January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pulisic to Chelsea talk gathering pace this evening. A real shame because he is someone we should be signing, especially with Eriksen looking as if he is leaving at the end of the season due to not extending his contract

Pulisic to Chelsea talk gathering pace this evening. A real shame because he is someone we should be signing, especially with Eriksen looking as if he is leaving at the end of the season due to not extending his contract
I agree that we should be looking at Pulisic but not because of Eriksen. Completely different type of players

That left back from Betis I keep banging on about (Junior Firpo)scored against Barcelona at the weekend.

Hopefully we persevere in the summer.

He has a £45,000,000 release clause. Get it done.
Not sure what he's like defensively but the guy gets forward and creates at every opportunity. Have been watching some betis goals recently and he's been involved in quite a few of them. They also have lo Celso who I'd bloody love at spurs. Can't believe PSG let him go.

Not sure what he's like defensively but the guy gets forward and creates at every opportunity. Have been watching some betis goals recently and he's been involved in quite a few of them. They also have lo Celso who I'd bloody love at spurs. Can't believe PSG let him go.

His defensive ability doesn't worry me too much. Just know he'd be a great asset to us for what he brings offensively, something we've missed since Rose's decline.

Lo Celso is excellent. He's only on loan.

Not sure on the ins and outs but if so then they have an incredible deal there.

‘We have a mandatory purchase option of 25m euros if we qualify for European competition and if not, then we have the option to sign him for that amount if we wish – and PSG would be obliged to sell.’
-Betis VP, from here

Meh. They're gonna buy him either way.
25m is an absolute steal, maybe even highway robbery!
Compare to Grealish, for example! (lol)

Apparently were interested in Wilson, Ake, Cook and Brooks from Bournemouth.

I rate Winks higher than Cook, and Brooks needs another season there. I’d happily take Ake and Wilson though.

He can play left sided CB.

He mostly did when partnered with Sanchez and pretty sure he does when partnered with van Dijk.
Hmmm ok.

I actually think I would prefer Ake to replace Toby if he goes. A proper left sided classy CB who is proven in the league. We already have 2 young cbs with excellent potential.

Hmmm ok.

I actually think I would prefer Ake to replace Toby if he goes. A proper left sided classy CB who is proven in the league. We already have 2 young cbs with excellent potential.

I don't think the left foot, right foot centre back pairing is as important as people think. Foyth and Sanchez could quite easily be our centre back pairing for the next 10 years. One has pace and power, the other has grace and style. Sorted

It does harm Alderweireld in the sense that a big part of his game are his long diagonals and he has to come onto his right foot to do them when playing left sided centre back but Sanchez is the one who hits those for us so him being on the right is fine (when partnered with Foyth)

Ain’t gonna happen but if we got De Ligt, De Jong, Malcolm and Ndombele while clearing out players we don’t need we’d almost be able to compete with City for the title.

Even with sales that would probably cost £150 mil so no chance.

Back
Top Bottom