Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love Martial, but there's no chance in hell Utd would sell him to us without extorting a concession in some form or another. Even if we agreed to sell them Rose though as such a concession, I'd not want to spend any more than 35 million pounds for him, and only that if he were actually Poch's #1 target, which I doubt he is. We're already stacked in attack for next season if we just keep our current squad, therefore I don't see any reason for this move to happen unless that were to change...

This is also why I don't care to entertain re-signing Bale or Modric from RM- they will insist on signing either Kane or Dele in return, and we can't possibly win in either of those deals if we intend to compete for the PL this next season.
You make a good point regarding bale and modric.

We won’t be challenging for any title anytime soon though.

I'd love Martial, but there's no chance in hell Utd would sell him to us without extorting a concession in some form or another. Even if we agreed to sell them Rose though as such a concession, I'd not want to spend any more than 35 million pounds for him, and only that if he were actually Poch's #1 target, which I doubt he is. We're already stacked in attack for next season if we just keep our current squad, therefore I don't see any reason for this move to happen unless that were to change...

This is also why I don't care to entertain re-signing Bale or Modric from RM- they will insist on signing either Kane or Dele in return, and we can't possibly win in either of those deals if we intend to compete for the PL this next season.

I think we should continue on the path we are on. Spurs are the only team in the top 6 who aren’t spending stupid money to get to the top, yet we are there.

This summer I think we’ll be in for Sessegnon for sure, and maybe James Maddison. If Southampton go down then Lemina would be a great signing.

Don’t get me wrong, if United are willing to do business which suits us for Martial or Rashford then I’d be very happy with them as signings.

We won’t be challenging for any title anytime soon though.

Why not? All we need to do is go on a shit-hot run to start the season for once- our starting XI is as good as anybody else's top to bottom, and our depth is only somewhat less than City's. I think we have a very good chance of competing for the premiership this next season, as long as we keep the squad intact...

Why not? All we need to do is go on a shit-hot run to start the season for once- our starting XI is as good as anybody else's top to bottom, and our depth is only somewhat less than City's. I think we have a very good chance of competing for the premiership this next season, as long as we keep the squad intact...
not to mention we are in a cup semi final

Confidence plays a huge part in that though. Mourinho isnt the best manager to bring youth through, he prefers ready made products. Poch would give both Rashford and Martial the time, effort and confidence to be better players.

He not just "[not] the best manager to bring youth through", he's one of the worst. He seems to ruin far more young players careers than he ever makes, which leads me to think he's just got lucky with the ones that do pan out...

May have already been posted, but I'm far too lazy to start going through the pages..

If United were willing to sell either Rashford or Martial (more like Martial) would you be willing to do a deal involving Alderweireld?

Say.. a straight swap? I'm not sure who is worth more in todays market to be honest. Alderweireld is the best centre half in the league, but both Martial and Rashford have age on their side and have the potential to be world class.

I wouldn't do it. Alderweireld is way more valuable a signing for Utd the next 1-2 seasons than Martial or Rashford would be for us. I'm praying that PSG are interested in signing him for at least 45 million pounds!
:avbpray:

I wouldn't do it. Alderweireld is way more valuable a signing for Utd the next 1-2 seasons than Martial or Rashford would be for us. I'm praying that PSG are interested in signing him for at least 45 million pounds!
:avbpray:
I would be surprised if Levy hasn't already sent out feelers to top clubs in Europe

I really don't want Bale back at the Spurs. He's a shadow of the player that played for us.
I don't know why he bulked up when he was already such a good athlete. Them injuries have taken a toll.
Presently, he just strolls around the pitch and rarely breaks into a sprint. I wonder who is quicker? Him or Ronaldo?

If/when Southampton go down, Bertrand and Cedric would be good, relatively cheap replacements for Rose and Aurier, who could be sold to generate funds for reinvestment elsewhere.

A genuine title challenge wouldn’t be beyond reality next season providing Pochettino learns when to take his foot off the gas and embrace a bit more pragmatism at key points throughout the season; the annual winter dip is what proves to be decisive in that regard.

As i said last week....i think Mourinho could offer him for Toby.

Good deal all-round IMO - Toby gets to play for a huge club and paid accordingly for his talent, United and Jose get a genuinely world class defender, Martial gets to play under the best developer of young talent in England (and possibly Europe) and Spurs have potentially one of the best players in Europe on the books. Get it done.

If/when Southampton go down, Bertrand and Cedric would be good, relatively cheap replacements for Rose and Aurier, who could be sold to generate funds for reinvestment elsewhere.

A genuine title challenge wouldn’t be beyond reality next season providing Pochettino learns when to take his foot off the gas and embrace a bit more pragmatism at key points throughout the season; the annual winter dip is what proves to be decisive in that regard.

Why would we sell Aurier to buy fucking Cedric?

We’re no longer a mid-level club trying to scratch our way up just a bit more on the cheap. We’re a legitimate trophy-contending team in all the major competitions. Fuck buying anyone who’s participated in a relegation campaign. The only possible exceptions would be those that are very, very young with high demonstrated potential. Anyone over 23 that couldn’t find a way to keep their club up can fuck off to Everton.

What winter dip?

Back
Top Bottom