Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he needs to say anything. We all know how the land lies. I'd rather we bought no-one than waste money on the wrong player. Too many people are taken in by the media pressure for us to splash the cash before we are taken as serious contenders. Excuse my French, but screw them. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have Harry, Hugo, Christian, Dele, Jan, Kieran, Davison, Ben, Eric, Erik, Moussa, Sonny in our team. We might not quite be at Man City level, but we'll give everyone else a run for their money.

100%.

Even BBC Breakfast is all over it with the pundits gushing over how much certain teams have spent & why they won the Transfer Window.

At the end of the day, levy is a bald cunt . For that reason alone he should leave .

I think we will do ok this season , not great, but ok. We obviously aren’t going to improve because we haven’t signed anyone . There is gonna be no title challenge or any cl challenge , but if potch takes the domestic cups seriously , we always stand a chance .

For me this is potch’s last season . Thought that before the transfer window , but Levy’s refusal to strengthen will be enough to make potch’s mind up I reckon .

Winning a trophy will do the club and him some good . Mourninho will be gone , and they will break the bank to get Morris . levy will be rubbing his hands together.

Hopefully then Enic and the bald one will sell up .
We had 9 players involved in the world cup semis. If they don't ( and by association we) improve due to that alone, then there is something wrong with them

Just thought I would take a look at the numbers.

In the 17 years since ENIC took over THFC have averaged 6.6 place in the Prem. If you discount the first 3 seasons when he was dealing with the shambles he took over from Sugar that goes up to 5.7 place. Ergo, firmly established us as a top 6 side.

In the previous 14 seasons we averaged 10.1 and previous 17 season avg was 9.3. Firmly mid table fodder.

On top of that we are on a solid financial footing, have the £850mn NPD, a great young manager, the best (English) striker of his generation and a nucleus of the England team.

Levy isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but anyone that thinks he has been bad for Spurs is deluded.
I actually think it took longer to clear up the sugar mess . 3-5 for the actual mess, and the same for the reputational mess. Not helped by Levy's own fuck ups, of course.

No criticism for the dear leader in light of today's news? There's a surprise, I think he has pictures of some of you lot.

Almost like a cult of personality for this man.

So Dan, how about a bit of honesty, dare I say transparency and a thought for the average supporter?

If he does anything else from now on, its get the stadium right. We don't need any issues like build quality because it was rushed.

Ideally, tomorrow he releases a statement covering all the issues and stopping any more rumours. They also need to be realistic about timings as well.

And dare I say an apology and a new PR advisor team.

It's not looking good for him TBH. I've always thought he was always on the side of the club, even when he didn't get it quite right. However, this has been a PR disaster and people are rightly concerned and angry on how this has turned out. The media and other clubs are going to have a field day, so damage limitation needs to be put in place ASAP. It's not too late to make things better, but we have a horrible knack of shooting ourselves in the foot, when things are going well. Spursey is still alive and kicking!

No criticism for the dear leader in light of today's news? There's a surprise, I think he has pictures of some of you lot.

So Dan, how about a bit of honesty, dare I say transparency and a thought for the average supporter?
Just slip the workers 3 million plus Josh Onomah i'm sure that will speed them right up

I've had my say in the Stadium thread - and I didn't understand why the news only broke today as that's inexcusable if the problem was known about months ago as should have happened if it had been about building delay.

But on SSC one of the rumours is that the fire detection and control systems failed after installation. With a building the size of the stadium its going to be a major company supplying a top notch sophisticated system, and not a simple thing to rectify whatever problems it has. So if the testing and failure of such a system happened in the last few days its understandable that everything blew up today.

And he did refer to 'safety systems' in the press released today, and if so he's been pretty transparent.

I've had my say in the Stadium thread - and I didn't understand why the news only broke today as that's inexcusable if the problem was known about months ago as should have happened if it had been about building delay.

But on SSC one of the rumours is that the fire detection and control systems failed after installation. With a building the size of the stadium its going to be a major company supplying a top notch sophisticated system, and not a simple thing to rectify whatever problems it has. So if the testing and failure of such a system happened in the last few days its understandable that everything blew up today.

And he did refer to 'safety systems' in the press released today, and if so he's been pretty transparent.
Okay, going to sound cynical here....

I think the fire detection excuse is just an arse covering leak from the club online. People on the ground have been saying for weeks that the build was going to run over - the fire alarm issue would be comparatively unexpected.

Also, if it was the case then I have no doubt Levy would have specified it - it's something any layman knows is important. Instead, 'safety systems' could just mean 'it'll literally be a building site and therefore unsafe for the Liverpool match'.

Okay, going to sound cynical here....

I think the fire detection excuse is just an arse covering leak from the club online. People on the ground have been saying for weeks that the build was going to run over - the fire alarm issue would be comparatively unexpected.

Also, if it was the case then I have no doubt Levy would have specified it - it's something any layman knows is important. Instead, 'safety systems' could just mean 'it'll literally be a building site and therefore unsafe for the Liverpool match'.

It wouldn't surprise me if the fire detection area for concern was specifically left so the safety measures would notice it and give a reason for delay. Too many people have been saying that it won't be ready and low & behold it isn't. The club putting a no refunds policy into their season tickets under such special, unique circumstances this time around is mortifying. I feel like I've been mugged off and I haven't even got a season ticket this year. Ghastly stuff that could turn ugly

It wouldn't surprise me if the fire detection area for concern was specifically left so the safety measures would notice it and give a reason for delay. Too many people have been saying that it won't be ready and low & behold it isn't. The club putting a no refunds policy into their season tickets under such special, unique circumstances this time around is mortifying. I feel like I've been mugged off and I haven't even got a season ticket this year. Ghastly stuff that could turn ugly
It'll be an amazing stadium, so I really hope despite poor communication everyone with a season ticket eventually falls in love with it enough to make all of this forgotten about...

pB6g2Cf.png

It'll be an amazing stadium, so I really hope despite poor communication everyone with a season ticket eventually falls in love with it enough to make all of this forgotten about...

I've got to the point where I want Levy out now mate. He's either cunting the fanbase off or he made so many fuck ups in such a short space of time that he has demonstrated he is far too incompetent to drive this club further forward. I really liked him and believed his astuteness was great for what we needed at the time but his penny pinching this window, his decision making when we are on the vinegar strokes of the stadium completion & his cowardly way of hiding behind Donna Cullen's words to protect him from his failures has given me enough reason to lose trust in him. He either changes his ways should ENIC not sell up when the money flows in or I want him gone so someone can genuinely back Pochettino & what he is able to build. He starting to hold us back work certain decision making and that ain't on

Last edited:
Some back-of-a-fag-packet maths here (I recall our wages have always been covered by matchday revenue...)

Total TV money to Spurs for the last few years:

14/15: £85,000,000
15/16: £95,222,320
16/17: £145,461,325
17/18: £144,446,238

Total: £470,129,883

I really hope that's a good chunk of the stadium already paid for...
this justs shows how good Poch is, and we spend good money for the janssens and sissokos

I've got to the point where I want Levy out now mate. He's either cunting the fanbase off or he made so many fuck ups in such a short space of time that he has demonstrated he is far too incompetent to drive this like forward. I really liked him and believed his astuteness was great for what we needed at the time but his penny pinching this window, his decision making when we are on the vinegar strokes of the stadium completion & his cowardly way of hiding behind Donna Cullen's words to protect him from his failures has given me enough reason to lose trust in him. He either changes his ways should ENIC not sell up when the money flows in or I want him gone so someone can genuinely back Pochettino & what he is able to build. He starting to hold us back work certain decision making and that ain't on
For what it's worth, I have enormous respect for Levy and think he's done some wonders for the club.

My problem (aside from the communication issue previously discussed) is that I think he wants to be in charge of every division: i.e. general running of the club, stadium, transfers - but may not be suited to doing so.

And while I'd prefer a chairman who is shy than a pair of clowns like Gold & Suillivan, the last couple of weeks has really been a time for him to offer some transparency to fans (like you said, not giving us scraps like that Donna Cullen interview in the US).

One quick thing to add: I know for a fact that the club monitor forums (even the Fighting Cock, which was name-checked by club employees to me and Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko rather than SpursCommunity, hilariously enough), so I really wouldn't be surprised if the fire alarm story was a fib.

Back
Top Bottom