Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading the anti levy crowd is depressing. It comes down to short term versus long term thinking. I'm just glad you basic bitches calling for levy's departure are not in positions of responsibility in the club.

For what it's worth, I have enormous respect for Levy and think he's done some wonders for the club.

My problem (aside from the communication issue previously discussed) is that I think he wants to be in charge of every division: i.e. general running of the club, stadium, transfers - but may not be suited to doing so.

And while I'd prefer a chairman who is shy than a pair of clowns like Gold & Suillivan, the last couple of weeks has really been a time for him to offer some transparency to fans (like you said, not giving us scraps like that Donna Cullen interview in the US).

One quick thing to add: I know for a fact that the club monitor forums (even the Fighting Cock, which was name-checked by club employees to me and Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko rather than SpursCommunity, hilariously enough), so I really wouldn't be surprised if the fire alarm story was a fib.
When were you talking to club staffers about the forum. Tell us more...

(Like how can they read this and not sign fucken McGinn?!)

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I have enormous respect for Levy and think he's done some wonders for the club.

My problem (aside from the communication issue previously discussed) is that I think he wants to be in charge of every division: i.e. general running of the club, stadium, transfers - but may not be suited to doing so.

And while I'd prefer a chairman who is shy than a pair of clowns like Gold & Suillivan, the last couple of weeks has really been a time for him to offer some transparency to fans (like you said, not giving us scraps like that Donna Cullen interview in the US).

One quick thing to add: I know for a fact that the club monitor forums (even the Fighting Cock, which was name-checked by club employees to me and Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko rather than SpursCommunity, hilariously enough), so I really wouldn't be surprised if the fire alarm story was a fib.

Alright if any Spurs employees are on the site then:

Just be honest with fans please. If the stadium is going to be delayed say so and don’t tell after it has been leaked by a 3rd party.

If the club is strapped for cash and can’t afford to buy players say so. I don’t think any club has had a window where they have not bought and we do need additions so what’s up?

By not communicating after such a transfer window and the stadium issues it looks like you have something big to hide and it’s quite disrespectful of fans who will pay more than any others. Most will accept if their are genuine issues but if there are (and I think there are myself) just be honest. We are going to find out one way or another, better with sincerity than a cover up.

That would be my message to anyone from the club reading the forum. The alternative is lots of speculation and that makes the club look tin pot.

Alright if any Spurs employees are on the site then:

Just be honest with fans please. If the stadium is going to be delayed say so and don’t tell after it has been leaked by a 3rd party.

If the club is strapped for cash and can’t afford to buy players say so. I don’t think any club has had a window where they have not bought and we do need additions so what’s up?

By not communicating after such a transfer window and the stadium issues it looks like you have something big to hide and it’s quite disrespectful of fans who will pay more than any others. Most will accept if their are genuine issues but if there are (and I think there are myself) just be honest. We are going to find out one way or another, better with sincerity than a cover up.

That would be my message to anyone from the club reading the forum. The alternative is lots of speculation and that makes the club look tin pot.
That was cute, Tomo

I'd wager a few of them post on here
I think we all could name them .
Airfix, Danny boy , Joe Clash , Little Dan's strange looking raging son ,Spursdem, Youth is the future Donna C. Guildo, Cheese room attendant and lovable Goaty held of Levys secret Gestapo .
I'm sure they are all very nice in the real world but understandably they do have a job to do
(Just a bit of fun )

Reading the anti levy crowd is depressing. It comes down to short term versus long term thinking. I'm just glad you basic bitches calling for levy's departure are not in positions of responsibility in the club.

Dunno why but when a madly patriotic Scotsman like yourself calls people "basic bitches" it makes me smile inside , what's next African American sisters from the hood calling people "silly wee hoors" :dembelelol:

When were you talking to club staffers about the forum. Tell us more...

(Like how can they read this and not sign fucken McGinn?!)
It was the guys running the VR demo for hospitality seats before one of the CL games last year (which is fun after a couple of beers).

Thought I'd ask them if they had a look at what fans were saying online and they said yes - and brought up The Fighting Cock first/unprompted. I love the idea of club workers having to sift through cunt offs and shemale pics to get to fan opinion.
:dembelelol:

They definitely keep tabs on SkyScraperCommunity too.
:levyeyes:

Geez, knee jerk much. Especially all those who two weeks ago were all on board the levy bandwagon.

So the stadiums not going to be ready in time.
It’s fucking annoying.
But even if it’s not ready by Christmas.... look how quickly its been built.

They have come out masses of times and said that the stadium cost a fuck ton of money, and yet people are still saying they are keeping it secret why we didn’t spend shit loads on new players.

I genuinely can’t believe people think the board are being deliberately obscure about things.

What would they have to gain?

He kept us in Tottenham and on the same site as the old stadium. He brought in Pochettino and has built a sound relationship with him which has taken us to nearly winning the league and now a genuine top four club. He's taken the club from a horrible place 'the sugar years' to where it is now. How people trash Levy is pretty unfair and either have only started supporting spurs recently or don't remember the bad times. In comparison to other owners Levy is leaps an bounds ahead of them (prefer the mobs down the road?). Yes he's crap at times and it 'seems' as if he might mug off the supporters, but he does have the bigger picture in mind which is making our club an elite club.

It was the guys running the VR demo for hospitality seats before one of the CL games last year (which is fun after a couple of beers).

Thought I'd ask them if they had a look at what fans were saying online and they said yes - and brought up The Fighting Cock first/unprompted. I love the idea of club workers having to sift through cunt offs and shemale pics to get to fan opinion.
:dembelelol:

They definitely keep tabs on SkyScraperCommunity too.
:levyeyes:

They ought to- even if there is a lot of bullshit, this still somewhat qualifies as a "brain trust" which can provide "the wisdom of crowds". By the time we get done debating something, most of the clearly bad ideas have been thrown out and defeated. Club would be stupid not to take what they can get from us (and other fans/sites) for free.

They ought to- even if there is a lot of bullshit, this still somewhat qualifies as a "brain trust" which can provide "the wisdom of crowds". By the time we get done debating something, most of the clearly bad ideas have been thrown out and defeated. Club would be stupid not to take what they can get from us (and other fans/sites) for free.
Agreed. Especially considering that I think we're far more reasonable on a whole than reading Twitter comments.

Back
Top Bottom