Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 games in 6 days, injuries, penalty not given and fatigue.

Saying Spurs are bottle jobs when we lose / draw is a complete kop out. Pep has spent half a billion on a £400m team to win 1 x League and 1 x League Cup, are Man City not bottlers? Klopp has spent £400m to win 0 trophies, is he not a bottler?

We exceed expectations every season under Poch and realistically at the begining of the season how many Spurs fans would have put as down as genuine title contenders? I really want a trophy this season and top 4 to bring Champions League to our new stadium (if that doen't happen this season). Realstically the trophy would either be League Cup or F.A Cup.

Today we were dissapointing but thanks to the F.A's great game scheduling we've only got a few days until we get the chance to make up for it
Klopp ain't won a trophy .....for now.
We don't win one this season and we are going to start living up to the sky sports bullshit of us being underachievers and that would be painful.

We also had 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 28 = 10 days off. We did play 1 extra match though.

_104846923_football_xmas_fixtures_top.png

You're right on injuries, but fatigue is not an excuse. Liverpool & Man City playing almost the same 11 throughout the season and one is unbeaten in the current season, the other won it by huge margins last season. People are funny pointing out at the likes of scousers finding excuses all the time when we seem to do the same shit aswell.
City has lost 3 games in the last 11 days.

No I get it when we win they are fine but when we lose it is ‘fatigue’. Bless you actually believe the bullshit you come out with. You really should have been a Liverpool supporter.
Nope.

When we lost to Watford it wasn't fatigue. But when we lost our 1st game, after winning 3 consecutively, in the span of 10 days, with the same midfield pairing, then it's fatigue.

What you know about football, you could write on a stamp.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "We did not dominate the ball in the second half. We were wrong in the way we tried to play, too much long ball and our energy dropped in the second half.

"It was difficult to come back into the game after their equaliser. But that is football. We have had a very good run in the last few weeks and to keep that level is difficult. We tried to play a little more in the second half, but we were too direct and I think we started to pay for the effort in the other games. We are not machines. We need to understand that we cannot get ourselves in this situation.

"I think we used the ball in the wrong way and allowed them to create chances on the transitions."

It is frustrating when you see us with 2 days between each game, City with 3 between each and the rest 2-4 days between each. We had the toughest run but when we won the first 2 it didn't seem a problem.

I think it is a cumulative effect though especially after the last few months - weren't there 9 games in 29 days at some point too. We can often get away with it but every now and then it catches us out.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "We did not dominate the ball in the second half. We were wrong in the way we tried to play, too much long ball and our energy dropped in the second half.

"It was difficult to come back into the game after their equaliser. But that is football. We have had a very good run in the last few weeks and to keep that level is difficult. We tried to play a little more in the second half, but we were too direct and I think we started to pay for the effort in the other games. We are not machines. We need to understand that we cannot get ourselves in this situation.

"I think we used the ball in the wrong way and allowed them to create chances on the transitions."
Poch saw what anyone with eyes saw. Fatigue.

Now all you melting mugs, bow down.

Back
Top Bottom