Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? Kovacic or N'Zonzi are the two I'd like.
N'Zonzi ran the show at OT in the Round of 16.

@2mins- didn't realize N'Zonzi had that in his left foot.
Was watching thinking 'man, these spanish teams defend like shit',
but, it was just Woolwich after all, lol!
:sonpoint:

In all seriousness though, he is a hulking beast, but seems to play a lot like Dier. Good player but not really a Dembele replacement.

I would not say no to Maxi Gómez from Celta Vigo as a backup to Kane. 14 goals and 4 assists in La Liga this season.

Only downsides is he seems to only play as a central striker so playing time would be limited and I don't think Celta wants to sell after just a year

If Toby leaves I would not say no to Lascells from Newcastle (probably butchered his name tbf). Good young CB that can also work as a right back. Captain experience.

I saw that he has the same agent/management company as Kane as well which could probably help in negotiations (as do Zaha)

There is an awful lot of gossip in the local area (I live in Croydon) that Zaha's fingers were so burnt by the failure at Man Utd that he prefers being the big fish in Palarse's little pond to the option of moving on.
course, someone will buy him and prove me wrong, buts that local gossip anyway

There is an awful lot of gossip in the local area (I live in Croydon) that Zaha's fingers were so burnt by the failure at Man Utd that he prefers being the big fish in Palarse's little pond to the option of moving on.
course, someone will buy him and prove me wrong, buts that local gossip anyway
we didn't have a proper Zaha cunt off here for months.
I'll start: he's decent but nothing more, and we should definitely aspire to players of bigger calibre

we didn't have a proper Zaha cunt off here for months.
I'll start: he's decent but nothing more, and we should definitely aspire to players of bigger calibre
I dont disagree with that..and i think the fish in a pond analogy is right yoo. Like Gylfi Sigurrdson, I think he's at his best when he's the big fish. I think if he is one of the group, so to speak, he has may have a tendancy to get lost in the shuffle.
I dont think Zaha is without talent, but i think it'll get lost again at a top 6 club. He's the type that helps get you there, but you end up getting better in (like lennon with us )

I dont disagree with that..and i think the fish in a pond analogy is right yoo. Like Gylfi Sigurrdson, I think he's at his best when he's the big fish. I think if he is one of the group, so to speak, he has may have a tendancy to get lost in the shuffle.
I dont think Zaha is without talent, but i think it'll get lost again at a top 6 club. He's the type that helps get you there, but you end up getting better in (like lennon with us )
kinda pointless having a cunt off when we agree on everything...

I'll go to the Lamela thread, always lively there

Been gathering my thoughts since the match. Going to venture into that pit of a match thread momentarily but just thought I’d share a couple of thoughts here:

Going to be a big transfer window for us, in my opinion. Let’s take it as ‘likely’ that Toby and Dembele are off. That’s a big hole to fill. Half of a team’s spine, in fact.

I hope we can replace them in a proactive fashion (obviously, De Ligt is the dream to replace Alderweireld).
I see it as an opportunity regarding Dembele. As I’ve said before, he’s uniquely talented at what he does but I now strongly believe that our team will improve if we have a CM who will get the ball and pick a pass rather than look to dribble past players.

As for the rest. Fuck knows. I think this is where we unfortunately have to be cutthroat with players who are likeable but won’t cut the mustard going forward.

I think we need 3 or 4 signings to take us to the next level. Not squad players but top class first 11 players.

Aurier seems to have been a mistake, trippier has done well but he will never quite be top class in the way Walker was. RB is a must.

Davies like trippier has done well and deserved his place but Rose’s ceiling is so much higher. If Rose is fit and if there’s any chance he stays this summer then I’d be playing him in the remaining games. If not then a LB is needed.

A Dembele long term replacement is vital and the club need to be willing to spend big in this area.

Lastly we probably need something special in an attacking sense. Son and Alli are great when Spurs are playing well but we don’t have a player who can drag us through games like Gareth Bale did at times. Bale’s wage demands may be to high, but we need a player of that calibre.

Also after yesterday I’m more leaning to the side saying our treatment of the Toby situation has been foolish. He’s a truely world class player

If we get decent bids then sell these= sissoko, lamela, llorente, george & onomah.
Probably losing toby & maybe rose & dembele. All need replacing if go.

Bring in=
Experienced leader type
2 real quality signings
A punt on a youngster or 2.

We could do with an alternative to kane, more creativity in attack, more pace (I like davies & trippier but its all very pedestrian when both play). Then it depends on who goes. Obviously I know we won't buy all these players/areas but hopefully we will prioritise & cover the most needed areas.
I don't think 3 signings & a youngster or 2 will upset the current squad.

Last edited:
I think we need 3 or 4 signings to take us to the next level. Not squad players but top class first 11 players.

Aurier seems to have been a mistake, trippier has done well but he will never quite be top class in the way Walker was. RB is a must.

Davies like trippier has done well and deserved his place but Rose’s ceiling is so much higher. If Rose is fit and if there’s any chance he stays this summer then I’d be playing him in the remaining games. If not then a LB is needed.

A Dembele long term replacement is vital and the club need to be willing to spend big in this area.

Lastly we probably need something special in an attacking sense. Son and Alli are great when Spurs are playing well but we don’t have a player who can drag us through games like Gareth Bale did at times. Bale’s wage demands may be to high, but we need a player of that calibre.

Also after yesterday I’m more leaning to the side saying our treatment of the Toby situation has been foolish. He’s a truely world class player

Absolutely regarding Alderweireld - yesterday was the biggest game of the season, and to refuse to use the best defender in the league out of spite was absolutely moronic; he’s still being paid and is available for selection.

Bailey would be perfect for this team, as would Loftus-Cheek to replace Dembele; getting Winks back fit would add another dimension with regards to passing too.

Defensively, Shaw’s performances for United over winter prove there’s still a player in there, and his exile at United is more to do with his brother leaking info to the press at the start of last season than his performances in training. He’d be gettable as a replacement for Rose, and is a faster overlapper (when allowed to) than Davies.

The list of viable Alderweireld replacements isn’t extensive, but I’d look to get Joe Gomez from Liverpool with the promise of a central role rather than his current fullback one at LFC; he’s a quality young defender with enormous potential.

Absolutely regarding Alderweireld - yesterday was the biggest game of the season, and to refuse to use the best defender in the league out of spite was absolutely moronic; he’s still being paid and is available for selection.

Bailey would be perfect for this team, as would Loftus-Cheek to replace Dembele; getting Winks back fit would add another dimension with regards to passing too.

Defensively, Shaw’s performances for United over winter prove there’s still a player in there, and his exile at United is more to do with his brother leaking info to the press at the start of last season than his performances in training. He’d be gettable as a replacement for Rose, and is a faster overlapper (when allowed to) than Davies.

The list of viable Alderweireld replacements isn’t extensive, but I’d look to get Joe Gomez from Liverpool with the promise of a central role rather than his current fullback one at LFC; he’s a quality young defender with enormous potential.
I'd like to think that in defence we should probably go for someone with a bit more experience. Experienced defenders are never bad to have on squad, especially centrally. Evans would be a steal there tbf. Not the flashy signing some would want. But he is a 3 time PL champion and a 2 time league cup champion and would bring a bit of experience from working with and under Fergie to the team.

No more quick punts on hopeful prospects please.

We can see how far just one superstar player can take you e.g (Liverpool)

If we are gonna spend 70 million make sure it's 2 quality players not a handful of maybes.

Back
Top Bottom