Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Priority is 100% central midfielder.

Someone who can carry the ball and cause problems with it. Basically a Dembele replacement (Seri or NDombele preferably).

A new left back. Someone who's going to take on his man and beat them. Quick and gets themselves into good positions. From the media rumours of us scouting numerous left backs, this does seem to be a priority which is good.

Unless Aurier pulls a finger out, a new right back too. Though I think with better coaching, Poch's fitness regime and a bit of confidence and freedom to be allowed to run forward and beat a man, Aurier would be pretty damn good. (In a wing back, 3 at the back role preferably)

--

Anything else would be a bonus. I think we're well set in the attacking sense. Eriksen, Dele, Kane, Lucas, Son and Lamela is fine. Though if we were to bring in Malcom then even better. I think he offers something different to all of those.

I also wouldn't mind us looking at bringing in a promising central defender in Lenglet or de Ligt - so if Toby does get sold, replacing him with one of these would be best. Unless of course Poch would prefer a bit more experience.

Striker?

For me the state of Kane makes a striker paramount. Not a decent player happy to sit on the bench, a player who genuinely feels he can take Kanes spot, or at the very least offers us something alongside Kane.
Id genuinely be happy to sign Vardy.....cocky little shit with too much confidence. Perfect.

We've become soft again, theres no emotion out there, no running just blank faces accepting defeat. Punch yourself in the face or headbutt the floor when you miss a fucking sitter, not that blank stare "oh my god how did that not go in".......BECAUSE IT WAS A SHIT SHOT

Fullbacks for me are working their bollocks off, so while limited, Im happy with them for now.
The better players are the problem at the moment, last year it was about back up, this summer some players commitment needs serious questioning.
Start rooting out the rot, and then base our transfers on whats left.

The one thing I want in our signings this summer is attitude. I want winning mentality, players who are not content sitting on a bench. A bit of grinta. A player who is willing to hound a ref to get a decision our way, willing to be a shithouse etc.

If it wasn't for him already being 32 I would bite PSGs hand off if they offered us a swap trade between Toby and Thiago Silva for all those reasons (working under the presumption Toby leaves).

Our strategy we have used on PSG is good, so we should continue with that but raise our standards a little bit. Look at top clubs around Europe, see if they have any players they are willing to part with and see if they will fit in our build/plans. But while Aurier and Lucas are both decent-good players I think we should look at guys who are closer to 27-28 years and above so we get a bit more experience in. Because while Lucas and Aurier have won titles at PSG they did so while very young (and they still are in football terms). We need a couple of experienced winners in that can take our younger lads by the hand and lead them through games like yesterday and vs Juve.

Davide Santon at Inter would be a nice pick for the left back position. Two Serie A titles, two Italian cups and a CL title in the baggage at age 27

We need experience, I don't mind if we get any player with 30 years or more, nobody plays every game and this is the kind of player we need in the pitch to change the mentality when the team is losing, to slow down the match when we are winning and to teach the younger how to win things.

Priority is 100% central midfielder.

Someone who can carry the ball and cause problems with it. Basically a Dembele replacement (Seri or NDombele preferably.
NDombele with Modric and Zaha to start with. Our midfield is too pedestrian. That's why Man city run
straight through us. I'd have a mini clear out.

This seems like a phenomenally stupid thing to put on social media if you're an aspiring footballer.

They're not paid for their brains though, are they?
:harrysmile:
Is idiotic on the one had. On the other hand he was 16 years old, not exactly the age of mature career-minded rationale.

Part of the first generation whose childhoods were catalogued on social media, I’d say being able to dig up bombastic tweets like that is probably going to become a trend in the coming years.

They'd be great signings, although I feel our priorities should be in this order:

* New full backs, both need upgrading (Rose out, possibly binning off Aurier too)
* Shit hot central midfielder (wish we got in there for Naby Keita - somebody of that ilk, he's exactly what we need)
* Replacement for Toby / long term partner for Sanchez
* Competition/rotation option for Eriksen (maybe this is Maddison, but we should aim higher)
* Some young players with a lot of potential (this is where the Maddison's and Sessengon's come in)
Seriously we've been in the CL back to back and Liverpool only just got in so why the hell did we not compete for Naby Keita? £55M is looking like a steal, he is a complete midfielder

I think we will see real backing from the board for Poch this summer. We are 2-3 match day players away from seriously winning the title, add a couple of squad players then we'll compete on all fronts.

I'd like to see Ryan Sessengon, Andre Gomes and a striker who plays Kane's way (as in can lead the line, chase down defences and work for the team). I'd be hard to find someone available, but I'd rather spend that little bit more than end up with another Llorente.

From "ITK" Hercules on Spurs Community, posted here for posterity & ridicule.

For whatever it is worth, and the whispers coming out, Poch is very happy, but not contented. He now believes he wants one good opportunity to have a good swing with quality acquisitions. And I am told he wants LB, 2 ACM, 1 striker that can play different positions. On Toby going (?) he wants another CH, and this I have already addressed.

Now I know the club will back him with circa say 150m, plus monies he generates from sales. He wants proven young quality, and one experienced proven quality between the ages of say 28-32 (my guess).

Yesterday hurt him deep, and he doesn’t believe we have the clinical quality work if Eriksen & Kane not doing it. He wants options.

I honestly do not believe he will sign a new contract extension, unless he has firm assurances. I personally believe the hierarchy will back him fully, and are finding ways to do such.

Btw, please, honestly-STOP talking about new stadium financial restrictions. It is well covered, even if media hasn’t had a sniff. Daniel is in his territory there.

Let’s back Poch rather than slagging him off for tactical naivety on the odd occasions, or his stubbornness on others. We really don’t know what we have in him. We are blessed.

This "ITK" constantly contradicts himself, but no one points it out or conveniently forgets how at odds the updates are. Tired of shams talking shit.

On the first paragraph, that goes against Poch's own philosophy in his book, that Levy even attested to. Just making up some plausible bull that fans might believe after a defeat. But, if Poch even felt that way, would he, as a person, just casually throw it around like a melt that would leak in 2 days? No. What an absolute tit this "ITK" is.

The second bit, "hurt him deep" and thinking only Eriksen & Kane are at it. Fuck me. Poch chooses the team, he's knowingly choosing a crocked Kane, 4 times in a row with the same results. Insulting to the rest of the team if that is what he thinks. Which it isn't, because this is a bunch of unbelievable bullshit.

Lastly, "firm assurances". Where the fuck is this bit coming from? Poch doesn't need to sign anyone, only needs 11 players, as alluded to in the book, so STOP MAKING UP BS.

Have to point out the fake news shit that keeps coming out of "ITK" mouths. Why people (at least on that site) are such Kool-Aid drinkers is beyond me. Being gullible is a pre-requirement of the Internet I guess.

tumblr_mfmi1uS1b21qjtv36o1_250.gif

My ideal summer would be -

Sessegnon
De Ligt
Kondogbia
Rondon/Jay Rodriguez/Charlie Austin/Gabbiadini

Keep Rose and play him more!! Let Toby go for good $$$ ABROAD. Kondogbia could be eased in to rotate with Mousa/Dier/Victor/Winks

Our AM's are plentiful in Son, Dele, Sissoko, Lamela, Eriksen and Lucas

The striker situation is impossible.... Kane is Kane. Yeah I'd love to go for Dzeko or Werner or the likes but we can't can we!

Is Kieran Tierney quick? If so, perhaps we should buy him.
No expert but he seems to have a fair bit of speed from what I have seen of him. Young too. Granted what I have seen of him has mainly been in Scotland so he might need a bit of time to adapt to the prem.

If any of the attacking players depart in the summer I would not say no to Thorgan Hazard if we could sneak that one below Chelsea's nose

Back
Top Bottom