Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we are at it we will win.

Liverpool have not played any of the top teams yet and if Brighton had actually tried to win the game at a field they may have got something.

Liverpool have some great players no doubt, but they are far from being the genuine contenders the media would have us believe.

My concern is Vorm in goal, I have no confidence in him, someone will probably prove his height to me but he looks so small in goal! Would prefer gazzinga in tomorrow.

Can we have a button for “like except the Vorm/Gazzaniga part”

Can you imagine if they had won 3-0 at Old Trafford while we were scraping past Brighton at home.

Yeah we lost to Watford and rightly so, but I’m not sure what some people have seen that has them so sacred.

It’s almost as if they just looked at four wins and took no account of performance or opposition.
It is all about fine margins. If we had beat Watford, which we could have, we wouldn't have articles written about us being in trouble (we didnt deserve to win, credit to Watford).

I hate these cunts more than any other team outside of London.

They are not like normal people, they are a bunch of scum bags who can never see their own faults but fuck me do they moan when some goes against them.

Their reaction to the draw at their place last season was a case in point.

Grief mongering, thieving, murdering, cunts to a man.

The only thing worse than this, is the scouse “sense of humour” which is as funny as drowning, face down, in a puddle of aids.

I would happily grant them indepence and float Liverpool off into the Irish Sea. Let’s face it, it would be the first time we’ve banished a bunch of criminals onto an island.

I hope we fucking destroy them again this season. No knicker wetting about injuries for me, only three points will do.

Stand firm Spurs.

Last edited:
No lapses of concentration? What about a 66M keeper trying to be Johan Cruyff after a shit backpass from a 75M CB, that led to a goal...

They were gifted a goal at home to Brighton and were lucky not end up drawing.

Fine margins....laying down a marker by scraping through games against lowly opposition?
Their attack hasn’t clicked like it was last season, and the extra stability at the back is set back by the utter arrogance of their keeper.

Even with Dele and Lloris our, I’m not even bothered by this game. Excited of course, but fully expect us to come out winners.

Fine margins nothing.

They have 12 points and we have 9.

No mention when I last looked at the points table of any mishaps being deducted.

A goalie

They are not like normal people, they are a bunch of scum bags who can never see their own faults but fuck me do they moan when some goes against them.

The only thing worse than this, is the scouse “sense of humour” which is as funny as drowning, face down, in a puddle of aids.

I would happily grant them indepence and float Liverpool of into the Irish Sea. Let’s face it, it would be the first time we’ve banished a bunch of criminals onto an island.

I hope we fucking destroy them again this season. No knicker wetting about injuries for me, only three points will do.

Stand firm Spurs.

Not an apt moniker.

Fine margins nothing.

They have 12 points and we have 9.

No mention when I last looked at the points table of any mishaps being deducted.

No points deducted for mishaps, but you said they hadn’t suffered any. Just pointing out they made the biggest blunder of the season and their keeper is a liability.

You say fine margins mean nothing yet your tone suggests that should we scrape a lucky 1-0 win you’ll be the first to remind everyone how tight it was and unlucky they were.

They have 12pts, and there are 34 games left. I’m not sure you’ve seen them play?

I can’t see how anyone thinks they look better than Chelsea. The pundits have truely reeled you in.

I would happily grant them indepence and float Liverpool of into the Irish Sea. Let’s face it, it would be the first time we’ve banished a bunch of criminals onto an island.

Stand firm Spurs.
Is the UK not an island?

Stand firm Spurs.

Good on you Carlito, tired of the Scouse fawning

I've noticed that Vertonghen isn't highly rated outside of Spurs really. Odd.

Alderweireld got all of the attention a couple of seasons ago. With him being injured/dropped last season I could imagine the lazy press assuming that Vertonghen is typically second fiddle to him.

For what it’s worth, most football fans I know rate him very highly. It’s crazy to think that he was bought to replace the seemingly irreplaceable Ledley. As much as I love Jan, he’s not quite at King’s level (obviously I’m only referring to the times he was fit), but it was nevertheless an impressive piece of recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom