Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You definitely don’t go to games - so are you referring to people outside your Amsterdam basement then? Hardly an objective sample of Spurs fans.

Stop trying to belittle our fans base with false accusations - NO ONE has ever wanted us to do a City. And stop projecting yourself as some kind of super fan - only few weeks ago you wanted Poch replaced with Klopp and every previous season you’ve flounced the forum when results didn’t go our way. Don’t make me dig up your posts from Poch’s second season. Joker.
I haven’t lived in Amsterdam since 2014 but there you go...
Back on ignore, this place is better without you.....22% think your the biggest cunt on the forum.

“You don’t go to games” waaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Are you 12?
The funny thing is, and it is funny, is that I’m removing all your perceived “power” by not reading your posts from this point on.

“Sammys pretending I’m on ignore” will be your next line of ammo. So predictable, so worthless, such a bore.

A parody of a troll.

Taking you off ignore was as pointless as I knew it would be.

I don’t regard Liverpool as the same as City, PSG and Chelsea to be fair.
I don’t regard them throwing huge amounts of money at average players as the right way, but they aren’t owned by oil and they do use homegrown kids and sign players that aren’t just top of the A List that year.

For the likes of Bournemouth today, we’re just another big club with money too, but not exactly unethical just for that.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that Fanway group have fully embraced moneyball sabermetric management style, while having massive war chest. Look at what they did with Redsox, building the young core and complement it with smart signings. They have implemented that philosophy with Liverpool as well. Promoting Trent Alexander Arnolds and Gomez while also signing VVD.

Reading the anti levy crowd is depressing. It comes down to short term versus long term thinking. I'm just glad you basic bitches calling for levy's departure are not in positions of responsibility in the club.
Fair enough point, and as a fellow spurs supporter I respect your different opinion. But how long term are we talking, it's been over 20 years since he took over..im willing to bet that in another 20 years if he is still in charge nothing will have changed. I don't believe he really cares about this club, whilst you do..if I am right I will genuinely be gutted as I want to see our great club winning again.. but I'm sorry I just don't trust him.
No tottenham supporter, be they owner or just me or you would of allowed this stadium to make us look like Muppets.
You consult the experts, there was nobody who believed it could be done in the timeframe levy made up...

One thing you have to keep in mind is that Fanway group have fully embraced moneyball sabermetric management style, while having massive war chest. Look at what they did with Redsox, building the young core and complement it with smart signings. They have implemented that philosophy with Liverpool as well. Promoting Trent Alexander Arnolds and Gomez while also signing VVD.
Liverpool are showing that investment and the promotion of youth combined is a successful model if you like it or not.
Our unique strategy of zero investment , while handled brilliantly by Poch is rather on a wing and prayer . Unbelievable over the years we never target our weaknesses but hope to muddle through or do it with cheap downgrades that rarely work. .From one season with Kane as our only striker to a obvious regressing central midfield and diminishing wing backs . The Scousers tend to target and fix it . Our recent history shows this will not change.
Long term if Poch goes , the main worry a Eddie Howe type will struggle to hold everything together and keep us competitive on such restrictions .
We are the house that Poch built but without him it could easily be blown down.

I think it’s madness not to be happy with Levy. He’s not perfect, but he runs the club like a business and our growth under him has been superb.

By value we’re in the top 10 (Forbes). And we’re alone in that top 10 as not being a multiple and sustained title winning club. What business do we have being in that group? League, FA and UEFA cup wins are distant memories.

We’re up there because Levy and co have squeezed every possible ounce of potential out of the club to get to where we are, whilst our bigger rivals spend multitudes of what we do. And now, the club is about to pivot into the big time with the new stadium and a team jammed full of stars and one of the best managers in the world. WTF!

To do all this, and yet still miraculously be one of the most financially secure clubs in the fucking world is simply incredible.

In terms of history, Aston Villa, Leeds and so on are our equal. And whilst they have been crippled and relegated, we’ve become a Champions League regular who can compete with Real, Juve, Barca and Dortmund. Some serious neck winding in needs to be done.

Liverpool are showing that investment and the promotion of youth combined is a successful model if you like it or not.
Our unique strategy of zero investment , while handled brilliantly by Poch is rather on a wing and prayer . Unbelievable over the years we never target our weaknesses but hope to muddle through or do it with cheap downgrades that rarely work. .From one season with Kane as our only striker to a obvious regressing central midfield and diminishing wing backs . The Scousers tend to target and fix it . Our recent history shows this will not change.
Long term if Poch goes , the main worry a Eddie Howe type will struggle to hold everything together and keep us competitive on such restrictions .
We are the house that Poch built but without him it could easily be blown down.
Estimates are that Levy has already invested at a minimum £637 million in the stadium, Liverpool have invested fuck all. We are the big spenders in premier league

Liverpool's way of doing it is only an investment if they make a profit, winning the league or CL does not make it an investment
Levy will only invest money where he see's there will be a defined profit not maybe a profit, he won't take a risk, that's why we didn't win the league in the 2 horse race season, (Charlie Austin in the Jan for £12m may have got us the extra goals we needed)
the balance is new player/s to get us top 4 and CL next season is XX + extra pay for current player is X, CL next season is Xy for Levy it doesn't add up

Estimates are that Levy has already invested at a minimum £637 million in the stadium, Liverpool have invested fuck all. We are the big spenders in premier league
You actually think £637 million is coming out of Levy's personal bank account?
Give me strength.

You actually think £637 million is coming out of Levy's personal bank account?
Give me strength.
You actually think the money spent on players is coming out of the bank accounts of the owners of all the other clubs? Ha ha,
maxresdefault.jpg

I can fully understand some grievances with Levy, but the hatred that some people have for him is fucking bizarre.

We've clearly done okay under his Chairmanship, there is progress nearly year on year that is irrefutable.
Although he has been chairman now for almost two, full decades.
The 2000's and 2010's and we've won just one League cup.

In the previous two decades, the 1980's and 1990's we won 3 x FA Cups, 1 x League cup and 1x Europa League (UEFA Cup)

So I guess year on year progress is open to ones own personal interpretation.

I think what rankles with a lot of fans is his reluctance to take that extra step or go that extra yard to push us over the line.
How often have we been on the cusp of glory but just needed that player or two to get us there only to see us take cheap punts on players like N'koudo or N'jie.

He took the club over at the most opportune time imaginable. If ever there was a definition of an under achieving sleeping giant we were it. And the Premier League was on the cusp of a financial jackpot unheard of in world football history.

In two decades he's seen the value of his asset multiply a hundred-fold. Yet we've just gone two successive transfer windows without investing a cent in the squad.

As CEO, he earns a higher salary than any of his peers in European football yet will allow some of our better players leave rather than pay them what the current market dictates.

I think it's understandable that a large section of the fanbase shows frustration.

Last edited:

In the previous two decades, the 1980's and 1990's we won 3 x FA Cups, 1 x League cup and 1x Europa League (UEFA Cup)

I think what rankles with a lot of fans is his reluctance to take that extra step or go that extra yard to push us over the line.
How often have we been on the cusp of glory but just needed that player or two to get us there only to see us take cheap punts on players like N'koudo or N'jie.

He took the club over at the most opportune time imaginable. If ever there was a definition of an under achieving sleeping giant we were it. And the Premier League was on the cusp of a financial jackpot unheard of in world football history.

In two decades he's seen the value of his asset multiply a hundred-fold. Yet we've just gone two successive transfer windows without investing a cent in the squad.

I think it's understandable that a large section of the fanbase shows frustration.
Progression is not a couple of League Cups.

Progression is beating Real Madrid.
Progression is beating Juventus.
Progression is beating Borussia Dortmund.
Progression is getting pivotal results at Camp Nou.
Progression is the last 8 of the Champions League.
Progression is consistent top 4.

You may think progression is a couple of domestic Cups alone.

You'd be wrong.

Last night was progression.

The easiest and most obvious way to judge how a team is performing is their league position, you can fluke a cup.....the league is a true reflection of where you are

Before he arrived we finished 14th-11th, now we finish 3rd-2nd.

Back
Top Bottom