January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the sudden emergence of Foyth may affect that. However, I wouldn’t be against having Sanchez, Foyth and De Ligt as our 3 centre halves for the next 10 years.

Not really when Toby is clearly off and Jan’s career is coming to an end. Foyth needs to prove himself worthy of being in the first team before anything.

If ever there was proof we needed a central midfielder.

DsOL54yWwAAuNG-.jpg

Not a single Spurs CM on that list.

Though I imagine Dele would probably be on the list if he hadn't been injured.

Disappointing not to see Winks on that list but he's only played 426 minutes this season which is probably significantly less than everyone else on that list so hopefully as the season goes on he'd be somewhere in there.

Last edited:
Ain’t gonna happen but if we got De Ligt, De Jong, Malcolm and Ndombele while clearing out players we don’t need we’d almost be able to compete with City for the title.

Even with sales that would probably cost £150 mil so no chance.

Malcom went to Barcelona and Ndombele only signed permanently with Lyon, not much chance of those two. De Ligt and De Jong would be nice though.:adethumbup:

What do you all think of Ander Herrera? I think his contract is up. Nothing so flashy, but I think he could definitely help solidify our midfield.

What do you all think of Ander Herrera? I think his contract is up. Nothing so flashy, but I think he could definitely help solidify our midfield.

he'll be 30 at the start of next season. i imagine he'll want a 3-4 year deal.
do you really want him at age 32-33? i can't see levy or poch going for it.

If ever there was proof we needed a central midfielder.

DsOL54yWwAAuNG-.jpg

Not a single Spurs CM on that list.

Though I imagine Dele would probably be on the list if he hadn't been injured.

Disappointing not to see Winks on that list but he's only played 426 minutes this season which is probably significantly less than everyone else on that list so hopefully as the season goes on he'd be somewhere in there.
tenor.gif

I saw a couple of days ago a tweet in Spanish about a young Argentinean that Spurs looks into. Burgos or something, 18 years old. But the tweet seems to be removed.

Do you think Ajax is some kind of amateur club that would agree on this?
I would say that we pay what Ajax is asking for their players but also offer any of our players who need loaning out as a partnership! Who said anything about amateur! Its about building and sustaining good relationships isn't it? .

Back
Top Bottom