Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool can change a midfielder when they need to though
They have nobody they miss out, Chamberlain is replace by Shaqiri.
Winjaldum Henderson Fabinho Keita Milner for 3 places.
Add to that Lallana
They played 2 in middle Fabihno Henderson at Wolves,m Winjaldum Henderson at Newcastle and today WInjaldum Fabinho
Resting others.

Nope.

When we lost to Watford it wasn't fatigue. But when we lost our 1st game, after winning 3 consecutively, in the span of 10 days, with the same midfield pairing, then it's fatigue.

What you know about football, you could write on a stamp.

So we should expect to lose at Cardiff as well then? It will be the same midfield pairing, shall we just ignore the fact that Winks and Moussa have only started half of our PL games this season? I take it you were calling for Skipp to start prior the game starting?

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "We did not dominate the ball in the second half. We were wrong in the way we tried to play, too much long ball and our energy dropped in the second half.

"It was difficult to come back into the game after their equaliser. But that is football. We have had a very good run in the last few weeks and to keep that level is difficult. We tried to play a little more in the second half, but we were too direct and I think we started to pay for the effort in the other games. We are not machines. We need to understand that we cannot get ourselves in this situation.

"I think we used the ball in the wrong way and allowed them to create chances on the transitions."
Bang on, to be fair.

Hope we absolutely pump Cardiff.

Listen, had we lost up at Everton last week, and JUST thumped Wolves 6-2 this afternoon, we'd be buzzing...

It's COS it's at home, and 'just' cos it's Wolves that everyone is down... but look at the results they've had against the other TOP teams so far...
THEY'RE EVERYONE'S bogey team, not just ours.

It means it wasn’t a tactic
Hence my fucking point about their substitution pattern in this streak of starts for Traore. I doubt Traore has ever completed a 90 (and if so extremely rarely) in the PL. So it was to be expected and planned for, hence a fucking tactic. You have confirmed your status as an idiot. Please stop.

The forum backend meltdown is worse than the users atm it's all very slow...
I'm gonna catch up on Vikings and then catch up with the wheres and whys later.
but VAR for penalties please.
As long as it wasn't Foyth pushing in the box.

So we should expect to lose at Cardiff as well then? It will be the same midfield pairing, shall we just ignore the fact that Winks and Moussa have only started half of our PL games this season? I take it you were calling for Skipp to start prior the game starting?
Nope, as I got sucked in to the joyousness of scoring 5 and 6 and thought Moussa Sissoko was literally the Terminator.

I was wrong.

I was calling for Skipp to start our last game btw.

As for Cardiff, Skipp should, and will, start. And we will win.

Wolves were the perfect side to play our heavy legs today.

Fatigue my arse

I could play three games in a week ffs
Especially if it was making me a gazillionaire

We were shit, and we believed our own trumpet blowing a little bit too much.

There has to be a time when we are allowed to be angry. There has to be a time when we’re allowed to say we were not good enough and we were piss poor.

For me it’s not about excuses. Signings, fatigue etc etc etc

The manager is not the finished article yet, the team lacks professionalism and experience in some key games and moments and sometimes we play WAY below our ability.

It’s a little bit of arrogance among the key players, that needs to change.

Today, the lesser players ran themselves into the ground, and the “fab four” thought they were playing beach five a side in magaluf.
That’s why we lost....which is the same reason we throw away points in 90% of our games over the last three seasons.

NOT PUTTING THE GAME TO BED UP TOP.

People can talk about full backs and CMs all they want, you’re all going to be disappointed though when you realise that a Kante can’t make Son choose the right option or Dele stop killing our fucking momentum to try a back heel.

Throw a billion at the midfield, so what.

I don't even think it's about the profit margins in this situation - to be fair, if we can't get someone right in central midfield then there's no point in collecting driftwood. Getting rid of the guys who don't play and perhaps a buy/loan back for the rest of the season could be the best we can hope for.
It's like you're describing a club in administration; Not the 11th richest in the world.

_104846923_football_xmas_fixtures_top.png
also, although this doesnt show it,the dippers will have travelled the least distance over the festive period. we will have travelled the second furthest

Back
Top Bottom