Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's an idea. Leave this forum. You aren't welcome you Woolwich loving shithouse. Giving it large on a forum because in real life, you know you'd get opened up by anyone you spouted your vile nonsense at.

You're a coward, son.

Who do you think? Our resident musical lover and Abba fan. Seriously dangerous fella, but not meant to be taken seriously.

Love ya Goat. :dierpochhug:

In fairness I didn't threaten to personally open him up this time.

Just that if he mouthed off to someone in real life the way he has on here, that somebody would.

Surely he has to say something? I’m not overly bothered that we haven’t signed anyone as we kept everyone we wanted to keep including Toby. But to not sign anyone??

I’m just fucking baffled more than anything!

At least we have a settled squad who know the system.

But I still want answers Levy!

:levystare:

Just thought I would take a look at the numbers.

In the 17 years since ENIC took over THFC have averaged 6.6 place in the Prem. If you discount the first 3 seasons when he was dealing with the shambles he took over from Sugar that goes up to 5.7 place. Ergo, firmly established us as a top 6 side.

In the previous 14 seasons we averaged 10.1 and previous 17 season avg was 9.3. Firmly mid table fodder.

On top of that we are on a solid financial footing, have the £850mn NPD, a great young manager, the best (English) striker of his generation and a nucleus of the England team.

Levy isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but anyone that thinks he has been bad for Spurs is deluded.

In the 17 years since ENIC took over THFC have averaged 6.6 place in the Prem. If you discount the first 3 seasons when he was dealing with the shambles he took over from Sugar that goes up to 5.7 place. Ergo, firmly established us as a top 6 side.

In the previous 14 seasons we averaged 10.1 and previous 17 season avg was 9.3. Firmly mid table fodder.

On top of that we are on a solid financial footing, have the £850mn NPD, a great young manager, the best (English) striker of his generation and a nucleus of the England team.

Levy isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but anyone that thinks he has been bad for Spurs is deluded.

Excellent breakdown. We're kind of lucky that we have this nucleus together when footballs going mad and kind of unfortunate that it's happened when it makes it extremely difficult to add genuine class to improve. I grew up watching the likes of Andy Turner, Darren Caskey & Andy Booth playing for us, we are very lucky to be a stable team when football has gone insane. It is what it is and people should be far happier that we have a genuinely good team that can compete in every competition we're in instead of chasing our tails at the other end of the table

The Levy hate is large on Twitter! Had a gentle attempt at defending him on Twitter. Got slaughtered by people pointing out that EFC won the transfer window for a second straight season......

We eat at a different table now, we have to try and buy quality not quantity and that's so much harder to do than someone who might nick you 7/10 ratings every game of the season. It's a big risk not signing anyone because it's on Levy's head, I'm sure he's smart enough to know he's put it all at his feet should the shit hit the fan

He's been brilliant for Spurs. And no one has bigger ambitions for the club's future than he does.

And yet, what he's attempting is phenomenally difficult, carries significant risk, and requires reaching deep into the wallets of supporters. It is only natural and sensible that there is pushback. Both because he is human and will make mistakes and also because his business acumen and ambition is part and parcel with buying into the sins and outrages of modern football hook line and sinker.

Cheese rooms and eye watering matchday prices without splashy signings and hype is a tough sell, as it should be.

Surely he has to say something? I’m not overly bothered that we haven’t signed anyone as we kept everyone we wanted to keep including Toby. But to not sign anyone??

"I sent a Poch-clone out to America and had the real one locked in my safe with the siphoned millions all summer"

"Waaaah, I had £200m in cash in a suitcase and Poch beat me up and hid the key"

Poch spoke. What different do you expect to hear...

Not one nosher among the 22 positive ratings so far. Truly a fanbase divided. They obviously think we were better before. Madness. All I will say is that none of them who paid money to go to the Lane in those days can seriously argue that we are worse off now.

I don't think he needs to say anything. We all know how the land lies. I'd rather we bought no-one than waste money on the wrong player. Too many people are taken in by the media pressure for us to splash the cash before we are taken as serious contenders. Excuse my French, but screw them. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have Harry, Hugo, Christian, Dele, Jan, Kieran, Davison, Ben, Eric, Erik, Moussa, Sonny in our team. We might not quite be at Man City level, but we'll give everyone else a run for their money.

I don't think he needs to say anything. We all know how the land lies. I'd rather we bought no-one than waste money on the wrong player. Too many people are taken in by the media pressure for us to splash the cash before we are taken as serious contenders. Excuse my French, but screw them. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have Harry, Hugo, Christian, Dele, Jan, Kieran, Davison, Ben, Eric, Erik, Moussa, Sonny in our team. We might not quite be at Man City level, but we'll give everyone else a run for their money.

I agree with this.

When it became apparent that we weren't going to land whoever our main target or targets were, I'm glad we didn't get in any panic buys. Signings are pointless unless poch really wants them.

We have a good squad - kept Toby (for now anyway), Moura looked good in pre season, and young Winksy should be back (I think we missed him a lot last season).

Oh and a new loud gladiatorial fortress of a stadium to look forward to.

Time to look to the football now.

Back
Top Bottom