Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'd be taken seriously if you had appeared when we beat you, but you didn't so all your comments are fruitless.
As I said you are making yourselves look extremely small time.
You are not going to over take us or compete for a CL place so why bother? By winning a game against a club that is in every comp going and running on fumes is not going to make you big time or give you any form of bragging rights over us. It was a one off game and you caught us on a bad day that is all.
Who bragged? If you think any wolves fan with half a brain thinks that we think we're in the shake up at that level you are very wrong .. Take your point on not registering when we lost, probably just skimmed the comments, think most of us wolves fans interested in what you thought of us today

Funny, the whole 'winning streak against Promoted teams' stat that was wheeled out (again) pre-match failed to mention one thing... most promoted teams are shit!
Wolves were probably one of the best Promoted teams we have faced in years... I think West Brom used to cause us a few headaches when they were bouncing between divisions, but as far as a team straight out of the Championshit... fair play, Wolves have gone about it the right way!

Blimey, what with Wolves' result, and Liverpool's season so far, I bet Emlyn Hughes must really be annoying everyone in heaven tonight!!

To be honest mate i go on all forums before and after games, I registered this time due to the level of adverts you get if you don't register on this site. Obviously I'm not going to be as keen to read everyword when we have lost as much as when we have won... I'm just genuinely surprised how angry some of you are at getting rolled over by us, we aren't brilliant we lost at Cardiff and home to Huddersfield (I went on their forum too and to the games) I'm just astonished at how angry some of you are at one blip in the road, to a team that have been shown to turn up with some good results when otherwise your seasons been on fire. On most other forums debate is welcomed without being called a cunt, if you call people cunts then they are probably going to respond like one, if you don't want guests to comment and have discussion then don't allow us to register
I think you guys played well in the 2nd half... and you're a lot more interesting to watch that Huddersfield and Burnley.

Now fuck off
:levystare:

Just got back home, the sooner we are out of that cess pit of a Stadium, the better !!

Our performance on the pitch was just shite, Wolves took advantage of that and took their chances. Taking Dele off for me made a difference, he wasnt bossing the game by any means, but he pressurises and harrasses the opposing player. But to take him off and put a winger on, wtf was that about ? A Son change for Moura would have made far more sense.

Anyway,, main reason for the post. What a feckin piss poor performance by our fans in the Stadium.. Well I say Fans, I do wonder if some thought they were going to a Teenie Boppers concert at the Arena and got their dates mixed up. Probably the worst atmosphere I have ever been to at a Spurs game,, shocking. I was in the "Park Lane" end right behind the goal, Row 16,,,, I was the first one standing up !!!!! Unheard of in the Park lane. All 15 Rows in front of me just sitting there, checking their phones, Kids with 15 mins to go reading the Match Program and others pissing off during the match to fetch a Pizza or something. If this is modern day football attendance, then after going for the last 40 years, my days may be numbered. Too many bloody tourists and sightseers. This has pissed me off more than the loss. Hopefully, once we get in NWHL, most of these will disappear, but I do worry. Sorry if that sounds insensitive or not PC enough and everyone should be able to attend etc, but it is killing football.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hopefully, we will bounce back in the next game, but we just look knackered.

COYS

Personally I think it’s ok to call a spade a spade.

Barca was immense.....Everton was immense.....scum away was immense....

So what?
That means today wasn’t a shit in your bed piece of fucking garbage match?

No, it doesn’t I’m afraid.
We’ve been here before, Leicester WHL, Battle of the Bridge, scum at WHL 2-2, West Ham.

Key games year after year.

Today we could have gone 3pts behind Liverpool by beating some champo mid table team.

And what do we do? Lose our bollocks at 1-0 up. Again. Gift Liverpool a relaxing afternoon down the spa, knowing allllllll the pressure was off now.

5 steps forward, then kick ourselves in the face. Every fucking season.

We need to turn that corner. The excuses are running out.
No one is demanding the PL Title.

What I’m demanding is a change in our mentality for once, to match the managers big fucking words. Talk is cheap.
Sick of falling at the first hurdle every time a game pops up that you genuinely think “win this and who knows”.
It’s not just mentality - sometimes it comes down to pure ability. Winks won’t turn into Iniesta overnight nor Davies into Roberto Carlos, as much as their mentality is right

Who bragged? If you think any wolves fan with half a brain thinks that we think we're in the shake up at that level you are very wrong .. Take your point on not registering when we lost, probably just skimmed the comments, think most of us wolves fans interested in what you thought of us today
Woeful first half - played well 2nd half.

Can't see you breaking into the top 6 anytime soon though.

Just got back home, the sooner we are out of that cess pit of a Stadium, the better !!

Our performance on the pitch was just shite, Wolves took advantage of that and took their chances. Taking Dele off for me made a difference, he wasnt bossing the game by any means, but he pressurises and harrasses the opposing player. But to take him off and put a winger on, wtf was that about ? A Son change for Moura would have made far more sense.

Anyway,, main reason for the post. What a feckin piss poor performance by our fans in the Stadium.. Well I say Fans, I do wonder if some thought they were going to a Teenie Boppers concert at the Arena and got their dates mixed up. Probably the worst atmosphere I have ever been to at a Spurs game,, shocking. I was in the "Park Lane" end right behind the goal, Row 16,,,, I was the first one standing up !!!!! Unheard of in the Park lane. All 15 Rows in front of me just sitting there, checking their phones, Kids with 15 mins to go reading the Match Program and others pissing off during the match to fetch a Pizza or something. If this is modern day football attendance, then after going for the last 40 years, my days may be numbered. Too many bloody tourists and sightseers. This has pissed me off more than the loss. Hopefully, once we get in NWHL, most of these will disappear, but I do worry. Sorry if that sounds insensitive or not PC enough and everyone should be able to attend etc, but it is killing football.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hopefully, we will bounce back in the next game, but we just look knackered.

COYS

The 'real' fans have just given up on Wembley.....in their place it's tourists and people taking photos all game

Will be fine once we are home

The first time this season my brother in law has been to Wembley and he couldn't believe his eyes or ears at how shit it is.

If I never have to watch another Premier League game there as long as I live it will be too soon.

We were shit all over the pitch and deserved to lose. That must be the worst half of football from us I have seen in a long long time.

Wolves weren't all that but still much better than us. Credit where it is due, their fans were very good.

Still, nice to meet Yiddo99 Yiddo99 . That is the year he was born by the way, my DMs were older than him.....

We lost.

Only team without a really strange, unexpected result this season has been the leaders.

It's why we won't won the Premier.well that and too many injuries and somehow not quite ready.

There are issues whuch we either won't or can't confront. Not even sure we can resolve them.

Maybe the extent of it is good fortune or a Cup competition.

Strange feeling being us.

COYS

Well said

I do worry that with the wall in NWHL we will just concentrate the atmosphere into behind both goals and in effect have two bloody West Stand corporate mentality at the sides

Ok fair enough.
Before the game I didn't agree with the comments about you coming to park the bus as i've been very impressed with your work ethic this season as well as your style of football.
In the second half you totally took the game to us and got what you deserved.

The first time this season my brother in law has been to Wembley and he couldn't believe his eyes or ears at how shit it is.

If I never have to watch another Premier League game there as long as I live it will be too soon.

We were shit all over the pitch and deserved to lose. That must be the worst half of football from us I have seen in a long long time.

Wolves weren't all that but still much better than us. Credit where it is due, their fans were very good.

Still, nice to meet Yiddo99 Yiddo99 . That is the year he was born by the way, my DMs were older than him.....

Wolves just needed 4 more goals to match your prediction :levyeyes:

The only time I’ve seen Spurs at Wembley was the 2008 Carling Cup Final, and I’d best not mar that memory with a league match.

Back
Top Bottom