January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone who is braying for a move away from his club before Christmas is even upon us?

latest

And I say that as someone who thinks Arnautovic would be a great asset in terms of skill - but his mentality/attitude and Poch seem like a disastrous combination.

I could see Poch forcing him to bend the knee.
I'm not sure he'd be such a bad fit for us, but, yea would rather look elsewhere for talent.
It is interesting that he can play centrally or wide though, and is proven in the prem at both.

I wouldn't be certain of that. Poch had no problem doing it with Trippier vs Walker, and Davies vs Rose. When Dele came in he knew the deal. Poch is clearly more scared of upsetting Kane than pleasing a back-up like Wilson. I love Poch but I'm not buying the excuse of they won't take a seat on the bench. You don't want to be signing players that do want to take a seat on the bench. Poch does better with understudies than established or older first team players anyway. Janssen and Llorente clearly haven't adapted to English football. Wilson, or okay yes, someone younger or from lower leagues or even academy out on loan would be a perfect option. Failing that, having no one at all and using Son as a #9 is better than having two deadwood players holding up squad numbers or wages with no sign of progression. But in all honesty the problem with them both is that they were happy with being on the bench, and it could be risking the same with a signing like Arnautovic in my opinion, only difference being a couple more PL goals.

I mean tbh Trips was never on the international scene until Poch, and Davies will get the call even if he wasn't playing regulary. And Ali was playing in League 2 before we signed him. And they where all making big career jumps.

My point is that I don't think Wilson will come to any big club to sit on the bench he needs to be playing regulary and has had big injury issues in the past. And should be in his prime nowL. Like you said where gonna be looking for an older player happy to sit on the bench and chip in when he can (Llorente) or a young Jesus type player from a foreign league wanting to make a jump up in pay and league who could maybe become very good, like we tried with Jansen. Would prefer the later myself, but both can go very wrong.

This Barella kid is seemingly extremely highly rated. From the extremely small bits I’ve seen (YouTube) he’s a bit like winks, neat and tidy but not the destroyer we’re looking for. Similarly with De Jong.

I see that Joachim Andersen is right-footed. Would like to see a left-footed Vertongen back up/future repacement. Nothing against Jocke A, just never heard of him.

I see that Joachim Andersen is right-footed. Would like to see a left-footed Vertongen back up/future repacement. Nothing against Jocke A, just never heard of him.
I see Samp have conceded 15 goals in 12 games. So-so

However 11 in their last three games. Slightly worrying

Back
Top Bottom