Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won’t challenge for the title so a Liverpool win is better for us.
Absolutely. Anyone who thinks we're good enough to win the league after this game is deluded. Wolves are decent which is why it is so unforgivable that we let them back in. At 1-0 up we should kill the game. Instead we were lazy and that told Wolves they could get back into it. Stupid as fuck, the worst performance under Poch in my opinion, maybe not footballing wise but in terms of mentality for sure.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

First chance all season to narrow a gap to 3 points to the top. Opportunity to go an extra 3 points clear of City, Woolwich, Chelsea and United before they've even played. Go a goal up against Wolves and in an instant we throw it all away. At the first hurdle.

It's so typically Tottenham. We built ourselves up for it. We were all so happy when City dropped 6 points and we ended up overtaking them. Only to now realise Liverpool will go 10 points clear of them tonight and their nearest challengers in the league just lost at home to Wolves 3-1.

Couldn't agree more unfortunately.
The motivation levels at HT just weren't there. These last 45 min were an epitome of the last couple of years.

This match has shown exactly why we still won't challenge for titles any time soon.

Sorry if I'm exaggerating but I'm seriously disgusted by how this match went.

Stay strong, yids

Other teams will also drop points. City lost 2 on the trot - who would have thought

Still 18 games left

This is by far the most frustrating game in ages. I had a feeling we were going to struggle, but didn't expect that. They looked so tired. Sissoko was shy and looked like his old self. Everything apart from Kane's lovely goal was just predictable or sloppy in the last moment (but some great build-ups beforehand). Second half was miserable.

:pochserious:

Teams lose games, stop talking such hyperbolic shite. you dope .

But we lose key games in title races every single year

Not there yet, despite the big talk.
Dele has three world class games and thinks he can walk through a match and no one will dare come near him.

Needs to change

If he was at a club that backed him in the transfer window he'd win the title.

He’s had a elite side for four seasons John - he just hasn’t the required ability at this level. If you can’t win silverware with the likes of Kane, Ali, Eriksen to name a few you are not going to win it with anyone else. As I have said time and time again it’s the Redknapp era all over again and deep down you all know I’m right on this.

No excuse for the lethargic shit play but the fucking REF all day. There was at least 1 pen among 2 or 3 no calls he made

Similar to Watford and the Arse. Heads gone. Legs followed.

As bad a second half as I have EVER seen. When you consider the stakes being as high as they are you can’t help but be angry.

Pretty pathetic in all honesty.

Half the season remaining and we're in the top 3. I can live with the loss since it was fair. We turned off and they did not. Should probably have made our subs earlier to try and prevent running out of gas but what is done cannot be undone.

Now if you excuse me I am going to go bury myself in a hole

Back
Top Bottom