selling the stars, never quite competing.

If the fans don't enjoy the stadium from the first game then they don't deserve shit. Might take some time for the team but given how we adapted to Wembley why on earth would it take a long time for them too, especially if there is a great atmosphere. Imagine if we got behind the team today and carried them home in the 2nd half, as Wolves fans did, who I thought were the best (loudest) that have come to Wembley.

I don’t disagree about enjoyment I am referring to how it will affect the team in terms of performance, it may take a few games for the squad to get used to.

Yeah, fatigue can be modulated by income. You fucking moron.

go fuck yourself.

But I said they aren’t fatigued.
Hence it’s about putting in a shift which their income should dictate they do for every minute of every game.

As I said, three games a week isn’t that much to talk about fatigue in pro footballers.

Some people do more than that down the gym a week as well as five 8 hour shifts.

Not sure why you’ve gone all turbo over Traore being subbed with a groin strain.
Much more to get riled up about today in my opinion.

I don’t disagree about enjoyment I am referring to how it will affect the team in terms of performance, it may take a few games for the squad to get used to.
The pitch is the same size as Wembley, it will be in front of ALL our fans, genuinely happy to be back home, the vibe will be great. (I'm saying this as a reference to leaving The Lane with the smallest pitch to play on the biggest with fans not enjoying their time there).

Thank God, a bit of perspective that made me get back off that really high bridge railing!!!!

Some right miserable fuckers on here who just love to wallow in their own shit of negativity.

Got to have a bit on here haven't we! But im far from happy about those last 45 minutes but it's not the end of the world and a title shot was something we never thought would happen at the start of this year so I'm just glad where there or there about despite not spending money

Back
Top Bottom