Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win next week a total of 15 out of 18 points in the festive season would be great.

But I pray this makes Levy and Poch notice just how light we are upfront and in the midfield we can't challenge on multiple fronts with the lack of depth in CM and striker

It was poorly written by me I agree but the idea is that given Liverpool run of racking points, we have to emulate the same form and hope they will fuck up once or twice to catch up.
Sure I agree but they will lose a game, just as City have and we will again no doubt lose another too. I'm still pinching myself we are in yet another title race for a 4th season, the only four times in my entire supporting life, determined to enjoy this and can't wait to get back home where we stand a chance on a more level playing field.

It’s been 5 years - it beggars belief how immune from critique this guy still is. For me he is another David Moyes, he will get horribly exposed at United - they don’t have the players we have and there is pressure to win silverware immediately - the project/ platform bollocks simply won’t wash there.
As you've openly said you're one of ENIC's biggest supporters.
Who would you like them to go out and get to replace Poch?
Which manager could they entice, prepared to work under our model, that could take us to the next level. i.e from contenders to winners.
Genuine question, because unlike some, I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
Sure I agree but they will lose a game, just as City have and we will again no doubt lose another too. I'm still pinching myself we are in yet another title race for a 4th season, the only four times in my entire supporting life, determined to enjoy this and can't wait to get back home where we stand a chance on a more level playing field.

Wouldn’t the effect of that be perhaps bigger next season when the team and fans have had time to bed in.

Same issue seems with Poch, Wolves all over us second half and no reaction to bring on subs to negate the pressure with Foyth and KWP on the bench.

At 1-0 he was about to bring on Skipp for son which seemed like the right choice, they go and score so rather then protect a draw he leaves son on to go for the win, can’t really blame poch for that

For fucks sake, how many of you muppets actual pay any attention!?!?!?
Our CMs are depleted by injury, you disingenuous, agenda pushing fuckers!

Sissoko & Winks have been great, we just can't rest them.

Stop acting like we only have 2 on the books or that we should have 10 of em in our ranks.
The question must be asked in the summer. Can we in future rely on Dembele and Wanyama being fit. If the answer to either is anything less than 100% yes then we need to buy someone.

Personally fullbacks are where we’re weakest imo. I’d happily sell one of Aurier and Trippier and give KWP responsibility. Not sending him on loan and leaving him in the squad not playing is only going to stunt his development from here on.

Either decide he’s good enough and find a way to play him more next season or decide he’s not good enough and sell him. I lean towards the former.

If we win next week a total of 15 out of 18 points in the festive season would be great.

But I pray this makes Levy and Poch notice just how light we are upfront and in the midfield we can't challenge on multiple fronts with the lack of depth in CM and striker
Thank God, a bit of perspective that made me get back off that really high bridge railing!!!!

Some right miserable fuckers on here who just love to wallow in their own shit of negativity.

As you've openly said you're one of ENIC's biggest supporters.
Who would you like them to go out and get to replace Poch?
Which manager coud they entice, prepared to work under our model, that could take us to the nect level. i.e from contenders to winners.
Genuine question, because unlike some, I respect your opinion.

It’s too late now - the moment has passed with this group of players, we will transitioning in 18 months time. Any top level manager would have killed to have worked with this group - I would love to see what Conte, Ancelotti or Simeone could do with this team.

Fine rose can't play too many games but why not put him on during their second half onslaught? I get that given the opposition we didn't start with him but he'd have definitely helped us push further up.

The question must be asked in the summer. Can we I’m future rely on Dembele and Wanyama being fit. If the answer to either is anything less than 100% yes then we need to buy someone.

Personally fullbacks are where we’re weakest imo. I’d happily sell one of Aurier and Trippier and give KWP responsibility. Not sending him on loan and leaving him in the squad not playing is only going to stunt his development from here on.

Either decide he’s good enough and find a way to play him more next season or decide he’s not good enough and sell him. I lean towards the former.
Agree, especially with how much of the last few seasons Dembele and Wanyama have missed. I'm guessing KWP was rested today with the aim of playing him at Cardiff.

Back
Top Bottom