Pre season 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs 25 man tour squad - injured in red

GK - Vorm, Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Austin
RB - Aurier, Walker-Peters
LB - Davies
CB - Sanchez, Foyth, Carter-Vickers, Eyoma
DM - Wanyama, Amos, Marsh, Skipp
CM- Sissoko. Oakley-Boothe
CAM- Eriksen
WF - Lamela. Moura. N'koudou. Georgiou
FW- Son. Llorente. Sterling

Not a good sign where injuries are concentrated in CM.DM positions - especially as Winks and Onomah were not fit enough to make the US squad. Looks like Amos and Skipp may well be playing much of the 3rd match

Spurs 25 man tour squad - injured in red

GK - Vorm, Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Austin
RB - Aurier, Walker-Peters
LB - Davies
CB - Sanchez, Foyth, Carter-Vickers, Eyoma
DM - Wanyama, Amos, Marsh, Skipp
CM- Sissoko. Oakley-Boothe
CAM- Eriksen
WF - Lamela. Moura. N'koudou. Georgiou
FW- Son. Llorente. Sterling

Not a good sign where injuries are concentrated in CM.DM positions - especially as Winks and Onomah were not fit enough to make the US squad. Looks like Amos and Skipp may well be playing much of the 3rd match

Gazzaniga
KWP - Sanchez - CCV - Davies
Eriksen - Skipp - Amos
Lucas - Son - Lamela
Hopefully.

Gazzaniga
KWP - Sanchez - CCV - Davies
Eriksen - Skipp - Amos
Lucas - Son - Lamela
Hopefully.

Would be great to see KWP finally get a start in his best position - he's looked OK on the left but offers far more on the right - and quite possibly far more that Aurier does on the right.

Otherwise team picks itself - although you could argue to put Son or Lamela on the bench to start Lllorente so as to have a game changer on the bench.

I like these behind the scenes shots. We don't usually see this stuff, hope to see more....

DjTAAL1W4AAFVB9.jpg

DjTAAL1X0AYrZgQ.jpg

DjTAAL0WwAIyp8-.jpg

DjTAAL2X0AIKjcQ.jpg

Good job we did not win FA Cup or the team we picked yesterday would be humiliated by MC in Charity Shield. How come Walker and Stones are playing and our lot are still on holiday.
We are totally unprepared for new season with World cup players on Hols, injuries to other squad members and no new players. Come September it maybe OK again but we will be playing catch up as in past seasons.

Good job we did not win FA Cup or the team we picked yesterday would be humiliated by MC in Charity Shield. How come Walker and Stones are playing and our lot are still on holiday.
We are totally unprepared for new season with World cup players on Hols, injuries to other squad members and no new players. Come September it maybe OK again but we will be playing catch up as in past seasons.

I imagine they're playing because they've been in training a week earlier in preparation for this game. Just like I assume a few of ours would have.

If anything, it pretty much shows that our World Cup players will be ready for next week.

I imagine they're playing because they've been in training a week earlier in preparation for this game. Just like I assume a few of ours would have.

If anything, it pretty much shows that our World Cup players will be ready for next week.
Some may play but Ready? do you really believe without any warm up games they will be match fit or even close to their best.

Not sure if here is the right place, but got to love Crouchies optimism!

Tottenham
All the talk going into the season has been the fact they have not signed anyone. It has led some people to suggest their run of three consecutive years inside the Premier League’s top three will end.

Unless I’m missing something, don’t Tottenham still have the players who were responsible for getting those results? The best business they could have made this summer was securing Harry Kane to a new long-term deal and that was mission accomplished.

Initially my concern for them would be the fact they had nine players involved in the World Cup semi-finals and there could be a slight hangover. If you don’t have a proper pre-season, you have to play catch up and it leads to early sluggishness.

4ECE746400000578-6028679-image-a-28_1533485281260.jpg

+21
Harry Kane will lead the line for Tottenham once more as they prepare to challenge again

4EDC993100000578-6028679-image-a-33_1533504839183.jpg

But I don’t have any worries about how they will perform over the campaign as a whole. Mauricio Pochettino is a fantastic manager and the squad continues to improve. If they can add Jack Grealish before the deadline, he has the potential to get into the England squad.

HOW WILL THEY FARE?

One of the best teams in Europe, never mind one of the best teams in England. Certainties for the top four.

MAJOR INS

None

MAJOR OUTS

Keanan Bennetts (Gladbach, £2m) Anton Walkes (Portsmouth, £200k)

:crouch:

Not sure if here is the right place, but got to love Crouchies optimism!

Tottenham
All the talk going into the season has been the fact they have not signed anyone. It has led some people to suggest their run of three consecutive years inside the Premier League’s top three will end.

Unless I’m missing something, don’t Tottenham still have the players who were responsible for getting those results? The best business they could have made this summer was securing Harry Kane to a new long-term deal and that was mission accomplished.

Initially my concern for them would be the fact they had nine players involved in the World Cup semi-finals and there could be a slight hangover. If you don’t have a proper pre-season, you have to play catch up and it leads to early sluggishness.

4ECE746400000578-6028679-image-a-28_1533485281260.jpg

+21
Harry Kane will lead the line for Tottenham once more as they prepare to challenge again

4EDC993100000578-6028679-image-a-33_1533504839183.jpg

But I don’t have any worries about how they will perform over the campaign as a whole. Mauricio Pochettino is a fantastic manager and the squad continues to improve. If they can add Jack Grealish before the deadline, he has the potential to get into the England squad.

HOW WILL THEY FARE?

One of the best teams in Europe, never mind one of the best teams in England. Certainties for the top four.

MAJOR INS

None

MAJOR OUTS

Keanan Bennetts (Gladbach, £2m) Anton Walkes (Portsmouth, £200k)

:crouch:
Fucking love Crouchy. The happy clapping, robot dancing, Clancy shagging beanpole.
Top man.

Back
Top Bottom