Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dons tin hat.....

Really liking Lascalles at Newcastle. Very good season from him in difficult circumstances. Wouldn’t be heartbroken to see him in our squad next season.

And whilst we are plundering the Geordies, I remain convinced that Poch could get a lovely tune out of Jonjo Shelvey.

Just on the Martial stuff. Please can someone help me out, just point me in the direction of say FIVE games he's played well at Utd., not even asking for examples of him playing like a £63m mind-blowing player, just a good performance where he was constantly good throughout the 90mins. I'll list one, at a stretch, against us last game at the Lane, only caveat here is he was up against Tripps and his end product was shite but thought he was probably there best player that day even though we totally dominated them (more context to him not adding that much to his sides performance like you would expect from a £63m player).

I'm not taking the piss, I need to be shown evidence that he has played well in England. I don't get it, so please help an old git out.

Dons tin hat.....

Really liking Lascalles at Newcastle. Very good season from him in difficult circumstances. Wouldn’t be heartbroken to see him in our squad next season.

And whilst we are plundering the Geordies, I remain convinced that Poch could get a lovely tune out of Jonjo Shelvey.
I like Lascalles, more to do with his persona, young lad always fronts up and a great character. Think he's sold but from what I've seen (a handful of 90mins this season) I wouldn't put him in the category of a ball playing CB, maybe that's just because of how Newcastle play more than anything.

But the player for me would be de Ligt.

I'd love Martial, but there's no chance in hell Utd would sell him to us without extorting a concession in some form or another. Even if we agreed to sell them Rose though as such a concession, I'd not want to spend any more than 35 million pounds for him, and only that if he were actually Poch's #1 target, which I doubt he is. We're already stacked in attack for next season if we just keep our current squad, therefore I don't see any reason for this move to happen unless that were to change...

This is also why I don't care to entertain re-signing Bale or Modric from RM- they will insist on signing either Kane or Dele in return, and we can't possibly win in either of those deals if we intend to compete for the PL this next season.

Dons tin hat.....

Shelvey is a good player but had his chance.

I do think a bigger club than Newcastle may come in for him but it won't be us and we just don't need him.

Reidy likes....Reidy likes this a lot.

Him and Big D already had a good partnership together at the ages of 17 and 20. Both have improved since last year.. A few years together with Jan and they would be unreal. Also liking the idea of Foyth being a DM.

If this guy signs for us, I may need to buy a Gooner top to wipe up my excitement!

May have already been posted, but I'm far too lazy to start going through the pages..

If United were willing to sell either Rashford or Martial (more like Martial) would you be willing to do a deal involving Alderweireld?

Say.. a straight swap? I'm not sure who is worth more in todays market to be honest. Alderweireld is the best centre half in the league, but both Martial and Rashford have age on their side and have the potential to be world class.

May have already been posted, but I'm far too lazy to start going through the pages..

If United were willing to sell either Rashford or Martial (more like Martial) would you be willing to do a deal involving Alderweireld?

Say.. a straight swap? I'm not sure who is worth more in todays market to be honest. Alderweireld is the best centre half in the league, but both Martial and Rashford have age on their side and have the potential to be world class.
what happened to that linderhoff guy utd bought for 30+mill?

I'm not convinced by Martial. He shows rare flashes, but has had a lot of opportunity with one of the better teams and hasn't really done anything consistently.

Confidence plays a huge part in that though. Mourinho isnt the best manager to bring youth through, he prefers ready made products. Poch would give both Rashford and Martial the time, effort and confidence to be better players.

Reidy likes....Reidy likes this a lot.

Him and Big D already had a good partnership together at the ages of 17 and 20. Both have improved since last year.. A few years together with Jan and they would be unreal. Also liking the idea of Foyth being a DM.

If this guy signs for us, I may need to buy a Gooner top to wipe up my excitement!
A gooner top is good for wiping excrement, and only excrement.

Dons tin hat.....

Shelvy has the talent

Back
Top Bottom