Would/have you ever tried influence someone into becoming a yid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My nephew is 2 and is the son of an Woolwich ST holder - my brother in law. He has promised he'll let my nephew choose his own team and not put any pressure on him to support them. He's never bought him any Woolwich merchandise at all.

As soon as he starts showing an interest in football and understands what the hell is going on, I'm getting stuck in. Can't take the risk.

Yes, my damn son.

He’s seven years old and he’s been hanging out with some bad influences at school, he’s become a fookin goon.

A few weeks ago my wife forced me to take him to an arse game, never did I think that I would one day sit in the home seats of our rivals.

Crazy how life turns out sometimes.

I would have put my foot down

No way would I have entered that fucking graveyard unless we were playing there

My son used to idolise Berba until he shit on us and then lost interest becoming a Rugby league fan

But back to the thread I have a mate who is a Spammer and detests the Dildo bros, Miss Piggy, the Stadium, Noble etc so I’m working on him!!!

Nope wouldn’t want to have to convince someone to support Spurs. Part of me likes that we are not a brand as much as Liverpool, United or Woolwich or just plastic like Chavs and City.

Unlike lots of supporters of other clubs who moan about their shit fanbase, Woolwich being the main one I actually don’t mind our fanbase.

In some respects like a dog becomes like its master fans end up like their owners or their managers. Read a City forum and they think money is no object, a Woolwich one and success is supposed to be a god given right. Our forums sometimes read like an accountants, celebrating our yearly profit margins and talking about the market where we can’t afford to buy anyone as the value isn’t good for the price.

If I had a kid though, that kid ain’t getting any treats unless he/she is Spurs.

Last edited:
Working on the wife. She's not into football except to support our national team but in principle wants Spurs to do well for my sake. Trying to get her to become a more active supporter.

Grew up in Wales and at the time there wasn't any Welsh team in the top division so I used go around school like some kind of evangelical preacher trying to get people to support spurs.

Amazingly enough not many wanted to support us during the 90s.
:pochsulk:

Having your son support Woolwich is a big let down, sort that shit out.

My two girls have been trained from birth to support Spurs and boo whenever the goons or in fact any red team come on TV. The World Cup was a hilarious struggle for my youngest as she couldn't get her head around cheering for the red team.

Last edited:
I would have put my foot down

No way would I have entered that fucking graveyard unless we were playing there

My son used to idolise Berba until he shit on us and then lost interest becoming a Rugby league fan

But back to the thread I have a mate who is a Spammer and detests the Dildo bros, Miss Piggy, the Stadium, Noble etc so I’m working on him!!!
Yeah right, like that's going to happen!

You - having a mate??

(KIDDDDIIINNNNNGGGG!!! :):):) )

Use a bit of creativity, tell him Wenger killed Santa, or the ground is haunted, or their shirts are made from the blood of puppies. I'd never take my kid to that shit hole
The actual story of Henry Norris should be bad enough if you tell it properly.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...rst-Woolwich-enemy-who-would-be-king-highbury

https://talksport.com/football/2836...e-tottenham-were-relegated-1919-180208254601/

Yes, my damn son.

He’s seven years old and he’s been hanging out with some bad influences at school, he’s become a fookin goon.

A few weeks ago my wife forced me to take him to an arse game, never did I think that I would one day sit in the home seats of our rivals.

Crazy how life turns out sometimes.
Find your fucking balls man.

My wife was briefly interested in Spurs..........this, I suspect, was mostly to ogle Bale's haunches. :baletroll:
He is literally the only person on the team she knew the name of. Once he left, she was no longer interested.

I have recruited a friend. He was looking for a team, and I steered him to Tottenham during AVB. I have to admit I felt bad because we were playing some seriously turgid football, :avbfu: but he stuck with it through his sacking, on to Sherwood, and then into glorious Poch/Kane era. He is die hard now. He just needs to make a trip to London to fully seal the deal.

Every girlfriend I've had has had to at least pretend they support Spurs. It's almost a dealbreaker.

I think my current missus used to support fucking Woolwich. But just like whether or not her exes were better in bed than me, it's a subject we never, ever broach.

I don't think I'm ever going to have children, but if I do the policy will be just like it was with my dad and my dad's dad: If you don't support Spurs you're out of the family.

People who aren't into football would probably think this is a bit pathetic. Fuck 'em!
I don't have kids (yet), me and my wife would like to one day...I will be a very liberal parent, my future son/daughter could be into almost anything and I'd be fine with it, I don't care about their sexuality or gender identity or whatever, I'd be upset but supportive and OK with it if they simply weren't into football, the only thing I couldn't take is if they supported another club.

Having your son support Woolwich is a big let down, sort that shit out.

My two girls have been trained from birth to support Spurs and boo whenever the goons or in fact any red team come on TV. The World Cup was a hilarious struggle for my youngest as she couldn't get her head around cheering for the red team.
I intend to do the same if I have a kid. I think I wouldn't risk getting them to support England as well. I'd fear the red thing might be too confusing at such an early age.

school friends, my 3 kids, various wives and girlfriends, anyone I meet abroad who knows what a football is. Good job I'm not a Jehovah's Witness.

Although some of the jobs there could be fun

model-dedicates-life-to-jehovah-fashion-model-heather-farrar-prepares-picture-id502260917

My sister and her husband are pretty anti football, which is fine.

However their son is 9 years old and is influenced by his friends who like football.
I’m leaning heavily on him, but his friends are a micture of spurs and Woolwich fans!
Could go either way!

I’m favourite uncle though, might let it slip that day trips and Christmas presents will be curtailed if he goes down the wrong path.

My sister and her husband are pretty anti football, which is fine.

However their son is 9 years old and is influenced by his friends who like football.
I’m leaning heavily on him, but his friends are a micture of spurs and Woolwich fans!
Could go either way!

I’m favourite uncle though, might let it slip that day trips and Christmas presents will be curtailed if he goes down the wrong path.

Got to be worth an investment in a pair of Spurs pyjamas

:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom