Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we have 26 buttons. One for each letter perhaps....if you find something informative maybe press each letter in a sequence so as to spell out a sentence.

Like rating, but writing.

Failing that, we could have a “I kind of agree but have a slightly different take on it” button.

If the person wants to know what take the other person has, but doesnt want to write it all out, how about a button that means “ok, what’s your take on it”.....

I don't know if many Liverpool fans think they're better than Man City - they just know they CAN beat them as proven by beating them three times last season.

Sadly, so far it looks like they can beat the shit too.

We need to show up tomorrow and put them right back in their fucking place.

They are a very good side. 2nd best squad possibly.

Only our most potent, clinical and concentrated is going to beat them tomorrow.

Last edited:
They are a very good side. 2nd best squad possibly.

Only our best is going to beat them tomorrow.

I don't think there overall squad is better than ours - but the way they play is a nuisance for every team in the league.

They don't really seem to have games like we did against Watford, where we were just pure shit.

Last edited:
I don't think there overall squad is better than ours - but the way they play is a nuisance for every team in the league.

Can you imagine if they had won 3-0 at Old Trafford while we were scraping past Brighton at home.

Yeah we lost to Watford and rightly so, but I’m not sure what some people have seen that has them so sacred.

It’s almost as if they just looked at four wins and took no account of performance or opposition.

They don't really seem to have games like we did against Watford, where we were just pure shit.

I don’t think we were pure shit against Watford at all, and I’ve seen Liverpool have very similar phases of being under pressure in 3 of their games so far that we had against Watford, conceding similarly few real chances, but just didn’t get punished by two set pieces.

In terms of overall squad, I don’t think there’s loads in it, but what they do have is a coach with a very clear ethos and group of players that fit that ethos very well, which isn’t quite so clear and true with us right now.

They aren’t up to full speed yet, and neither are we, but I’d rather we played like Watford and kept it very tight, than like we did in the three previous games, where we were far to open, which Liverpool will love.

Last edited:
We were fine against Watford for most of the match. If I hadn't had to stop watching after our goal then I'd have assumed we'd go on to win by a couple. However, play 'fine' against Liverpool and we'll be in trouble - we need to bring their defenders out into the wide open space of Wembley and then watch them struggle against the craft of Eriksen and Dele.

We were fine against Watford for most of the match. If I hadn't had to stop watching after our goal then I'd have assumed we'd go on to win by a couple. However, play 'fine' against Liverpool and we'll be in trouble - we need to bring their defenders out into the wide open space of Wembley and then watch them struggle against the craft of Eriksen and Dele.
Well just Eriksen as Dele won’t be playing

Last edited:
Can you imagine if they had won 3-0 at Old Trafford while we were scraping past Brighton at home.

Yeah we lost to Watford and rightly so, but I’m not sure what some people have seen that has them so sacred.

It’s almost as if they just looked at four wins and took no account of performance or opposition.

They’re a good team that should be respected, but we shouldn’t be scared of anyone. I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t get all three points against them.

At Anfield it’s a different story, but even then I’d expect it to be close.

The gender humour, and it was just humour, is because literally all you've done at is bitch and fucking whine at me. I thought we were just having a bit of a running "cunt off" (I think that's what you call them on here, no?), one which you keep initiating and I just respond to?

In the real world no-one comes up to you and has a tantrum because you are having a quiet chat about football, telling you want a cunt you are and to fuck off because you have an opinion on some tactical nuance, and no one then spends day after day having bitchy little digs at you. So in all honestly I can't be sure what I'd do and say to your face if you did that. If I fancied my chances I probably would be a smart arse, if I didn't I perhaps would be more tactful, but in the real world I'm guessing you probably don't do that?

I know this sounds a bit obvious, but if you don't want me to have little digs at you, why do you keep having little digs at me?
Because you lay yourself open to ridicule and comment. You are an arrogant poster who came on and started foghorning your pompous views on football and footballers, and have no awareness of just how irritating you are. Now you want the structure of the board changed to suit your approval methods.
I have never resorted to abusing or foul mouthing you, nor have I denigrated you or your intellect.
I have ridiculed your posts and how they make you look as a poster however. If you put yourself in the firing line then expect to take incoming rounds.
Either that or crawl back into your hole.
I haven't said anything to you on here that I wouldn't say to you personally, you are responsible for the way you represent yourself, not me.

Guys stop fighting. Focus on the fact we need to kick that smug cunt Klopp's teeth in like we did last season.

Watching him race down the touchline when he thought he'd won it only to gape as we scored was the highlight of last season.

They’re a good team that should be respected, but we shouldn’t be scared of anyone. I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t get all three points against them.

At Anfield it’s a different story, but even then I’d expect it to be close.

Yep I agree. Heard all the same stuff last year before we tore them to little bits and spat them out for a laugh.

Oh how they thought they had done us at Anfield too. Nope.
Seriously fuck them. Everyone talking like it’s the Barca game tomorrow. They are gung ho, and lack discipline.

Can’t wait to put them back in their box.

Got shat on a couple weeks ago when I said we played a pretty poor game against Man U and that we could be in for a rude awakening against Pool. Watford happened and now the choir has slightly changed their tune. Both teams are not ticking at pique efficiency, but I am worried that we are further behind in development.

The game will be won or lost in the midfield. Mane, Firmino, Salah, Milner, Henderson, Keita are going to harass the hell out of our side and so I would not be surprised to see a long ball tactic like we did last year.

For me the squad has to be something like this:

Vorm
Tripps Sanchez Verts Rose
Winks Dembele Eriksen
Son Kane Lucas
We need to sit and play the long ball game as I am not supremely confident in our ability in the midfield right now.

Yep I agree. Heard all the same stuff last year before we tore them to little bits and spat them out for a laugh.

Oh how they thought they had done us at Anfield too. Nope.
Seriously fuck them. Everyone talking like it’s the Barca game tomorrow. They are gung ho, and lack discipline.

Can’t wait to put them back in their box.

They’re a good test for us. Nothing more. I fully expect us to finish above them again regardless of the result tomorrow, but we really shouldn’t be dropping points to them at Wembley.

Come come.

I just believe they are a side and squad wirh few weaknesses and as yet and this season with no lapses of concentration or effort.

To me they are a side who are laying a marker and with a manager who has changed his approach slightly.

I certainly fear them more than Chelsea.

We can dent their confidence tomorrow but I think they are coming to make a statement.

A really big ask for us.

Got shat on a couple weeks ago when I said we played a pretty poor game against Man U and that we could be in for a rude awakening against Pool. Watford happened and now the choir has slightly changed their tune. Both teams are not ticking at pique efficiency, but I am worried that we are further behind in development.

The game will be won or lost in the midfield. Mane, Firmino, Salah, Milner, Henderson, Keita are going to harass the hell out of our side and so I would not be surprised to see a long ball tactic like we did last year.

Vorm
Winks Dembele Eriksen
Son Kane Lucas
We need to sit and play the long ball game as I am not supremely confident in our ability in the midfield right now.
Yup. We need to work from the Sam Allardyce Manual here. Knock it long, and fight for the second balls. Football is overrated.

2hy4ej.jpg

Vorm
Winks Dembele Eriksen
Son Kane Lucas
If we play like we did against United , I have no worries- we will beat them. We absorbed all the pressure they could muster and picked them off. If it’s a sloppy performance (which it was against Watford from the moment we went ahead) then we will struggle.

Come come.

I just believe they are a side and squad wirh few weaknesses and as yet and this season with no lapses of concentration or effort.

To me they are a side who are laying a marker and with a manager who has changed his approach slightly.

I certainly fear them more than Chelsea.

We can dent their confidence tomorrow but I think they are coming to make a statement.

A really big ask for us.

No lapses of concentration? What about a 66M keeper trying to be Johan Cruyff after a shit backpass from a 75M CB, that led to a goal...

They were gifted a goal at home to Brighton and were lucky not end up drawing.

Fine margins....laying down a marker by scraping through games against lowly opposition?
Their attack hasn’t clicked like it was last season, and the extra stability at the back is set back by the utter arrogance of their keeper.

Even with Dele and Lloris out, I’m not even bothered by this game. Excited of course, but fully expect us to come out winners.

Last edited:
If we are at it we will win.

Liverpool have not played any of the top teams yet and if Brighton had actually tried to win the game at a field they may have got something.

Liverpool have some great players no doubt, but they are far from being the genuine contenders the media would have us believe.

My concern is Vorm in goal, I have no confidence in him, someone will probably prove his height to me but he looks so small in goal! Would prefer gazzinga in tomorrow.

Poch and his staff work with both goalkeepers on almost a daily base, they are perfectly capable of deciding who is our second goalkeeper. Gazzaniga has played 1 match at Wembley v Palace, surely not enough for the normal supporter to make a decent judgement about him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom